Why is everyone quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
hello everyone you must have know me as ahmed/scarface or phoenixheat i am here to explain why is everyone ( especially old players ) quitting  well everyone have it's own some just quit if they have nothing  else to do that means low events which is the principale cause of players leave the game while some otherplayers just quit when they don't like to spent some time on somethng isn't " good enough" for them that's why i think Staff members "must" do something about this ' i know they are not getting paid but i have a quoto i always use it in everything "don't take a place in a team if you know you can't do the job you are requested to do "  so i am asking if ther's anything that admins can do about this especially since lately we have saw many very old player just came for 1-5days and after seeing ther's nothing especial they just get back inactive and this way ther's nothing to play for 
i know that admins are not getting paid for their work but let's be a little realistic almost any MMos have not paid staff and the thing is they have things to keep players interested in it i know that it sounds i am advirtising for other games but i am not and you all know that i am loyal here .-. and pwo is gonna be the only MMo that i will ever play until i die/quit/banned but seriously it just feel harsh to see all your friends disspear one after one until you have noone to play with him which it was litteraly the only reason i was playing just to talk/have fun with some friends so hope we can get a sollution to all of this together 
[font=Whitney,]Battle tower - 2 years - never gained one updated
prize corner - 3 years - never gained any poke new [/font]

[font=Whitney,]those things needs updates really at least to let new/old players have some new fun getting them [/font]

forget to mention that doing swarms isn't a sollution cause it just contain low rarity poke that means will just make less time to find them nothing else

f8a76e4a-0c05-48cb-a233-39976f80a710.png
this was 4years ago :(

justme1306

Youngster
yeah thats a very nice post and respectful. and i agree its very sad to see friends leaving and in a month i saw many of my friends leaving. and honestly i barely have fun to play anymore i come online cause my guild and friends but after many of my friend has left. ive been around since 2012 and ive heard many time best stuff is coming but still wait for it. i still have hope for this game but my membership ends 1st january and that mean over 2 months left. after that if no updates or new content i will probably give up on this game. ive been suporting this game since 2012 and never played 1 month without ms so we've supporting this game for many years now i think its to the staff to show they still want this game to progress otherwise everyone is leaving.

so great post and hope staff will see it and understand players opinion and hope it can be discussed in respect

The-Joker

hey ahmed, sup?

i agree with u.

I'm seriously considering leaving the game indefinitely as well.

about BT - i have all the items, so.. why i would do that if i can't sell because all the players have too and no come nothing new...

news players in channel brasil, when start say to me, "i want catch a Staravia" and others pokes that no have ingame, or "i want a gliscor/weavile"(hard iten to be encoutered ingame)...

pwo it is stoped in time, this is one of a lot of reason of players are quitting......

alecio-123

I played pwo for four years and had never seen the game get as dead as it is now. A lot of my friends stopped playing because they did not update or something, I'm losing this desire to play for the same reasons, we urgently need changes and a more active and transparent staff with the players.

This is my observation. =C

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Completely agree 100% (wow it's a miracle :p ). PWO just doesn't have much to offer or motivate for players that have been here awhile. The best thing about PWO has always been its community. Sadly so many players are bored of the game and they leave and when friends leave there isn't much more of  a reason to stay. So then that person leaves and then when that person leaves another person loses another friend so they leave and that causes another of their friends to leave and its a domino effect.

I'm not going to discount the staff though, there are some staff members that work very hard but then you have some staff members that do absolutely nothing at all once they become a member. Those people simply become staff for bragging rights and a feeling of authority but then proceed to do nothing with their new found power. So what you have is a staff with a descent number of members but only 5 or 6 people that shoulder the entire load by themselves and lets face it, the staff are not machines, they have lives and sometimes things happen and in situations like that it's understandable when they don't do as much work as usual. My gripe is with the staff members that sit around and do nothing at all as the half dozen dedicated people bust their butts to try and keep the game alive. For those staff members that actually do work I truly appreciate your efforts and am thankful for what you do with the limited resources you have.  For those staff members that do nothing, well please kindly go away and never return. Honestly if there is a way to log how much work a staff member puts in I say look over those logs and begin to cut the people that do so little or nothing and try to find somebody to replace them with. I know its easier said then done but its just an idea.

