Update on Client Permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliorpv

in a few weeks, do u guys will know a new pokemon game... :) If the PWO really ends, somebody on the staff msg me for details, and if possible, i tell here about this new game.
thank you

Portgas.D.Ace

Why do you keep mentioning Xan? You really expect he will answer? He might but chances are low....would be good if he as developer updates PWO as he updated other projects of his. If we imagine that this is not about money then there would be more interaction with him and rest of community. Look how other projects of Xan are updated,PWO is years behind.... PWO can remove donation button, there is enough money donated to pay lifetime hosting for PWO and other games of Xanatus. Then again, he have admins servants to talk in his name. Can't say no one ever received charity from him but I am going to keep that for myself only.... Direction PWO is now going is pointless. You can recover and get new client but what you get? New period with no updates. Never ending loop....

TheConqueror

You know that old client would change everything? the new iv system and other new updates..everything gone, so it'd be pointless to run old client :p. So better is to wait. In My Opinion.

The-Predator

Youngster
Hey ted, cant u get it? These kids just want their broken game to be back on, they dont care whether it is updated or not, they just want to be walking around the same maps, they dont even care about privacy, they be like "this is childish, let em read our pms, just put the game back on", these community is what has taken us to nowhere, they are comformist guys that complain even when downtime is needed, they just want to play, most of em dont even know who's Xan, whos Shane, who's blue, they havent even read the post properly, they are complaining about game being off and saying **** my privacy put the game back on, ignoring that privacy stuff is not the only thing involved here, WE DONT HAVE A CLIENT TO PLAY AND SOME MAINTANCE/MODIFICATIONS ARE BEING APPLIED TO PDEX, it is clearly stated yet they are blind, comformist and selfish people, do not blame Shane, do not blame the staff members, blame that "comformist community" that is not even able to read properly nor they care whats going on.

On the other side, I dont know who to trust anymore and not complaining, but my own friends keep bugging me for saying what I think, they want me to think the way they do, just because, without explaining me stuff, and not even mention our staff, they hide things from us and never fully explain whats going on, this is a game where I have been for years and i feel somehow attached to it, no matter how much i complain about it, im still here and i think i will be, just hope this can be solved with maturity, do ur best staff members

Tha-Kram

!WARNING - Wall of Text!

I have played quite a few games, and never really thought of the privacy issue
I know other games do it, but they most likely put it somewhere in their privacy statement, I don't really care about it anyway (am I a conformist now?)
but the fact that this game doesn't have this "staff can read your PM" stated in the privacy agreement is wrong, and I understand that other people have a problem with it
the real issue is that there are some immature staff members among them that may abuse certain powers
idk the whole story about that, but I heard it happened...
that doesn't mean you can blame the whole staff for that, even though some people do :S

then Shane...
I remember a statement on the forums that he left to join the army
now he comes back and expects that everything is the same, or at least updated conform to his ideas
it's not and apparently he can't deal with the fact that not everyone thinks the same as he does
for every pro you can find a con, the current staff did make a balance before they decided to implement it
if you don't agree you should talk about it, working your own way around it without any communication doesn't work
you're no longer in the army and the staff members are not soldiers that will obey every command you say
trying to force your way upon other people only causes friction and that only makes things worse

now this thing has gone way out of hand, due to Shane not wanting to accept the other staff ideas and the staff for hiding updates Shane is not aware of
but the staff members hardly play the game, so removing it basically hurts the players only
not sure if that is the intention, or that he wants to start a riot against the current staff members
that would be rather weak, abusing the players to get back at some staff members >.>

I know, I'm one of those beliebers that thinks the staff didn't intentional try to hurt Shane with the updates but that Shane took it all too personal and got offended by it
completely offtopic:
there are 2 colors ingame, RED and BLUE
can't we make those related to "Shane" and "Staff" camps?

knotzl02

Stuggling to find worlds for this...

Tha-Kram said:
(Shane...) can't deal with the fact that not everyone thinks the same as he does
Hmm, you said yourself you do not know the whole story... Have you ever talked to Shane? No. Then why do you assume, that Shane "can't deal with the fact that not everyone thinks the same as he does". Why do you assume that he wanted other staff members to "obey"? Who told you that bs...

Tha-Kram said:
[...]but the staff members hardly play the game, so removing it basically hurts the players only
not sure if that is the intention, or that he wants to start a riot against the current staff members
that would be rather weak, abusing the players to get back at some staff members >.>
LOL, so you think he doesn't want his client to be used, so that staff members can't play this game? Did I understand this correctly??
Seriously... you can't run an illeagal game...
There might have been also other reasons, as pointed put in the posts before, but apparently you know nothing about it.. Did you even try to read the above posts?

I myself can understand Shane just too well. It's his client. He made it, and if he doesn't want to have it used, it's perfectly ok.

Tha-Kram said:
I know, I'm one of those beliebers that thinks the staff didn't intentional try to hurt Shane with the updates but that Shane took it all too personal and got offended by it
Just.... rofl.... how were some things NOT meant personally...

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
knotzl02 said:
Stuggling to find worlds for this...

