Event Where the cold reigns

LunaticJames

Content maker
Merry Christmas to all, and a happy holidays to everyone.

Genevieve invites you to her town in celebrations of the year come to past.
2021 was not easy on most of us, but to see it off, Gen has invited you to come and spend some time in NorthBell, the continents most northern town where her and her husband 'Nicolas' reside.

Old Nicolas works as a toy maker, and could be considered be "short" staffed. But as his frantic year has also come to an end, I'm sure you can help him clean up some of the mess left behind in the NorthBell Forest. Just as an optional favour to him and his wife for your stay if you would like. Gen did mention that there is a craftswoman that will reward such deeds deep in the forest.

Come in, drop by, say hello. Pull up a seat and try some ice fishing if it takes the fancy. You can find your way here through a fridge in Goldenrod city House, and Celadon city House. Just walk into it like a door, it won't hurt trust me though might be cold. Though do remember to use /ref, sometimes it acts weird.

We hope you enjoy your stay.

This event will last from 24th Dec - 16th Jan.

winter21.jpg

Last edited:

LunaticJames

Content maker
Maybe >>
I will note for those reading, this was a smaller scope project as some staff are on Holidays, so there are no sprawling quests, or any quests really to do.
Made just for the funs while trying out some experimental things without making it too complicated and then late.
People to figure out how to get here first are
1st - Ramensnoodle
2nd - desya
3rd - Omaii

whisMEAT

Youngster
i confused celadon with cerulean. than found a fridge where pokemons are eating berries when interracted. I tried 6 pokemons and then gluttony pokemons so that berries will finish and path will open.....

Vrael

lol.. me too
I literally searched whole of cerulean then went to celadon

Last edited:

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Back to back Halloween and now Christmas. Whenever its unexpected, PWO amazes again and keeps a reason for us to remain loving it. Thanks for the hard work and for the amazing spawns as always and Happy Holidays for everyone.

Btw still no shiny. #EZ.

Klay

Youngster
readdialogues.gif

#givevouchersback
#DraCodisappointsagain

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Unfortunately, some people will always be Grinches. It was really just a matter of time. Though to be fair, it is kind of against the spirit of Christmas for people to miss out, so I can sort of understand the reason such a secret would end up getting leaked this time around. That's just my opinion though, and I wasn't really part of this event's development due to other commitments over Christmas, so take my comments with a pinch of salt.

whisMEAT

Youngster
Unfortunately, some people will always be Grinches. It was really just a matter of time. Though to be fair, it is kind of against the spirit of Christmas for people to miss out, so I can sort of understand the reason such a secret would end up getting leaked this time around. That's just my opinion though, and I wasn't really part of this event's development due to other commitments over Christmas, so take my comments with a pinch of salt.
although i like the good inentions on your part, this would be a reasoon why staff wouldnt bother further to do some hidden stuff, which is a perfect concept for pokemon game.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
I should not have confirmed that there was a secret after luna hinted at one in chat but that how it goes. Fear of missing out and players are impatient since it wasn't going anywhere and they could of waited at least a few days before telling all. But it was fun keeping an eye on the entrance and seeing who stumbled into it.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Rofl, you have the wrong idea. I don't mind if it is shared by word of mouth. Ideally everyone could find it themselves, but player collaboration to work together to find everything (Like the spawns at the start) is nice to see I think.
I'll just make it harder to find next time. We didn't even use any methods like the thing in Victory road, or the Mysterious Medallion. >D

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Rofl, you have the wrong idea. I don't mind if it is shared by word of mouth. Ideally everyone could find it themselves, but player collaboration to work together to find everything (Like the spawns at the start) is nice to see I think.
I'll just make it harder to find next time. We didn't even use any methods like the thing in Victory road, or the Mysterious Medallion. >D
It's pleasing to know that Luna and I share the same view on these things. In the end it's really up to the GEs the nature of any secrets they choose to add in their events and other content - if any - and there's definitely a lot of entertainment to be had seeing how creative they can be - and how quickly you players manage to figure them out ;)

whisMEAT

Youngster
I should not have confirmed that there was a secret after luna hinted at one in chat but that how it goes. Fear of missing out and players are impatient since it wasn't going anywhere and they could of waited at least a few days before telling all. But it was fun keeping an eye on the entrance and seeing who stumbled into it.
It is kind of ok to confirm something is secret for the first 2-3 times imo, withouth revealing what it is. Because games teach you how to play and we werent expecting secret stuff. like, you dont expect to be able to do conspiracy or similar stuff in skyrim cos every answer is iether "i do", "no i dont", "see you later". I dont think your confirmation was to blame for this reason

LunaticJames

Content maker
Jane has been updated with the intended items for sale.
qCGNDEB.png

During the first phase of planning we listed the previous TMs, but this was later updated to TM79 - Frost Breath and TM17 - Protect later on in planning, as we thought they would suit the event better.
An issue arose with the Jane NPC that, long story short, got fixed through debugging but accidentally let the old TM's slip back in and go unnoticed as we were too focused on the bug and were still use to the first draft TMs being there. It was fixed, but the NPC wasn't reloaded before launch and only noticed it when I checked the wiki page for the event lol.

whisMEAT

Youngster
Jane has been updated with the intended items for sale.
qCGNDEB.png

During the first phase of planning we listed the previous TMs, but this was later updated to TM79 - Frost Breath and TM17 - Protect later on in planning, as we thought they would suit the event better.
An issue arose with the Jane NPC that, long story short, got fixed through debugging but accidentally let the old TM's slip back in and go unnoticed as we were too focused on the bug and were still use to the first draft TMs being there. It was fixed, but the NPC wasn't reloaded before launch and only noticed it when I checked the wiki page for the event lol.
protect tm? i luv u, yes yes i do luv u guys