User already in system message

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
While reading the forums I see "Player support, new players guide", and it has a section about the "User already in System" error. And it says "At this point we don't have a full understanding of why it happens. " I'll lend my knowledge to this topic in hopes it helps resolve this error.

It happens to me every few hours and I know why, more or less. I am trying to set a nice high record in battle tower for most consecutive wins, so I play in there for hours. During runs my internet cuts out for a few seconds while I am trying to attack. I get the message on screen telling me to wait and it won't accept inputs of any kind. Most times I cannot even chat after getting my net back. Sometimes I can. Shortly after this my client closes and ruins my run and makes me start from 0 wins. Frustrating. I've never had to have the server reset to regain my account, I just needed patience.

So I am guessing that the client falls out of sync with the server during this time, and the client and server are not built to handle these kinds of disconnects. The server ends up thinking I am still logged in, and my client is at the log in screen. Sometimes I can log back in right away, sometimes I have to wait 5 minutes for the server to boot my account due to inactivity.

I'd like to recommend adding a line or 2 to the solution section of that new players guide that addresses this problem stating "this problem may resolve itself in about 7 minutes after the server boots the account due to inactivity".

Personally, I'd love to see a client/ server update that could take care of this problem. (Or get better internet so I can set my record)

whisMEAT

Youngster
Though less frustruting i observed similar issie .same,when conncetion bad and disconnect

Isguros

Youngster
As Fonty has mentioned in his original post: it's an incomprehensible glitch, so I doubt it's as straightforward as you make it out to be in this interpretation of it. In addition there never was a mention of having to have been disconnected from the game beforehand, another reason why I don't believe the two of you are describing the same issue.
As for updating the post in question: I don't feel like it is necessary. It's a forum post that's more than seven years old; things change (even though some won't want to admit it) and the forums shouldn't be the place where you'd go to search for (regularly updated) guides like these (anymore).
However, I don't feel that that thread should be pinned in the condition it is in anymore.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Generally yes, if you're getting the error - its because you're still logged into the server and usually it will clear when the server thinks you're AFK and the AFK kick happens (hence why its a bit iffy suggesting an increase to the AFK timer).

Though it doesn't always clear and I don't believe the game getting out of sync is behind it all of the time.