Tecknical updates

Tendou

Teck can you make Smeargle learns all tms?

I know it cant learn tms but it will be like a compensation for the lack of sketch coding also both its atk and spatk bases are 20 so even the powerful tm is not that really powerful. I just wish a way for him to deal damage as staff did with delibird

Saric

Youngster
Quick question. Will you be implementing the various base stat changes that 6th gen brought into PWO anytime soon?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Shouldn't that be "Lady" Teck, being female? Or is there something we're missing here?

LordBelemuel

D: why is everyone having Lord in their name now......jk..it sounds better in my opinion. :p

Tecknician

Jinji said:
Shouldn't that be "Lady" Teck, being female? Or is there something we're missing here?
Lady doesn't sound authoritative/evil enough. Might change it again once I find the correct pronoun.

Saric

Youngster
Tendou said:
Teck can you check if Icy Wind move is really psychical? I did like 20-25% damage using it + stab + 2 screechs in a zubat

Also Smeargle can't learn the tms stated in wikia http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... e=Smeargle
Wiki lists it as special based as it should be.
Edit: Smeargle isnt supposed to learn any tms. I have fixed this in the wiki.
Edit 2: Seems naero either mistyped or mistook Smeargle for smoochum. Both pages have been updated.

vaiokh

Try fix the Blissey.

No one can edit your moves in playerdex, no one.

ty

Tendou

Saric said:
Tendou said:
Teck can you check if Icy Wind move is really psychical? I did like 20-25% damage using it + stab + 2 screechs in a zubat

Also Smeargle can't learn the tms stated in wikia http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... e=Smeargle
Wiki lists it as special based as it should be.
Edit: Smeargle isnt supposed to learn any tms. I have fixed this in the wiki.
Edit 2: Seems naero either mistyped or mistook Smeargle for smoochum. Both pages have been updated.

Oh gotcha. I just do take a look at move's colors so i guess you need fix Icy Wind in Sneasel page, it is red tagged. Thats explain why Icy Wind deals near to nothing dmg xD thanks

drvirus

Hey Teck, awesome work as always, but today i saw people talking about something in the help channel that grabbed my attention, and i think you need to edit it out, here is the situation:

someone starts Johto region, and plays and plays and plays and play till he reaches Olivine City, after that he needs to either buy a ticket to get to cainwood city, or buy a surf board which costs alot to new players which is 100k, so ofc he would buy the ticket, so he goes to cainwood city, and finds out the gym it too hard for him, so he decides to go back because there is no where to train his pokemons in cainwood, unless you have money to gain access to the safary zone or a fishing rod, but what if he didnt have enough money to go back? so thats what happened to a player, hes stuck in that city, no way to get money to buy a ticket back no way to lvl up his poke, he cant trade there either, and even if he had a fishing rod, if he didnt lvl up his fishing rod its nearly impossible for him to do anything with it.

so i suggest that either the cainwood teleporter should be free to send players back, or maybe and a bush with pokemons in cainwood city.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
drvirus said:
Hey Teck, awesome work as always, but today i saw people talking about something in the help channel that grabbed my attention, and i think you need to edit it out, here is the situation:

someone starts Johto region, and plays and plays and plays and play till he reaches Olivine City, after that he needs to either buy a ticket to get to cainwood city, or buy a surf board which costs alot to new players which is 100k, so ofc he would buy the ticket, so he goes to cainwood city, and finds out the gym it too hard for him, so he decides to go back because there is no where to train his pokemons in cainwood, unless you have money to gain access to the safary zone or a fishing rod, but what if he didnt have enough money to go back? so thats what happened to a player, hes stuck in that city, no way to get money to buy a ticket back no way to lvl up his poke, he cant trade there either, and even if he had a fishing rod, if he didnt lvl up his fishing rod its nearly impossible for him to do anything with it.

so i suggest that either the cainwood teleporter should be free to send players back, or maybe and a bush with pokemons in cainwood city.

To my knowledge, if a player does not have any of the following: at least $5,000, to afford a transportation ticket; an active 1-month pass/a transportation ticket; or a wind surfboard, then it should exempt you from the price if none of these items/commodities are in your possession. The exact concern that you raised up was reportedly problematic, after the overhaul of the train system; thus, a free return-ride has been set up, under exempting circumstances, to ensure that players are not stranded in the area anymore.

Tecknician

Update regarding weekend events:

Apologize for the delay however this has been delayed til at least January.
The needed content for this has been made, simply needs to be tested and started so do not worry. It's just that I am currently busy with other things in my life like the holidays and the rest of the staff are working on other content updates.

While this isn't going to start before the end of the year, we will have plenty of other content come out, including an event, few new catch-able pokemon, perhaps a new move to teach and more.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Many new things coming. I have personally been very happy with the progress and events that have happened. When I read news about the game I stay eager to play. Thank you so much for your endeavor. :) [/glow]

Merse

Youngster
That's all I ask! A few lines now and then to hear about the staff member.
Thanks Teck and for God's sake, never let PWO to go ahead of your family during the holidays :D

drvirus

Empress Teck said:
12/11
Move tutor in goldenrod tunnel can now teach outrage to arcanine after completing a small quest.

i find this really unfair to players who have shiny arcanines, but cant teach him outrage because of the restrictions, can you make an other requirement where it costs more, but still can teach it, or some kind of quest or something?

[EDIT] i might of read the quest wrong, i need to do that to 1 grow then i can teach it to any arcanine?

Masta

Yes do it to 1 growlithe then when quest is done can teach to all.

drvirus

mastablasta09 said:
Yes do it to 1 growlithe then when quest is done can teach to all.

i dont seem to understand the quest, do they mean get a growlithe lvl 25 lvl it up to 75 without evolving it? or what exactly?

Masta

Get a growlithe lvl 25 or lower then take it to the guy, then lvl it to 75 and you can evolve it at any lvl between then.