As for the player base, those that are still active, do your best to help one another. Stop the senseless bickering and get along. Stop trying to degrade one another, stop the childish play ground behavior and unite to keep the dying community alive. Nobody wants to play a game with a dwindling community that is anywhere from 25-35% toxic. Everyone should take care of themselves and each other. I also think the staff should be stricter with the toxic players. A slap on the wrist with a one day ban for harassing a player pretty much does nothing to punish them and they pretty well just laugh it off and continue being just as rude and spiteful as before. So when that happens friendly players leave because they see the staff as not giving a care about them and feel no more of a need to waste their time, on the opposite side that same toxic player gets to stay and spread their poison on to another victim who then leaves, the end result is a dying community.

Now let's turn that around. Say the staff bans a harassing player for a week if its their first offense, then two weeks for a second offense, 4 weeks for a 3rd offense and then a permanent ban after that. That player will then understand "hey this staff doesn't mess around." From that point they will either straighten up and learn or they will simply quit and in doing so make the game a better place and leave a chance for a more friendly player to take their spot and strengthen the community. Another issue is some of the staff being too close with certain players and pretty much letting them get away with anything. Players make friends with a staff member and then when ever they get in trouble the player simply turns to that staff member, plays them like a fiddle and gets off with out any sort of consequence. That player then knows they can run rough shot over others and have no fears of penalty. Basically staff members need to be staff first and friends second if they truly care about helping this game.

Anyway, as usual  I made a much too long post LOL sorry about that. I do hope though that one day this game can thrive again and grow and have full servers. I've made a lot of good friends on here, some have become close personal friends and i never would have met them if not for this game. That's why I don't want this game to die, that's why I wish for the best. Because without this game others may miss out on such an opportunity as I was blessed to have. :)

lWtRl

Youngster
The staff members are not paid and have their own life too. It is a fact and we all understand that.
The game is getting worse because there are no updates and new contents added lately(major ones). It is also a fact.

And we know it is never easy to make major updates regularly but it is just way too slow... ( It makes players leave. This is what we observed)
We know you guys have tried and worked to solve this. We are not trying to complain and be demanding but simply wish the game could be better.

thunderclap

Youngster
Just came back for a few days after almost a year away. I actually thought the game had died, because you switched the domain name from .net to .com. Every few weeks I'd try the .net domain, see that it's still not working, and continue with my day. I'm usually fairly technically saavy, so maybe that messed some other people up too.

My major beef with the game is the awful interface. Locked to 800x600. I have to change my resolution to 1280x768 just so I can see anything because the fullscreen is so messed up you can't minimize properly. Furthermore the mouse clicks don't click where they're supposed to click at any time, and are even worse in fullscreen. Changing the resolution is a short-term fix but it makes my computer basically unusable for other things. And messes up all my desktop icons.

I think the weekend events are a great start. I had fun playing in last weekend's swarm - my first one. I'd say that the pokemons involved need to be chosen carefully. An old player who spent most of his fortune to acquire pokemon X might quit if an event makes it so that 5 other people have that same pokemon. Seems like you've done a good job in that regard since most prices have gone up since I last played. I don't have enough perspective to say whether people are actually quitting due to this or not.

A newly designed client/interface and another region and some new pokemons would go a long way. With all due respect I really don't think it's rocket science -- but what do I know.

Isguros

Youngster
Jobey said:
there are some staff members that work very hard but then you have some staff members that do absolutely nothing at all once they become a member. Those people simply become staff for bragging rights and a feeling of authority but then proceed to do nothing with their new found power.

I'm Pretty sure Paarthunax~ does some useful stuff sometimes as well other than just showing his shiny Garchomp etc. in the chat ;) (also, he's not a full-fledged staff member just yet).

Now to the more pressing matters:
Personally, I'm content with the amount of content this game offers. Heck, sometimes I wish there was less of it as far as useless/stupid dialogues and annoying NPC (re-)battles go. Sure, adding stuff seems like a pretty beneficial solution at first, but soon enough people start asking for new stuff and are expecting more and more. A sudden influx in content won't increase the playerbase in the long haul, nor will it have a positive effect on the economy.

As for why I think people lose their motivation to play this game? Because they either accomplished the goals they set out for themselves, or they gave up on reaching them.Simple as that..

