Website Feedback

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hello all

Our current website has been updated with a slightly modified design and is now responsive. As of this time, we're not making this update officially live as we want feedback on what content you'll like to see displayed and any concerning areas in term of the updated design. It may help to include details of your operating system, browser version and a screenshot.

AKTuJ7K.png
We're aware that for a number of users due to their browser version (IE6), the website will not appear correctly altogether. Its currently being considered whether we 'fix' the site to work with these browsers.

You can access the updated website from http://pokemon-world-online.net/new/index.php.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Testing on latest Seamonkey (2.26; equivalent to Firefox 29).

I like how the new headers stand out more and make it clearer how site content is divided up. I also like how the new site fully adapts to the browser's resolution - instead of having a mostly fixed width like the old site - and compacting the menu into a drop-down style for smaller screens is genius.

However, it bothers me that on my laptop's 1366x768 screen resolution, although the new site has a slightly wider profile and the logo and fonts are smaller than the old layout, the actual page content is fractionally LOWER than the old site. While I used to be able to see one line of text below the large banner on the Homepage and The Game pages on the old site before having to scroll down to read more, with the new site and my browser fully maximised, I see no text at all. This seems off-putting as you'd expect a wider layout that utilises more space than before would make MORE content visible early on.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Jinji said:
However, it bothers me that on my laptop's 1366x768 screen resolution, although the new site has a slightly wider profile and the logo and fonts are smaller than the old layout, the actual page content is fractionally LOWER than the old site. While I used to be able to see one line of text below the large banner on the Homepage and The Game pages on the old site before having to scroll down to read more, with the new site and my browser fully maximised, I see no text at all. This seems off-putting as you'd expect a wider layout that utilises more space than before would make MORE content visible early on.
Is this still the case for the current site even when the site notice is displayed?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Bluerise said:
Jinji said:
Is this still the case for the current site even when the site notice is displayed?
Nope, now that I look at both sites again and see there's now a Site Notice on both. The new site IS actually showing the content higher up; I'd simply forgot to factor in the size of the notice when making my earlier comparison.

Binzachi

I don't know if I'm supposed to post in here because nobody else has, but the site said to post here with opinions about the updated site.

I'm using Windows 7, Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m and my resolution is 1280x1024 and I think the updated site looks great just the way it is.

nemo55

Hi,

I like the Mobile Site better, headers are more clear, everything is a little wider and it seems the background of the Kanto and Johto region is more HD! The only thing that bugs me is the "Site Notice" in the new website. I feel it needs to be more clear and bold. A minor fix but that is all...

OR I'd suggest playing around with different fonts too...and give samples to us! :D