Tooltip pokemon moves

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
When deciding which moves I want as a pokemon levels up I have to keep going off to various websites to see what the moves do and come back to the game to choose if I want to keep it or not. A tooltip in game telling me what the moves do would prevent many trips back and forth and make for a more enjoyable gaming experience.

This could also apply to the playerdex, though it is much less urgent there it would still be an appreciated tool.

whisMEAT

Youngster
Are u suggesting definitions from hand held games or more pwo-integrated stuff. Im asking just to specify . Second may be more useful since some doesnt work and we ow "mostly" ge mn 5;but need extra stuff to write/edit. First will be easier. Nice idea overall

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Whispie raises a good point. I may be wrong in saying this, but I don't believe at this present time, PWO even has any descriptions for moves in its data; and were we to implement some, we'd definitely need to think about where or how we source the move descriptions (of course, if we only wanted to give the raw stats, that would be far easier...). Having said all this, I'd be lying if I said I had not myself suggested this very idea before as well - along with item tooltips.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Since PWO is an ongoing project, anything that moves the project forward even a little is a nice step. Just getting a system in place to be able to do this is a lot of work in and of itself, but completely worthwhile. Even if we only had the most basic of data such as attack power, accuracy, and PP, the system would be in place so it could be moved into a more advanced state that could potentially include move effects at a later date.