Those NPCs Won't Give Up!

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I was actually being being serious. In a conversation with a staff member, in which they brought up the existence of a command which turns off auto-rematches, they said they had discussed it with the staff team, and decided to not make it available because they decided the player base would not want such a feature since they believed most of us use NPCs for training.
Yeah, I know the reason was serious, but your response was more of sarcasm than being against the suggestion was what I meant. :)

gingerprimarina

Youngster
It will likely be easier to implement what the staff member suggested Isguros or a toggle button that Sweet suggested, which disables matches with NPCs in the same way we disable battle and trade requests, etc.

Sweetboi

Youngster
Cleveland has point. I mean my suggestions are to make NPC rematches a choice instead of having them forced upon you. At least for some of the uneeded battles like above Goldenrod and nugget bridge. Of course there's have to be rules or conditions. Because new players shouldn't have to skip fresh battles but also you shouldn't have to fight battles that won't benefit your training.

So maybe an option/setting or an item that's available later in-game could be something to consider. That way highly experienced trainers can choose to skip the rematches they don't want. Maybe it sounds a little complex...

But maybe at point where a player reaches the Elite 4 or Mt Silver or even a department store city. They can find an NPC that will unlock an item or an in-game/playerdex setting where a player can decided to enable/disable rematch NPC battles. If you can see where I'm trying to go with this.