Event Where the cold reigns

Isguros

Youngster
I don't understand people's need to spoil content, honestly...
Perhaps if we'd got more hints other than 'People to figure out how to get here first are [...]' without any context, maybe then people wouldn't have to share the existence of this NPC that gives you valuable Event Vouchers and limited time items.

Last edited:

Navier

Perhaps if we'd got more hints other than 'People to figure out how to get here first are [...]' without any context, maybe then people wouldn't have to share the existence of this NPC that gives you valuable Event Vouchers and limited time items.
We might have some prodigies around then, since it took 37 minutes to the first player find out the hidden spot.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Either they had a feeling the staff team was up to no good, or they've been personally told.
If it helps, while I was made aware of Luna having put in this secret route, even I wasn't actually aware of how to get there. Luna kept the exact location a secret even from us Staff. So the idea that a player was "personally told" is, in my view, somewhat of an unlikeliness.

Isguros

Youngster
If it helps, while I was made aware of Luna having put in this secret route, even I wasn't actually aware of how to get there. Luna kept the exact location a secret even from us Staff. So the idea that a player was "personally told" is, in my view, somewhat of an unlikeliness.
They were personally told that there was a secret area.

whisMEAT

Youngster
hinting openly at "all" chat to whomever there AND posting results in forum are quite different then "personally telling" ; both in context and possible implications they can have or you can mean.

Isguros

Youngster
hinting openly at "all" chat to whomever there AND posting results in forum are quite different then "personally telling" ; both in context and possible implications they can have or you can mean.
Yeah, the All chat is a perfect way to communicate important matters with the entire player base, that's why update logs, and the game rules were just posted in the All chat once and nowhere else. They just told whoever was online at that moment. Posting results to a seemingly unrelated contest doesn't help much either.

whisMEAT

Youngster
Yeah, the All chat is a perfect way to communicate important matters with the entire player base, that's why update logs, and the game rules were just posted in the All chat once and nowhere else. They just told whoever was online at that moment. Posting results to a seemingly unrelated contest doesn't help much either.
Assuming there was no hints at all, Firstly, they saw that people spread it so it was not needed at that time to make an annoucnement. Secondly, they openly say they try something new; possibly including how people react(which luna even didnt care if people spread the word). Third, a lot of people were constanlty spreading that they are secret stuff. Practically you cant miss it. And lastly, you abuse the logic in order to support your claim. It is not a update log nor game rules that your example fits. Unless someone doesnt have a friend they will eventually here it in 2 weeks; and yes socialization IS part of pokemon and PWO. If it would be too overt would it be a hint and a new try? You just chew the words as a gum and give unrelated definitions and then strecth the logic where it fits you. It is not a game update, it was not personal ,it was not a contest.

Isguros

Youngster
Assuming there was no hints at all, Firstly, they saw that people spread it so it was not needed at that time to make an annoucnement. Secondly, they openly say they try something new; possibly including how people react(which luna even didnt care if people spread the word).
>
I don't understand people's need to spoil content, honestly...
I guess that wasn't communicated to other staff members :rolleyes:

a lot of people were constanlty spreading that they are secret stuff. Practically you cant miss it.
'were' is the correct word. I joined the event the day after Christmas and it took me until the new year to have heard someone mention the map in question and the reward to find it. Since then I've seen it brought up twice more, and seeing that not everyone has the ability or drive to hunt as long as you and I do; I'd say it's quite possible to miss out on it.

Unless someone doesnt have a friend they will eventually here it in 2 weeks; and yes socialization IS part of pokemon and PWO.
Hold on.. so you're shunned it you tell people, but your solution is telling people? o_O

it was not a contest.
If you weren't made aware of the context through in-game messages, all you have to go by was a forum post that you had to find a staff member and the first few that did so were awarded special prizes (though it was posted afterwards, and it included the results). Basically a Hide & Seek mini event.

whisMEAT

Youngster
>

'were' is the correct word. I joined the event the day after Christmas and it took me until the new year to have heard someone mention the map in question and the reward to find it. Since then I've seen it brought up twice more, and seeing that not everyone has the ability or drive to hunt as long as you and I do; I'd say it's quite possible to miss out on it.