Like all of you, I also have my own ideas on how to improve our beloved PWO, but I don't intend to rub y'all the wrong way any more than I already have for now, all I can say is that it doesn't include forcing the staff to make us have events all year 'round or turning it into a police state :p.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
LOL Paarth is one of the few staff members I respect for actually trying to do something. In fact he is one of only 3 staff members I trust to try and get stuff done. I'm also not saying go full on dictator mode with punishments either. I'm saying that the current punishments for being a disruptive player are laughable. One day bans and two day bans for things is just pointless and whats worse is most of time a player just has to say "sorry I wont do it again" and they don't even have to serve the full punishment and then turn around and do the same stuff all over again. Also yes, NPC rebattle is something that is very irritating and pointless, I think you should not have to rebattle any of the stupid NPCs unless you press spacebar on them LOL

SirLoki-II

I'm agree with you ahmed. A lot of players has stopped and each day more players quitting the game, and nothing new happens. And we don't know the progress of the pwo, don't has transparency. For example, we don't know when sevii islands will be ready, not even a ideia, so Hoenn for us is still so far, this discourage to continue playing. I have all itens, almost all pokes catchable, so, i have nothing to do anymore, and each day one friend stop play, and a lot of others players stop too.
If a lot of players was out, something is wrong about the game, but seems is all O.K., good, much work. Big uptades requires a lot of work, i understand, but theres a lot of small uptades that you can improve the game, but nothing happens...
This game provide me a lot of funny, but im really disappointed with no expectation, cause has no transparency...
If the game continue without updates, events, new pokes, new itens, natures, and TRANSPARENCY, i will be one more player that stopped..

themyth

I agree with you, Ahmed. The each day more and more friends stop of play, wanting or no this is discouraging for all players. For now, I play it just for talking with my friends, just this. I think with some little updates the most players can wait for big updates.

woodknight

its a hard moment, and we all kno that
but what should we do?
i kno its a bad feeling for u staff guys, i kno that u work hard, and changed a lot of things on the last att, which was very good, we all kno u have lives and ur dont get paid to do this stuff, but what is the solution?
i mean, u guys want us to pay for someone do a great/fast/revolutionary job, and bring the new client for us? (note: its not a complainin, its a solution tryin) its a real idea, pay someone to do this and players help with it, buying tokens, and things to help this payment.
other solution that ive thought is a little event with some new pokes/itens every 3 months, and keep it on for a week
other thing is tournaments, hosted by staff, with prizes, u know? like a good item, or good poke, u can get the help by players, if we are complainin and we want to this alive, we need to help and personally i will help if u need.
this is te point i think, i need to try to find a real solution and not to only complainin.
idk, its real hard, i play this since 2010 and i saw a lot of things changin, a lot of issues being killed, a lot of bugs disappearing and its nice, but we are on a bad time now and we need to help each other now.

Marcos-san

Hello everyone;

I am currently one of those who have already left the game, even with so many things I wanted to do yet, but I can't because PWO is totally limited in reference to other Pokémon MMOs. Why do I say that? Simply by the fact of "false promises". I have only been playing PWO for a year and have already been told stories about this game that have left me stumped, of which I still don't understand why I still stay here, as they would say in my country, "punching a knife." If you don't realize, we are "tapping the same key" in PWO for YEARS and you guys still defend the staff... We try to give enough ideas so that the game can improve, get out of the sameness we are in today, and what happened ? They just DO NOT HEAR US.

They say that the community has "the voice of reason" for everything, but what good is it to talk about suggestions without being treated as indifference by the staff members of this game? I've already staged enough to say that the game has no future, it's "delivered to the flies", there's nothing left to do but everyday: doing Gym's, completing Quest's, doing the Battle Tower run, ah , and the main thing: to hunt a Tier 5 Pokémon that you will hardly find thanks to this outdated spawn system that the staff has promised to fix and has not done so far.

They left us hands shaking...

Anyway, the "brilliant" award for the staff at the end of the year will be players leaving to never return to PWO; it's true that we need to wait to get the things we deserve in this game (no one on staff is paid for it), but how many years have we been waiting for Sevii? Hoenn? Enough for us to complain, because it has no delivery forecast. At least once in a life I agree with Ahmedov in this post, and he is right.

