ThuGie's Dev Log

Professor.Oak

Not sure if this is Server side, but how about being able to "Jump" down ledges with an animation, not just placed on the other side :) Just wondering.

Hardcoreh

Professor.Oak said:
Not sure if this is Server side, but how about being able to "Jump" down ledges with an animation, not just placed on the other side :) Just wondering.
That's also client side, since the client handles the animations.

Tha-Kram

there are 2 minor glitches that can be pretty annoying sometimes

- when surfing next to the coast line, you get wiped of your board
this also happens when you're next to boulders in the ocean, which means you can't stand on them but the game says you're still surfing

- when you get into battle, you still move around during the intro (i think, could also be during battle)
when the battle is finished you move 1 square, which is annoying when you're surfing and get wiped of your board
or on those maps you move 1 down and jump over a ledge and have to go all the way around to get back

idk if those issues are client related, but now i think of it, it's been there since you some1 updated the stand still and turn your head around
used to be 1 arrow = move 1 square right away

risefromruins

Youngster
Tha_Kram said:
- when you get into battle, you still move around during the intro (i think, could also be during battle)
when the battle is finished you move 1 square, which is annoying when you're surfing and get wiped of your board
or on those maps you move 1 down and jump over a ledge and have to go all the way around to get back

Use /ref every now and then and this won't happen.

Tha-Kram

too bad it doesn't work that way
the moving glitch has something to do by moving during a battle, not with the regular glitches where you can use /ref

same with surfing, you just stand on the water without a board but the system says you're still surfing
/ref doesn't help, since you can't climb on the rock

MatrixJ21

Well, could you make say how long you must wait until you can rebattle a gym leader you lost to?

Stank

Youngster
you could just look at a clock when you lost and mark down the time.....its not that hard

Professor.Oak

Theres usually always downtime to throw off that time, didn't there used to be something in the Playerdex that would tell how much time was left for each NPC?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Professor.Oak said:
Theres usually always downtime to throw off that time, didn't there used to be something in the Playerdex that would tell how much time was left for each NPC?
The Phonebook.

Mangos

Any way to code something to auto restart the server every hour and a half or so? Just wondering cuz it seems like every night after about 10 est its down. Maybe if it could restart itself idk.. jw

Hardcoreh

Mangos said:
Any way to code something to auto restart the server every hour and a half or so? Just wondering cuz it seems like every night after about 10 est its down. Maybe if it could restart itself idk.. jw
It is possible to automatically restart it when it crashes and dump any errors to a log file with a timestamp, but then again it shouldn't even crash in the first place.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hardcoreh said:
Mangos said:
It is possible to automatically restart it when it crashes and dump any errors to a log file with a timestamp, but then again it shouldn't even crash in the first place.

Yes it is indeed posible,
But since we run it in a debug mode that allows us to see what line and what code is causing the problem.
It would be useless to ignore that info and let it be restarted by a application.

Hardcoreh

ThuGie said:
Hardcoreh said:
Mangos said:

Yes it is indeed posible,
But since we run it in a debug mode that allows us to see what line and what code is causing the problem.
It would be useless to ignore that info and let it be restarted by a application.
You could make a debugging system yourself and dump out all the nessesary information to a log file (class/function name and exception messages for example). This way you are not depending on the debug mode and have more functionality (rebooting the server for example).

When it crashes you could then debug that function (from the log file) and see what's wrong.

Merse

Youngster
Err.... I'm nut sure if I understand oyu correctly, but writing a debugging system is the Holy Grail of every developer. I don't think it is possible to write such a program.

One more thing: PWO is constantly running in debug mode? Pretty impressive performance then :)

Hardcoreh

Merse said:
Err.... I'm nut sure if I understand oyu correctly, but writing a debugging system is the Holy Grail of every developer. I don't think it is possible to write such a program.

One more thing: PWO is constantly running in debug mode? Pretty impressive performance then :)
The message was directed to ThuGie as a suggestion, so it doesn't really matter if you understand it since I don't think you program anyways. What I meant was just keeping track of what goes wrong and where to look for. As for the performance I agree, it would be better to let in run normally.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Well yes what you suggest is posible i could create a crash dump.
But still i rather just have a direct look at the code and posibly put up a patch directly.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
ThuGie said:
*Fix -exp should be not that hard..
I want to know what you try fix: negative exp after evolutions and negative exp need to rise level for 4th Pokemons? Or just 1 of 2 -exp problems?