The Road to Hoenn and beyond.

when is going to be implemented hoenn ?... because it tooks around 4 years to make 2 regions (2008-2012) and hoenn how is it?

Rigaudon

Youngster
260891 said:
when is going to be implemented hoenn ?... because it tooks around 4 years to make 2 regions (2008-2012) and hoenn how is it?

Serious changes toward making Hoenn possible began last year. We have a new mapping system that makes Hoenn in its full form possible, but as noted in the first post of this topic we aren't going to move on to the region until we've accomplished several other projects involving Kanto, Johto, and the Sevii Islands. This is to make Hoenn a generally smooth progress - region design, spawn design, and content we're doing now is all being based on introducing more regions in the future.

mad30

Youngster
An update on PWO's roadmap would be nice.

I suggest locking this one, unpinning and providing a few projects that pwo would like to focus on and an update on most recently finished projects and current ongoing projects.

Many companies will do these sorts of roadmap updates start of the year (calendar of fiscal)

Rigaudon

Youngster
mad30 said:
An update on PWO's roadmap would be nice.

I suggest locking this one, unpinning and providing a few projects that pwo would like to focus on and an update on most recently finished projects and current ongoing projects.

Many companies will do these sorts of roadmap updates start of the year (calendar of fiscal)

Roadmap is still nearly the same. The problem is many of Kanto/Johto's needs were somewhat extensive and hard to quantify as "done," hah.

We've had to leave this roadmap a bit vague to prevent people from making too many assumptions; it was also made during a time when people were actively looking for reasons to try and make us bleed, which is also why it's a bit vague.

Overall I would say we made a lot of progress with these projects in the time we've used so far, especially considering we discovered we would have to redo the foundation of several systems upon trying to work with them (incoming updates which needed updates to be possible). However, because of that, it's not quite enough to cross anything off this list yet even though we're close and made extensive progress.

*Spawn project: Nearly done (2 more blocks, but last block is going to need scripting work and potential map work. To be decided.)
*Progress Quests will have to be done probably after we discuss a storyline, but can be added at our discretion and won't hold up other major projects. We only NEED one, and it's almost done.
*TMs are almost done. I'm not personally looking to add more to kanto/johto but we're not against adding some extra quests either (see: roar quest)
*I'll be starting very focused inner-staff discussion on the Sevii Islands after we clean up some misc systems in Kanto/Johto (maybe some voucher price discussion, maybe something else. Hard to guarantee anything). Due to potential limitations we may be looking at Sevii before Victory Road, which would probably be the only real change to make on the list. As noted in some of my previous posts in this topic, we actually already have several ideas floating around, but they need to be organized and tackled.
----Sevii itself will be pretty extensive, as it's several quests spread over several areas which themselves need several spawns. Organizing this will be challenging and piecing it all together will likely take time.

I do not include specific DEV to-do lists on a public log as it can vary wildly and most all of what we need from them is equally important (and overly specific/"spoilery," if that makes sense). Normally when there's DEV work, if I am involved Donar will add it to his logs and I will note on my logs that I'm testing/organizing something for the DEV team.

I believe this should stay pinned, because it hasn't really changed.

bpbwessel

LeroyGarcia said:
Maybe this year we can see at least part one of hoenn?
That was in 2015.

Guess not Leroy... Maybe this year? Or perhaps Orange Islands??? Or Sinnoh?

Really need to see some new maps on PWO. Next time I see Kanto, it'll be on the 3DS rby re-re-release.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Website
www.youtube.com
Im looking forward to these new updates ::)t will bring more adventure to the game and give me more and more content towards my lets play series ::D I been playing PWO since 2010 :D

The-Predator

Youngster
2 years and 5 months since this topic was created, is this time not enough yet to introduce "the road to hoenn and beyond"?, how discussions are going about it?? Are maps ready to go live??, are you guys really planning to introduce hoenn or elite 4 after all this time??, if hoenn is not being introduced, which other permanent map could be placed instead?? In case of another map being in disscussion, is this being considered to be added anytime soon or planning to keep working on the 2 regions we have??

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The-Predator said:
2 years and 5 months since this topic was created, is this time not enough yet to introduce "the road to hoenn and beyond"?, how discussions are going about it?? Are maps ready to go live??, are you guys really planning to introduce hoenn or elite 4 after all this time??, if hoenn is not being introduced, which other permanent map could be placed instead?? In case of another map being in disscussion, is this being considered to be added anytime soon or planning to keep working on the 2 regions we have??

The current status is that we are working on changing the old custom programming language and putting in a more versatile one which will be easier and faster to use. This is great news for the future but for now it means literally every quest and NPC in the game need to be converted before the change can happen. Sevii Islands were already being created when this change was initiated but of course nothing new will be added now until the conversion is complete.

Sevii Islands and the completion of the Spawn Project- just Dragon's Den and Mt. Silver now- are still the first cabs off the rank when the new language has been integrated into PWO. But they do have to wait on that change, especially as both are likely to get NPC and quest updates along with the spawn changes.

Rigaudon

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
The-Predator said:

The current status is that we are working on changing the old custom programming language and putting in a more versatile one which will be easier and faster to use. This is great news for the future but for now it means literally every quest and NPC in the game need to be converted before the change can happen. Sevii Islands were already being created when this change was initiated but of course nothing new will be added now until the conversion is complete.

Sevii Islands and the completion of the Spawn Project- just Dragon's Den and Mt. Silver now- are still the first cabs off the rank when the new language has been integrated into PWO. But they do have to wait on that change, especially as both are likely to get NPC and quest updates along with the spawn changes.

Doubling up with Fonty.
This might help:
https://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=37932

Feel free to PM me if you have questions/concerns. I've also been slowly crossing things off the first post as they come up. I will probably need to hijack-edit this post with the NPC redo project if Fonty hasn't already/is OK with it.

Gattaca

For many years I have been waiting for this, and I still am. Hoenn holds a special place for me, since Ruby was my first Pokémon game.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
but as noted in the first post of this topic we aren't going to move on to the region until we've accomplished several other projects involving Kanto, Johto, and the Sevii Islands.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
If possible we hope to set it up so we can continue on with our current accounts into Hoenn, but without access to pokemon or items, so making a fresh start. Access to the full account (while in Hoenn) would not be allowed until reaching a certain undecided point there.

Towards that end, I would suggest that when we start a game we only have access to 12 boxes, and when we get a new region we get 12 more boxes. However, since it is a bit too late to implement such a thing, how about adding on an additional set of boxes to how many we already have and since they would be empty we can start Hoenn with all the other boxes locked while we are on those maps, and the new boxes will be locked while we are back in Kanto/ Johto. At least until we get the 8th Badge.

I'm not sure about the items bit though.

The-Predator

Youngster
I dont even know why this is open for disscussion, as you all can see not happening anytime soon nor later, most of the staff members involved are gone, Hardcoreh "new PWO client" never went live, it is sad to came and check after so much time a game that made me have the best hours of my life and made me know so many fantastic friends around the world, now coming to see all those promises of updates, new regions, new client, all were abandoned, and sadly see the game being barely alive with only 6 people online most of the time.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Certainly, a completely "new" client is not something we can look forward to any time soon (much to my own chagrin); since the effort it would require is simply far too substantial for one person - as we have seen through the many previous failed attempts - and we don't have the resources to dedicate time to this as well as develop the game content right now. That's not to say that updates can't be done to the existing client though; and indeed, there are updates being worked on as we speak, including a number of enhancements that will be necessary for planned content already in development.