Who remembers the trainer of the abyss?

Abyssalrider

I seem to be seeing that many of the veteran players that used to be around when I was active are returning, figured i'd see who's still here that remembers me. I see Prof. Oak, Bluerise ( *jokingly* they stop blaming you for everything yet lee?), Saric, Jinji, Chocobo, and others are still here but i'm curious about the others. the most likely way any of you would remember me if not by name is that i created the initial forum post with a guide to fixing the direct3d initialization error that became part of the wiki, I know many of you likely used it in the past as I made the guide to stop the constant barrage of threads asking how to fix it lol. I'm thinking of coming back, but it's been at least 2 years since I last played regularly and have no idea what's changed since then...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Many things have changed everywhere you look in PWO in the last two years. Even if you just consider services outside the game, in the last few months we have changed our Forum software and added new features to the Playerdex. As for the game itself, the last two years have seen many server and client updates, both front and back-end.

One of the biggest changes to PWO was the improvement of our Battle System, which now supports all moves up to the end of Gen 5 and allows them all to work correctly in accordance to the official games. A new PvP mode was also introduced around the same time as this, the "Random Battle", which allows you to battle another player with randomly-generated teams rather than your own.

Pokémon are now able to hold items; and Pokémon who evolve through held items now evolve in the way you would expect them to.
Also, talking of items, we now have a hotkey system to quickly use key items. F1, F2 and F3 will let you quickly use the Bicycle, Old Rod or Wind Surfboard respectively, if you have them. The items and keys can be changed by editing your PWOOptions.ini

We also finally have a Box system! Yup, no more swapping Pokémon for others and having no way to organise what Pokémon appears on what page, now you have 24 boxes to manage your Pokémon as you like :)

There's also been tons of bugfixes; and other new things I've likely forgotten ;)

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Heya, Welcome back!

Rumours of my activity may be overstated, but I do like to show my face from time to time.