TM's/HM's

Skittlz

So I hope I'm not posting in the wrong area or saying something someone else has already suggested, but I had an idea. I know adding actually TM's/HM's is probably out of the question, but would it be possible to have tm's be able to be purchased via the playerdex using pokemoney, kinda like when editing moves?

I know it'd take some work, but if it was possible that would be pretty awesome! Being like 30k to buy Thunderbolt for a Pokemon, and 50k for earthquake or something(maybe more, maybe less, idk how easy it is to come across pokemoney later on in the game). Yea you'd have to add like actual lists for each pokemon what tm's they can learn and which ones they can't, but it'd make a lot of pokemon way better in the long run! Like all water pokemon being able to use surf (not outside of battle, just inside) would be cool, teaching Thunderbolt to all those electric types that can't learn it, etc. There can even be a feature to where there's a discount for each move for being a member, promoting donations!

I just thought this up while trying to think up a fourth move for some of my pokemon, and not being able to think of anything. What do you guys think? Lame or no?

Dr.brock

then you make the game nothing for starters or who have less money.
Because who are rich will buy Powerful Move for each poke at any level, while poors can't buy so, there will be unequality.

Buying TM/HM should be different, so that there won't be gap b/w who have and who have not.
Something which can't be traded, something which can only by obtained by one source, may be introduce TM/HM dropping from killing certain pokemon, or they drop some items with which we can buy TM/HMs, but these couldn't be traded, so that a player has to work himself to get TM/HMs, and anyone on PWO could do it.
Buying it via pokemoney, doesn't seems to be a good idea to me, while u r giving more advantage to MS people, that is again rich people. :D
I don't know why people don't think for equality. Ok for MS some discount or easy obtain can be done, becuase they gave real money for that.
But via pokemoney, shouldn't be there to buy those.

root

I believe there should not be any HMs in this game. Its a MMOG therefore there is no need to cut down trees and do all that other HM stuff. Having the moves as fighting moves, sure I am okay with that Surf, Flash, ect. But not to be used outside of battle. I like the way Surf works right now, it does not need a pokemon to learn it, it just an item in your bag. Flying would be difficult doing it this way.

As for TMs I would love to see them in game, but they should only be accessible once the pokemon reaches lvl 99. Think of it as if a pokemon needs lvl 99 to learn Tackle. Now certain pokemon learn up to 3 moves at a certain level, e.g. Castform. Maybe once a pokemon reaches lvl 99 it can learn all of its TM moves. And the only way to get them is from the Pokedex. Raising the prices of the moves would have to be needed.