Where to Buy antidotes?

The-Predator

Youngster
I liked how the staff members tried to encourage players to play the battles the way it should, In last Holodeck event, there was few NPCs giving advices to players about EVs, switching battles and stuff, However we can still see how players refuse to play how it should be, and we can still see fights in the channel with the classic "noob argument", No one can change the way of think of other players, but that does not mean it should stay this way, so all we can do, is to try to change these poisoned heads with something that may call their attentions and try to take part on switching battles, So I came up with an idea for a suggestion.

I am not going to blame staff for this, Game stayed so long with bad battle system that players has a mistaken Idea of how to play pokemon battles, but there is still a solution, maybe it is all up to players to change this with the time, but a bit of help of staff encouraging players is the faster way. I suggest to host an official PWO tournament, Rules could be limited to no OHKO moves, and NO doubles, ( I can not think of some other rule atm). Let me explain, If players are to host a tournament with switching battles, Poisoned heads are not going to participate since there is nothing interesting for them, Unless player hosting the tournament are willing to give enourmous quantities in pokemoney for free entry (not going to happen) plus there is still a chance those poisoned heads are not going to enter, If staff is to host such tournament, of course players going to be interested on it, PWO battlers nowadays only battles for Wins and have their names in the top 10 battlers list, winning an Official tournament and getting their names in the "hall of fame" is something they will be wanting, plus the prizes. Prizes does not have to be that big, but they should be something special at the same time. What about instead of giving pokemon for prizes you give special items? I dont know, maybe Dubious Disk to get Porygon-Z, Some way to get leafeon/Glaceon/Probopass (item), Some ability capsules, maybe some other held item, eviolite, focus sash, lum berry etc.

As you can see they are not that rare items in the pokemon world, but they are in PWO, those are something every player are going to want to have in their hands, That is surely to call attention from players, encouraging them to enter the real pokemon battles, giving them an Official tournament that has not happened in years, and maybe getting some money activity among accounts (shrug).

Any thoughts??

Electrofreak

Personally I feel we need more held items, taunt, and voltswitch/uturn before switching becomes a staple of battling. It would still be nice to head that direction but currently snorlax is an issue when people just leave it as their last pokemon then go +6 due to the lack of items like choice band to allow someone to take it out after +2.

Tl;dr
Put taunt, voltswitch, uturn, and choice items in first, then yes I agree with a tournament to enforce switching.
Edit: Throw haze in there as well.

P.S. I would also add evasion clause. No one wants minimize spam.

Electrofreak

Almighty-KP- said:
As a note, taunt is working currently

The issue is we have no way to pass taunt to its normal users. It does work but gengar, crobat, aerodactyl, gliscor, smeargle and stuff like that would need the TM to get it.

Smeargle could learn it from pvp matches, but I do not think it will be implemented this way since everything else resets after match ends.

LunaticJames

Content maker
To highlight and note, this thread, like all other suggestion thread is being watched by staff and this generated an amusingly large conversation over a single topic in our talks over the past few days. And I'm here to poke at the topic some more to get player responses.

Currently at this state in the game, as others have pointed out, staff also do not feel that the battle scene is up-to-date enough to hold a large and official battle tournament, but as many have seen, we (Donar (and sometimes Lumi(triple brackets))) are working on making moves, introduce abilities, etcetcblahblah work properly for the game.
There is still a long way to go I personally feel until it's complete enough to stage a grand tournament, but my question is, what would the players want to see implemented and/or 100% working in the battle scene before any official tournament took place?

I wouldn't worry or poke at anything else being involved for a tournament besides wanting to get a larger feel on what players would want before one was held. Prizes, rules, exceptions etc can be dealt with later.

The-Predator

Youngster
While I do agree that a there are still lot of things to be worked on before a tournament could be run properly, I want to note that the main point of the topic was not about a tournament, I used the tournament as suggestion, because it was what I thought could call the attention from players.

The main point of the topic was to ask for help from staff members to do somethig that could end with the "no switch" rule, it is annoying that even with all these updates, players are still complaining and even arguing about how noob is to switch in a battle, even though PWO still lacks lots of abilities,TMs and natures, it is decent enough to stop limiting the battles to non-switching.

I remember the "no switch" rule was agreed by all players because the switch could glitch the battle, that ended long ago, and now passed from being a way to avoid a glitch, to a "if you switch, my super effective attack, would be not that effective".

All I ask for now is a way for staff to encourage players to let go the no switching rule, I am pissed of being called a noob for a rule that should not exist anymore, and pissed of using special attackers or using non-fighting type pokemon and watch the snorlaxs boost and kill my whole team.

The only suggestion I could think of, was a tournament, though it could be any other event or something that could call the attention from players and let the no switching rule die.

As for an official tournament all TMs should be released and available for players to obtain. Same for move tutors and move fixes.

Electrofreak

I agree with everything above. The issue is how can we get players to actually accept switching. Snorlax is also a huge issue if it is the last pokemon as well. Currently boosting is too strong in tandem with leftovers+rest.

Things we need:

1. Taunt widespread
2. choice items
3. natures (natures + choice band/specs is what allows tanks like snorlax to be broken after getting +2 from a boost)
4. Focus sash (this allows faster pokemon to switch in on boosted tanks and use their utility or hard hitting moves)