Trade Evo NPC

Isguros

Youngster
First you want to stop annoying automatic NPC rematches, and now you want an NPC to help people progress in the game without having to rely on other players... Stop making convenient and reasonable suggestions! :O

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
First you want to stop annoying automatic NPC rematches, and now you want an NPC to help people progress in the game without having to rely on other players... Stop making convenient and reasonable suggestions! :O
May as well stop making them, the more convenient the suggestion, the more likely it is to be ignored :(
XD

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
...And remove one of the points of PWO being an MMO?
Not saying remove trade evo between players, just saying add an NPC so people can trade Evo when little to nobody else is online. Heck even make the NPC charge a fee so the preferable option is to trade with a player if you can.

Klay

Youngster

If such NPC existed back in 2015, I'd never bother talk in chat and would more likely leave the game after beating all gyms (or before)
And if it's implemented, it'd be like playing a ROM with a bad version of the Discord chat ingame to me

Thanks for trying to find ways to make PWO great again, but you're better at event-hosting Jobey

edit: boo boo ROMs are bad, go buy official games insteadd on't ban me staff

Isguros

Youngster
Did you give the same response when they made the Wiki, or the Playerdex, or when they added hints, or when they implemented PMs, or every time they add an NPC that gives you directions, etc.?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Did you give the same response when they made the Wiki, or the Playerdex, or when they added hints, or when they implemented PMs, or every time they add an NPC that gives you directions, etc.?
Please explain how any of those features directly detract from PWO being an MMO. I can argue in favour of every single one of them.

The point I was making is, an MMO is supposed to be multiplayer; and the idea of trading is that it is an exchange between two people. Offering a way to perform trades without human interaction is precisely against the point.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Now, having said all of the above, official Pokémon games do in fact feature NPC trades, where Pokémon that are particularly difficult to find in the wild can be obtained from NPCs for a specific other Pokémon. I would not be against us implementing one-time trades like these in PWO too, but this then leads to another issue: As far as I'm aware, PWO offers no facility for "scripted" trades; and simply taking one Pokémon and giving another wouldn't trigger a trade evolution, so we'd need to figure out if there's another method.

Isguros

Youngster
  • NPCs and the Wiki (and the hints (R.I.P.)) are a source for information that make it so that you won't have to ask other players to guide you as often.
  • PMs make it so you can exclude the majority of the server from your conversation.
  • The Playerdex sole purpose is pretty much to bypass communication entirely: You can look at others' achievements without having to speak to them, you can buy and sell Pokemon and items without having to utter a single word
Has any of those features made it so that PWO isn't as much of an MMO as it should have been, or did they expand the game, and made easier and more enjoyable for everyone involved?

Isguros

Youngster
That the mentioned features do not detract from PWO as an MMO. But you've now taken this very off-topic.
It's not off-topic, cause the suggestion is about such a feature as well; one that, even though it doesn't necessarily promote communication, makes progressing in the game easier and is more convenient for everyone.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
It's not off-topic, cause the suggestion is about such a feature as well; one that, even though it doesn't necessarily promote communication, makes progressing in the game easier and is more convenient for everyone.

In any case, I refer back to what I said above:
Now, having said all of the above, official Pokémon games do in fact feature NPC trades, where Pokémon that are particularly difficult to find in the wild can be obtained from NPCs for a specific other Pokémon. I would not be against us implementing one-time trades like these in PWO too, but this then leads to another issue: As far as I'm aware, PWO offers no facility for "scripted" trades; and simply taking one Pokémon and giving another wouldn't trigger a trade evolution, so we'd need to figure out if there's another method.

Isguros

Youngster
Don't go off topic: if you are making a new suggestion, please do so in a new thread :)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Okay, pray tell - how do you propose an NPC would be able to trigger trade evolution without, you know, actually trading?

Isguros

Youngster
You talk to them, they'll ask you which Pokemon you would like to evolve "through trading", you click on the Pokemon, and poof.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
So your suggestion is that it basically bypasses trading entirely by "forcing" the evolution?

Isguros

Youngster
There's a miniscule chance that I completely misinterpreted the original post, but yeah; I think that was the general idea.