Event Where the cold reigns

LunaticJames

Content maker
Whoa guys, chill out. I'm not sure why this is getting everyone so icy towards one another.

I put it in there because I was having fun making all of this :p Never used that tileset so wanted to try something cool.
Then it evolved over time to what it is now. Originally it was just supposed to be a Sitrus berry being given by an NPC with my name. I liek Sitrus berries. But that felt too vain so I changed it to Nostalgic man, cos, you know, the scenery. Its like you never interacted with his bookshelves or his NES lol.

Quick Q and A for this.
Q - Nicolas? A - Saint Nicolas. Dudes short staffed cos they're elves lol.
Q - Favouritism? A - No. lol. I kept it secret from everyone besides Sorey who helped me code it. It was a surprise :D
Q - No hints? A - Made it so trees you can walk behind have different shadows. Visibly, it is there for all to see whole time.
Q - Secret? A - Preferable. But I still enjoy the social aspect of sharing rumours and helping others which ties into the spirit of the event.
Q - People will miss out? A - Correct. If it was it to be a guaranteed certainty that everyone would get it, it wouldn't be hidden. Big open straight path to a plain map doesn't sound exciting though.

All that aside, I'll probably still do this again in the future with fun secrets. Likely with puzzles added in as well just for the challenge. Its fun to make, its good to see the communal aspect behind "being first" also.

For the Move Tutor, I'll raise it up with Sorey later. Thank you for making that thread for the discussion. I don't know what are good tutor moves, so am glad a discussion happened which I will fully plagiarise for a wider benefit.

DH94

Youngster
Not a lot of time left to add the tutors especially if a wide range of pokes will be able to learn those moves =(

LunaticJames

Content maker
Will be extending the event until end of the weekend (11:59pm Sunday UTC). Because I am moderately lazy and cannot be bothered doing so on a Friday. I just want to chill :<
And also because doing so at that time is a convenient time for me in Australia (10:59am Monday AEDT).

Move tutor will be available even after the event ends, as they won't be placed inside the event map. Will post another update when they are ready. Save your event currency

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
It looks like Santa left a gift under the Tree: Moves Tutor was added in NorthBell. Gather all Gift Pieces you are able to and teach your pokemon some moves, like this Pikachu:

dance-pikachu.gif

Enjoy!

whisMEAT

Youngster
It looks like Santa left a gift under the Tree: Moves Tutor was added in NorthBell. Gather all Gift Pieces you are able to and teach your pokemon some moves, like this Pikachu:

dance-pikachu.gif

Enjoy!
That pika got the mooooves

whisMEAT

Youngster
What is the last day of tutors being avalible? I need to do some research...

LunaticJames

Content maker
What is the last day of tutors being avalible? I need to do some research...
Was thinking around the end of January, or first week of Feb. Maybe the 6th of Feb? Initially was planning 7 days, but want to give some time for post event burn-out to pass for players to find and use them.

Isguros

Youngster
Was thinking around the end of January, or first week of Feb. Maybe the 6th of Feb? Initially was planning 7 days, but want to give some time for post event burn-out to pass for players to find and use them.
So the move tutor for the Halloween event will outlast that of the Christmas event?

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
So the move tutor for the Halloween event will outlast that of the Christmas event?
It's not hard to conclude that it will outlast that of the Christmas event since you know both dates, don't you think?

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
It's not hard to conclude that it will outlast that of the Christmas event since you know both dates, don't you think?
No dates are set in stone here on PWO, so only time will tell, but I was just wondering why one tutor sticks around for 8 weeks while the other is gone in 2-3 weeks.

LunaticJames

Content maker
A final moo to end this event.

Below are all the spawns and some other details I wanted to share for fun :D
If you do not want to know, do not open the below spoiler.
3tHh5dc.png

Thank you all for playing and enjoying it and its secrets. We had fun making it, and it was also fun to see how people reacted to parts of it. In the future we shall see how we can make more interesting and unique methods for events and swarms. Speaking of the Future...

The Future:
Think left an update that we are working on Sevii last, but some more info on that. We mentioned it was going to be an incremental release with one Island at a time, but upon working on it, it was deemed unfeasible to both work on and release at the same time. Three islands, 4, 5 and I think 6, have been "Completed" in the sense that we have done the main quest for each of them, but they would still be lacking Flavour NPC's (ones that fill the town), and minor side quests.
Sevii Islands will include the islands as the handhelds, and will include some unique islands just for PWO, cos thats how we roll, yo. First Island to arrive on is 4th Island from memory.
I would love to give a date on when it will be released, but sadly we cannot predict that. A side effect of back to back events is we haven't really had time to properly work on Sevii since September, so there will not be a Chinese New Year event, or even an Easter event for now. Likely we will still do swarms, but our team isn't large enough to work on both content and events at the same time.

As we get back in gear from the events and work more on Sevii, we will share more updates on progress. We still aim to be transparent with what we are working on going forwards as one of our commitments to transparency.

Last edited: