Mad's Content Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maters

mad30 said:
HitmonFonty said:
Bug Catcher Sammy is rebattling every time you re-enter viridian forest. I went through earlier today and got caught up by him, which I thought odd at the time, then double odd when I came back through again just now. So I went out and back in again and sure enough- another battle.
Fixed.

Actually the first trainer North from Cherrygrove has this same problem. Noticed it today on a secondary account.

Not sure if it's been brought up or if you fixed him as well, but if not... :p

Pastor-Of-Muppets

All the trainers are resetting for me when I walk north of Cherrygrove. I will walk through to get to Union Cave, and my last PC was in fuscia for example, I will lose a PVP match and get ported back to fuscia. When I walk back and go north of Cherrygrove I have to refight them again. Its the trainers prior to map with the dark cave entrance on it.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
mad30 said:
HitmonFonty said:
Bug Catcher Sammy is rebattling every time you re-enter viridian forest. I went through earlier today and got caught up by him, which I thought odd at the time, then double odd when I came back through again just now. So I went out and back in again and sure enough- another battle.
Fixed.
You sure about that?

Edit: I think I know where the bug is, for now - i'll set all in Viridian Forest for 2 days 5 days.

kalfes

mad30 said:
11/5

4/4

schoolgirl joyce now has a level 3 rattata and level 3 pidgey and can be rebattled every day (did not battle before)

Hey mad idk if you meant by like can be battled as many times as you want, but anytime you go past Schoolgirl Joyce she tries to rebattle you she rebattled me 3 times and i exited out not wanting to abuse it if it was a bug, "ill have to battle her again anyway since it was right infront of her" but yeah just wanted to let you know.

mad30

Youngster
12/9/2012
Opened up the area in cinnabar fossil lab where fossil restoration can take place.
Currently no fossils are obtainable.

Milk man at the moo moo farm now sells Moomoo milk in quantities of a dozen for $8500, half dozen for $4500 and singles for $800

CoolKnightST

mad30 said:
12/9/2012
Opened up the area in cinnabar fossil lab where fossil restoration can take place.
Currently no fossils are obtainable.

Milk man at the moo moo farm now sells Moomoo milk in quantities of a dozen for $8500, half dozen for $4500 and singles for $800
I really hope you don't go implement fossils like it's an common thing like in the original game. Yeah it would be nice that it has an horrible rare chance to get from cave pokémon or so but I don't think it's an good idea to make an default thing from it. Maybe you could make an poll for it but I would more liky seem pokémon like Aerodactyl horrible rare deep in an cave than getting it from an quest. Just think what the price from an fossil pokémon would be if everyone got one from an quest...

Another alternative idea for getting fossils. What about making an horrible rare chance to find an fossil when rock smashing. Yeah that currently doesn't exist yet in pwo. But maybe it's worth waiting.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Don't worry, the conflicts you brought up are normally considered when updates happen. That's likely why nothing more has been done with this yet.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
I want just ask for know it. Will be 1-4 Generation fossils or 1-2 Generation fossils? Early thanks for answer

Merse

Youngster
OMG Naruto.... Did you see any Gen 4 Pokemon catchable in the wilds recently....? Then why would be any Gen 4 fossil ingame?

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Merse said:
OMG Naruto.... Did you see any Gen 4 Pokemon catchable in the wilds recently....? Then why would be any Gen 4 fossil ingame?
You are my attacker ;D . Only in seasons, but they can do fossils hard to get in cave from encountered Pokemon. Etc: in Mt. Moon you can find Helix and Dome fossils at 0,01%. Etc 2: in Cinnabar Tunnels you can find Helix and Dome fossils at 0,05%, Old Amber fossil 0,01%, Root fossil and Claw fossil 0,005, Skull fossil and Armor fossil 0,001%

Merse

Youngster
Impossible. It's like you would want to find Tyrannosaurus fossils in Europe. They did not live there before they got extinct, so you won't find them there.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
CoolKnightST said:
narutofoxLT said:
Merse said:
You are my attacker ;D . Only in seasons, but they can do fossils hard to get in cave from encountered Pokemon. Etc: in Mt. Moon you can find Helix and Dome fossils at 0,01%. Etc 2: in Cinnabar Tunnels you can find Helix and Dome fossils at 0,05%, Old Amber fossil 0,01%, Root fossil and Claw fossil 0,005, Skull fossil and Armor fossil 0,001%
Well something about that was in my example I would however don't make Root and Claw fossil more rare than Helix and Dome. First an list of all fossils:
  • Helix Fossil: Omanyte (1st Gen)
  • Dome Fossil: Kabuto (1st Gen)
  • Old Amber: Aerodactyl (1st Gen)
  • Root Fossil: Lileep (3th Gen)
  • Claw Fossil: Anorith (3th Gen)
  • Skull Fossil: Cranidos (4th Gen)
  • Armor Fossil: Shieldon (4th Gen)
  • Cover Fossil: Tirtouga (5th Gen)
  • Plume Fossil: Archeops (5th Gen)

For the current fossil pokémon encounters: Currently Omanyte and Kabuto are HR in Kanto so maybe Aerodactyl could be in johto or an area between it. However combat sided Aerodactyl doesn't really have the value to make it the rare from the rarest and clearly should not be require 16 badges to encounter. Maybe they could remove the Omanyte and Kabuto encounter from johto and replace it to Aerodacty. So every region the the futher have how own fossil pokémon.