Hold on.. so you're shunned it you tell people, but your solution is telling people? o_O

If you weren't made aware of the context through in-game messages, all you have to go by was a forum post that you had to find a staff member and the first few that did so were awarded special prizes (though it was posted afterwards, and it included the results). Basically a Hide & Seek mini event.
ööö üü. Just two weeks or so ago, we found secret stuff afterreading forum post and following italics. Now an npc said if he could get between some trees(path between trees). and and it is said forum "Though do remember to use /ref, sometimes it acts weird." (possibly a different map) . "town where her and her husband 'Nicolas' reside."(where is nicolas??) Man, we even walk between some trees, just vernecular. think isguros think
oo aa aaaa. solution: next time we will have game codes as revelations
. I joined the event the day after Christmas
check your guild people and friends to help you next time when you are unable to do something. like...when you are somehow cant play as usual. you cant develop this network in a night doe. tbh i thought some will tell you about it, being a 12k+ player and quite a helper when someone asks. Also, it was said on the forum and it is not related to hunting, just roaming around the map and reading npc dialogues.
another oo o aa aaa. travesty of logic. Spoiling is like our member(Demon) did, telling it to everyone and stuff. Helping a friend is like i told jobey; because he was busy, and contributes to pwo a lot (you even need to hit with a rock to his head if you wanna gift something to him). I didnt told darren for example cos he was there, and no any other. This is a thin line you can abuse with sarcasm anyway
Basically a Hide & Seek mini event.
Retunr to your 3rd argument, you have lost it beforethe second day actually starts, not even close to your coming. SO, bunch of giving hints at first time makes sense cos hide and seek wont last one week(assuming hints were not there). (i thought everybody get that berries but doesnt change the argument)

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
ööö üü. Just two weeks or so ago, we found secret stuff afterreading forum post and following italics. Now an npc said if he could get between some trees(path between trees). and and it is said forum "Though do remember to use /ref, sometimes it acts weird." (possibly a different map) . "town where her and her husband 'Nicolas' reside."(where is nicolas??) Man, we even walk between some trees, just vernecular. think isguros think

oo aa aaaa. solution: next time we will have game codes as revelations

check your guild people and friends to help you next time when you are unable to do something. like...when you are somehow cant play as usual. you cant develop this network in a night doe. tbh i thought some will tell you about it, being a 12k+ player and quite a helper when someone asks. Also, it was said on the forum and it is not related to hunting, just roaming around the map and reading npc dialogues.

another oo o aa aaa. travesty of logic. Spoiling is like our member(Demon) did, telling it to everyone and stuff. Helping a friend is like i told jobey; because he was busy, and contributes to pwo a lot (you even need to hit with a rock to his head if you wanna gift something to him). I didnt told darren for example cos he was there, and no any other. This is a thin line you can abuse with sarcasm anyway

Retunr to your 3rd argument, you have lost it beforethe second day actually starts, not even close to your coming. SO, bunch of giving hints at first time makes sense cos hide and seek wont last one week(assuming hints were not there). (i thought everybody get that berries but doesnt change the argument)
That was a better defending than Sergio Ramos and Virgil Van Dijk combined. Just excuse Guros, I know how it feels to be a teacher for students who are 2000s born grin. EZ

Isguros

Youngster
That post was a nice touch: it was on the forum for everyone to see, the change in font style was easy to notice, and it even mentioned the wishing well in the message. that made sense. But saying that having to use /ref is proof of a different map, and misinterpreting a random NPC that wants to go down south as evidence that you need to go to the left... that's madness. And I don't believe the Nostalgic Man is Nicolas, because he's not called Nicolas, he doesn't live in in NorthBell with his supposed wife. If you still believe that they are one and the same, it means that the optional favor was keeping his location quiet, so it's fine to spread it around.

Klay

Youngster
giphy.gif

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Solid argument. As solid as a shattered shellder shell that can't be smashed anymore.