Tha-Kram said:
(Shane...) can't deal with the fact that not everyone thinks the same as he does
Hmm, you said yourself you do not know the whole story... Have you ever talked to Shane? No. Then why do you assume, that Shane "can't deal with the fact that not everyone thinks the same as he does". Why do you assume that he wanted other staff members to "obey"? Who told you that bs...

Tha-Kram said:
[...]but the staff members hardly play the game, so removing it basically hurts the players only
LOL, so you think he doesn't want his client to be used, so that staff members can't play this game? Did I understand this correctly??
Seriously... you can't run an illeagal game...
There might have been also other reasons, as pointed put in the posts before, but apparently you know nothing about it.. Did you even try to read the above posts?

I myself can understand Shane just too well. It's his client. He made it, and if he doesn't want to have it used, it's perfectly ok.

Tha-Kram said:
Just.... rofl.... how were some things NOT meant personally...

Both sides, Shane and staff, can't be defended no matter how much more wrong one side was than the other. Nor does hearing both sides' story going to change anything. What needs to be done is for both sides to toss aside their differences and sort things out for the good of the community over their own personal motives. This means people need to mature and stop being mad and blaming each other like little kids. That behavior is in appropriate if on is to run a game like pwo

Reechan

Hi everyone, sorry for my english, it's too bad.
I'm so sad for server down, we can't play yet.
someone can say some news?
If we need new client, where we can found it, if our time play will delete.
And for membership player what happen?
I'm really sad :((

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Reechan said:
Hi everyone, sorry for my english, it's too bad.
I'm so sad for server down, we can't play yet.
someone can say some news?
If we need new client, where we can found it, if our time play will delete.
And for membership player what happen?
I'm really sad :((

As of right now there is not a new client for you to download: From what I have understood our game accounts and playtime will not be deleted, and the Membership will be extended for the downtime period.

As far as needing a new client I believe something is in the works for this solution.

Thanks for your patience and more info will be given in time.

Portgas.D.Ace

Those where days

wjcR8As.png

knotzl02

Portgas.D.Ace said:
Those where days

Don't remind us :'(

But wells... it's muuuuch better for Shane to be away from this all... So I'm happy :))

Nikola

Youngster
Your number one enemy is time. No matter who will win, PWO will be different, on better or on worse it's hard it's too soon to talk about that now. What is gone it's gone, can't get it back...ask yourself what you still have left! Is it worthy or not..simply evaluate. IMO, you have to do decision on your own now. Can't put the blame on anyone like that. Asking shane to come back or trying to speed up current staff is asking them to do decision for you. You have to decide what you have left and if it's worthy to leave or stay.

Sabo

Banned
Darcia said:
Your number one enemy is time. No matter who will win, PWO will be different, on better or on worse it's hard it's too soon to talk about that now. What is gone it's gone, can't get it back...ask yourself what you still have left! Is it worthy or not..simply evaluate. IMO, you have to do decision on your own now. Can't put the blame on anyone like that. Asking shane to come back or trying to speed up current staff is asking them to do decision for you. You have to decide what you have left and if it's worthy to leave or stay.
Indeed,game will change for sure.It's up to current PWO staff if game will change on better or worse.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
It could be said it pretty much is the last chance. PWO is at a point where promises are useless, you either deliver or fail, there's no in-between... just like there won't be many players willing to give another chance if your next move backfires. There won't be another shot at an attempt of redemption

Tobias01

The days are passing, no news
many are considering whether they should continue waiting. Could reach a partial agreement to put the game going and not lose more players.

The-Predator

Youngster
nickcrauler3 said:
many are considering whether they should continue waiting. Could reach a partial agreement to put the game going and not lose more players.

You seem not to understand what the current situation is, they are not thinking if they should put the game back on, They are not allowed to use Shane´s Client anymore, So a new client needs to be made in order to put the game back online, It could take weeks, even months, so if people just dont want to wait, then I guess they can leave

Tobias01

WishMaster said:
nickcrauler3 said:

You seem not to understand what the current situation is, they are not thinking if they should put the game back on, They are not allowed to use Shane´s Client anymore, So a new client needs to be made in order to put the game back online, It could take weeks, even months, so if people just dont want to wait, then I guess they can leave

Really I understand, is that there is a way out of this, only a temporary arrangement while the final solution is given and both sides should do this.
If you really will not be used but the former client, should not deceive us more and give a statement.
The new customer is developing several months not including the time of testing, which I think is not feasible to keep players.
The development of new client while the old client is off old IS NOT A SOLUTION

Saric

Youngster
nickcrauler3 said:
WishMaster said:
nickcrauler3 said:

Really I understand, is that there is a way out of this, only a temporary arrangement while the final solution is given and both sides should do this.
If you really will not be used but the former client, should not deceive us more and give a statement.
The new customer is developing several months not including the time of testing, which I think is not feasible to keep players.
The development of new client while the old client is off old IS NOT A SOLUTION
Excuse me?

How do you expect to play the game without a client?

The game is being kept down and the client out of use to comply with shane's wishes.

The new client has also not been in constant development for months. Development was stopped on it for a time and was only recently brought back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.