For the fossils:
I gues it would be harder than it looks now let's say you place those fossils on an pokémon (Caves for example) than every reason will need to have an lab what's an bit stuppid for only 9 fossils. 2th Gen doesn't even have fossil pokémon. So here's an suggestion:
  • Only Kanto has an lab, it requires all badges to get acces to it
  • Now it's an just an building but an activity. You can still get fossil pokémons from fossils, only you will have to pay an large amount of money for it.
  • Fossils can be found when doing rock smash on rocks or by killing specific rock pokémon in caves (geodude, rhydoon, etc)
  • In the lab you can also battle fossil pokémon.
  • To ballance it out for both regions there's an npc in every cave where you can sell them to.

Alternative idea:
Removing all encounters for fossil pokémons. They can only be found an doing rock smash on an rock. Only an horrible rare chance that you will find an fossil that you can revive in the lab.

This idea could be combined with others like only when cutting an tree you can find an Bonsly/Sudowoodo etc...

The only thing where I'm 100% sure about is that the lab just isn't something to be add now. Add some battle npc's with fossil pokémon there and everyone is happy.
I know what fossil are from what generation, but fossils for 1 Pokemon, that sick. That why 1-4 generation fossils need to exist and be find able, not just only 1 generation. Its good idea to get fossils from Rock type Pokemon in caves and drop rates who I say for fossils in Cinnabar Tunnels are perfect to your idea. :)
Mad and other staff members, thanks for great work :)

Merse

Youngster
OK, let me rephrase this: You want to catch wild ostriches in Europe? You want to catch lions in the US? You want to catch Koalas in Amazonia? IT WON'T HAPPEN! Because they don't live here! Therefore it would be just stupid to be able to find gen 3-4 fossils in Kanot or Jotho. They did not live there! It's the very same reason why they don't add Trapinch. It's not about the "gimme! gimme! i wanna moar pokemunz!", it's about an inherent logic of the Pokémon World, which this game tries to keep. And just because you think that Gen 1 fossils are "sick" the devs shouldn't throw away their whole idea of making PWO an authentic replica of the official Pokémon games.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Merse said:
OK, let me rephrase this: You want to catch wild ostriches in Europe? You want to catch lions in the US? You want to catch Koalas in Amazonia? IT WON'T HAPPEN! Because they don't live here! Therefore it would be just stupid to be able to find gen 3-4 fossils in Kanot or Jotho. They did not live there! It's the very same reason why they don't add Trapinch. It's not about the "gimme! gimme! i wanna moar pokemunz!", it's about an inherent logic of the Pokémon World, which this game tries to keep. And just because you think that Gen 1 fossils are "sick" the devs shouldn't throw away their whole idea of making PWO an authentic replica of the official Pokémon games.
This is not not original game, this is Beta PWO, so for now my idea is good, but later when PWO be improved my idea become too much unrealistic. Now I say understandable for you Merse? :p

Merse

Youngster
Yeah, we can throw out all the principles of the Pokemon World and say that we'll get back to them once the final version is released. So why don't we add legendary Pokemon as catchable? :p
Your idea is not "good". Maybe you think it is, but you can't say it objectively it is good. It's arrogant, offensive and selfish.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Merse said:
Yeah, we can throw out all the principles of the Pokemon World and say that we'll get back to them once the final version is released. So why don't we add legendary Pokemon as catchable? :p
Your idea is not "good". Maybe you think it is, but you can't say it objectively it is good. It's arrogant, offensive and selfish.
Why you change theme to about Legendary Pokemon, we no need any Legendary Pokemon at PWO. By that way in renewed Pokemon Games you can find in Kanto and Johto 1-4 generation fossils. ;)
PS. Merse we need end war in this topic, because its holy topic :)

Merse

Youngster
Sorry mate, I lost you here.... I have not the slightest idea what are you talking about...

Cool, I agree with you in that fossil Pokemon shouldn't be catchable but obtainable by a quest or something, but just making a Pokemon to drop an item would be a bit too simply. And why would a diglett carry a fossil with him anyway? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.