What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

AsianKid

Youngster
There's no information about how long does the berry trees grow back, or what will planting the berry in safari does.

The "Berries" section of the Kanto/Johto Safari Zone has been updated to provide an explanation of the berry tree system.

Also the search box in wiki is case sensitive after a space.
For example: if I want to search for "Focus Blast",
typing focus b will not shows the hinted result,
but focus B or Focus B works

Case sensitivity has always been a major gripe of mine in regard to the feasibility of the Wiki. As it stands, I have no knowledge on how to tackle this issue other than creating a new Wiki page (e.g. "Focus blast") and then redirecting it to the respective Wiki page ("Focus Blast"). That would be a tedious workaround, so I would prefer waiting for a more practical, systematic solution. Someone more attuned to the MediaWiki platform can elaborate more on this topic. The one redeeming aspect is if you enter a lower-cased query ("focus blast"), it will still take you to the Wiki page.

Thank you for your suggestion. The Wiki team is always looking for ways to improve; community input is both crucial and greatly appreciated.

AsianKid

Youngster
Howdy folks, long time no big blob of text from me. (I know you've missed my hodge-podge of information.) It has been almost exactly 11 months since the last A-OK update on the Wiki, so in light of the new year to come, here is a summary of improvements since then:

• Gen 1-4 Pokémon pages have all been updated aside from "External Links" which I'll soon go back and tediously do sometime.
  • Redirected all Abilities and some items to make it easier for future edits (e.g. [[Intimidate]] instead of [[Abilities#Intimidate]]). More importantly, for users, Abilities/items will pop up as a recommended search query. Still working on certain items whose release information has been largely undocumented or available to the public.
  • Created pages for Pokémon with multiple distinct forms (Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, Wormadam, Rotom).
  • Documented official events/quests: Random Battle Tournament 2022, Amulet Coin Mini Quest, Blueshell Bay
  • Updated item/TM/tutor pages introduced in events (Sandstorm, Dragon Tail, Amulet Coin, Assault Vest, Heat Rock, Dragon Gem, Giga Drain tutor, Draco Meteor tutor). I dislike how long it takes for the Move Tutor list to load..
  • Updated most Location pages (during my time on "cloudchaser") - spawns, NPC levels, points of interest, formatting, etc. Can definitely still be improved upon.
  • Created an official Elite 4 page with details on their Pokémon (including the Mysterious Challenger).
  • Added accurate Mart items to cities with them.

In about a year and four months, I've made 2,690 total edits (1,281 made in this 11-month period). To be frank, I bet half the edits were me correcting my own mistakes or adding a single piece of punctuation. Regardless, I don't even want to know how much time I've spent on the Wiki. I only say this to support the claim that I've continued my tireless efforts to "make the Wiki great for once". Some may see this as a crazy obsession, but sometimes that's what it takes to be great. To take something to the next level and push for something past mediocrity, you're gonna have a few screws loose. But I digress, I'm getting all rambly again. Apologies - I'm coming off a long editing session, and having finished Gen 3 & 4 in a span of a few weeks has finally taken its toll.

After New Year's, my sights will be on the rigorous Gen 5 Pokémon and then I may even consider simply adding Gen 6 into the picture in preparation for the future-future. Of course, I'll still do my best to document official events and fix random eye sores. All in all, let's remember that the Wiki is the cumulative effort of the Community and not just one individual. I may be the most prominent Wiki editor at this point in time, but my efforts would be nigh impossible without the groundwork laid by past editors. As a forecast of the Wiki going into 2023: It's gonna be great.

AK~

Klay

Youngster
The TM rewards are wrong on the wiki (for example, the TM Toxic page states it's a reward for completing Fuchsia Gym, while it is TM Shadow Ball)
Am working on it to get a list for both regions

Klay

Youngster
Kanto Gym Rewards:
1: Pewter City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Rock Tomb
2: Cerulean City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Psyshock
3: Vermillion City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Thunder Wave
4: Celadon City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Grass Knot
5: Fuchsia City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Shadow Ball
6: Saffron City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Psychic
7: Cinnabar City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Will-O-Wisp
8: Viridian City's Gym: no reward (might be bugged, waiting for a fix)

Johto Gym Rewards:
1: Violet City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Aerial Ace
2: Azalea Town's Gym: Escape Rope + TM X-scissor
3: Goldenrod City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Swagger
4: Ecruteak City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Shadow Ball
5: Cianwood City's Gym: no reward (might be bugged, waiting for a fix)
6: Olivine City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Flash Cannon
7: Mahogany Town's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Ice Beam
8: Blackthorn City's Gym: Escape Rope + TM Dragon Claw

Last edited:

AsianKid

Youngster
Howdy folks, it's time for my annual Wiki update!
I have made 543 edits this past year which brings my career total to 3,233 edits. Phew. While a substantial decrease in edits compared to last year (1,281), these edits are meaningful in making the Wiki more holistic. If you remember almost two years ago I said:

I believe the one main thing that's not within my expertise to pursue is…the endless list of egg moves...that's just not in the cards for the Wiki from my point of view.

I’m (not) excited to begin adding egg moves to all Pokémon pages. As of recent, I’ve taken on further responsibilities here and beyond—AsianAdult, sad. Thus, will have less time to do much of the “grunt work” like before. Nevertheless, I will guarantee do all the official stuff as they are introduced. Regarding Sevii, I’ll discuss with Staff to see what can/will be revealed upon release. We all like surprises, right?

All in all, 2024 will be as fun to experience as will be a nightmare to implement. So happy holidays and cheers to making the Wiki great!

Til next year,
AK~

Degesinho

Youngster
Website
www.twitch.tv
Hola amigos, ¡es hora de mi actualización anual de Wiki!
Hice 543 ediciones el año pasado, lo que eleva el total de mi carrera a 3233 ediciones. Uf. Si bien se trata de una disminución sustancial en las ediciones en comparación con el año pasado (1281), estas ediciones son significativas para hacer que el Wiki sea más holístico. Si recuerdas hace casi dos años dije:

(No) estoy emocionado de comenzar a agregar movimientos de huevos a todas las páginas de Pokémon. Recientemente, he asumido más responsabilidades aquí y más allá: AsianAdult, triste. Por lo tanto, tendrán menos tiempo para hacer gran parte del “trabajo duro” como antes. Sin embargo, garantizaré hacer todas las cosas oficiales a medida que se presenten. Con respecto a Sevii, hablaré con el personal para ver qué se puede revelar o se revelará tras el lanzamiento. A todos nos gustan las sorpresas, ¿verdad?

En definitiva, 2024 será tan divertido de vivir como una pesadilla de implementar. ¡Felices fiestas y ánimos por hacer que Wiki sea genial!

Hasta el año que viene,
Y ~
THANKS FOR ALL. AK. You're awesome. Best of wishes for 2024