But I, unlike him, say that this game has no return. Many of my friends have stopped playing because of a game we love not having changes. And so shall I do.

To conclude, reflect in my image below:

261kcv8.jpg

Grchw

If you guys want to quit, remember to give me your best pokes.

MaxBlade94

i agree with you ahmed, as and old player, reminds me when I can not find a place to enter the game in the 2015 event, so what has changed since then? I am trying to empathize with a player who has left this game, so i'm thinking why the pwo's graphichs  has changed, Pwos graphics were very good in 2015, now look at the secreen while hunting pokemon they zoomed, it almost covers the screen ,they seems like pixel, in my opinion no one accepts such changes as updates, same thing for pokemon boxes too, they are soo small now cant even see them sometimes, the old one was vry good specialy for collectors and i also have a few friend that quit this game because of the small boxes, and in my opinion the other reason is the pokemons, i know their hard working its very hard to complete a new map like hoenn, but they can add a few good hoenn pokemons to kanto map or johto it must be possible, we are really bored to hunt for tauros scyther etc, hope the game will be fixed as soon as possible

Tha-Kram

I also quit, but for my own reasons, not for the lack of updates
not going into that though

When I first came here the server crashed once every 10 minutes, sometimes less, and a DEV needed to be online to restart it.
since then they made many quick-fixes to keep it running and they did kinda work.
But from what I understand they stopped the quick fixes and focus mainly on fixing bugs and mechanics to make the game run better without concern. So far they managed pretty well at that, as well as the additions of EV, day/night spawns and the use of items in battle.

The staff is now focussing on the foundation of the game, to make the quality of the upcoming content better. Creating new content is not too hard, but making everything work smoothly is a whole different story.
I don't want to go back to the "old days" where the game was laggy and crashy and where people lost HRs/shinies because of a servercrash due to bad mechanics. They are now taking their time, their free time as some of you already mentioned, to build all the content on a solid foundation. That requires more coordination than rushing a map and using quick-fixes to make things work.

furchia

well seems more like 'completing the game', no? it's normal for single-player..., for mmo, lets say you 'grow out of game'. i don't think hoenn would return fadoka's and dragon's in a long run... 8 new gym's 2-3 quest... and bought new pokes from newbies (they have pd for sure and actually we have all hoenn pokes already in ts). so how long it would take for them to complete hoenn? 2-3 days i guess and they would become bored again and would demand sinno then.
so become bored? take a break))) this game is not for 24x7 for sure. take it easy, guys)))

shodan21

Youngster
holy run-on sentence, ahmed - use some punctuation! :p

one of the bigger reasons for quitting that's been missed in here is the broken PvP system. PWO still uses B/W mechanics (with a couple exceptions in weather and hidden power), which means no fairy type and no steel nerf. To compound that, we dont have natures, certain important abilities are broken/unimplemented (e.g., magic bounce, sheer force), and some important wallbreaker pokes are unavailable*, so PvP is mostly a tankfest that leads to long, boring, and overall annoying battles. other pokemon MMOs are doing fairly well despite issues such as broken economies and corrupt staff, but not because they have more or better content than PWO - instead, its because they have a working battle system. i know of people who have used Showdown to try out battling and have come to realize just how incredibly far behind and broken PWO is in that respect. unfortunately, it seems staff have chosen to prioritize other things over fixing this**, and so while the distant prospect of Sevii and Hoenn, along with the new pokes those will bring, is alluring, its also not enough (and too distant) to justify end-game players sticking around, since PvP literally is the end-game of PWO.

* Riga helped on this point by releasing Infernape and Empoleon, but it's a bit of a drop in the bucket.
** that is not to say that Sevii, Hoenn, and an NPC scripting system that isnt literal hot garbage are not worth doing, but if the playerbase disappears by the time theyre done, when other updates could have kept people around, it wont make much difference. also, some acknowledgement and praise is definitely due for the ability update that was done earlier this year - that was an excellent step in the right direction.

Toxico

Hello, im disappointed as everybody & i've already left the game many times in a row, but i still believe in this project. I really think staff could Tell us their major problems & obstacles & we could try to help, i.e.: im c, c++ and py programmer i can help with ANY programing stuff, even w Languages idk, at least i could copy and paste some sheet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.