Tecknical updates

Tecknician

2/20
Healing items that are not potions will not work for the time being.

12/12
Snorlax, omanyte, and kabuto are now UC
Pinsir has been removed from viridian forest
More information will come latter about these changes.

12/11
Move tutor in goldenrod tunnel can now teach outrage to arcanine after completing a small quest.

9/10
Flame charge can now only hit once.
echoed voice power now set at 75 but may hit twice.
Outrage power has increased to 105 power.
last resort power has decreased to 120
thrash power has increased to 105
dream eater acc reduced to 90.
psychic acc reduced to 95.

9/9
Added TM02 (Dragon Claw). It can be found in dragon club by speaking to club item manager. You will need to have completed the dragons den quest, for older players that have access to the den you will simply need to talk to the club item manager and will receive club membership, which allows you to buy the item. The item costs 2,000.

8/25
Fixed the bug causing stat issues by moves like psychic.

5/12
Zigzagoon changed from dark type to normal type.

4/30
Critical hit chance reduced to 5% from 6.25%(20% change)

4/17
Believed to have fix the glitches related to self destruct and explosion. The moves are currently set to what they should be in the handhelds.

4/16
Found a solution to the major problem regarding recoil. Currently Take down does have recoil and it now updates the client after each attack rather than only when you faint. I still need to test exactly how much damage it's doing.

4/14
Revives now in game, escape rope set at 550.
4/10
Leaf Stone, Fire Stone, Thunder Stone, and Water Stone now cost 2100 each.
Moon Stone costs 10,000.
Sun Stone can not be purchased but will be re-added by the end of the week at 10,000.
Revive will also be purchase-able by the end of the week(sunday) at a price of 1,500.

4/2
The bike and surf racing npcs have been removed until we can fix a money exploit gained using these npcs.

2/21
Updated absorb so it doesn't give back HP.

2/5
- Fisherman's hat and kidnap note should no longer drop

1/25
Following pokemon have had their base stats adjusted:
  • Weezing - HP now set at 65, was previously 60.
  • Jynx - HP now set at 65, was previously 60.
  • Togepi - SPDEF now set at 65, was previously 64.
  • Sunflora - SPDEF now set at 85, was previously 55.
  • Stantler - ATK now set at 95, was previously 96.
  • Lunatone - SPDEF now set at 85, was previously 80.

Revive All is now in game.
- Revive All revives and heals 10% of their HP of all pokemon in your party that has fainted. Currently you have to use /ref for your client to update and currently it is not available to the players. I will look to tweak it a little before having pokemarts sell it.

1/16
Sorry for the extra long downtime, the server(physical) had to be restarted to finish installing updates.
For pokemon with same speed, every turn the pokemon that goes first will be chosen at random.

1/11
Replaced reversal with scratch on all slakings that have reversal.

1/10
Snubbulls attack is now 80 and def is now 50.
Dratini skin now has a 1/1000 drop rate.

1/5
The following pokemon's moveset has been updated to 5th gen B/W 1:

All of them

1/4
- Ghost type moves should now use special attack for damage calculations.
- The entrance to the dragon club will now only accept 1 answer, before any answer worked.

Tecknician

Re: Teck's updates

narutofoxLT said:
Welcome to PWO team and keep going with good work. What updates you will do?
Thanks, and for now mostly pokemon move sets.

Tecknician

Re: Teck's updates

I am going to go ahead and lock this and unlock it as needed. I am not taking requests for updates at this point in time. I will be consulting with the other staff members as to what should be updated, I believe there is a topic already started in general discussions concerning this, post your requests there and if another staff member agrees they can past it along to me.

Tecknician

Snubbulls attack is now 80 and def is now 50.
Dratini skin now has a 1/1000 drop rate.

ash.catchem

Youngster
Wow...!! Nice updates Teck :)
good to see revive here. :)
Nice work.. and very regular work.. :)

Tecknician

Did some in game testing today and this is what I found:

Recoil: Currently does indeed trigger after every use. However it requires another pokemon to make damage to your pokemon before it either a) is calculated, or B) updates the client. Small issue with this is that it does twice as much recoil damage as it should. This is a minimal problem as database values can be changed.

Healing moves (currently absorb only): It actually restores 2000% more HP than it should. With recoil, it does not display on your client until you are attacked by the opponents pokemon.

This brings up the debate should I try to fix the moves so they at least update on the client the same turn or go ahead and update all the moves regarding recoil/hp restoring with this bug?

Siauwlong

i vote for fix the moves teck, i wouldn't know how much hp i have left, and it could make miscalculation on the battle, so after the moves is fixed, and the recoil damage/ healing move applied in the same turn, then we could move on for the next one

rohan94117

so revive available in game and if not avail able then wen will be available and wat cost??

Di4m0nD

Sludge and sludge bomb is super effective against Heracross, can you verify why this happen. It's occured when I was doing DC today. Don't know about other poison type move. Thank you.

Naero

Di4m0nD said:
Sludge and sludge bomb is super effective against Heracross, can you verify why this happen. It's occured when I was doing DC today. Don't know about other poison type move. Thank you.

In PWO, Poison-type moves are super effective against Bug-types -- as it was in generation 1, although the damage property did not carry on to more recent generations.

As long as this damage property applies to the poison-type, all damage-dealing poison-type moves will have a super effective modifier against bug-types.

Di4m0nD

Naero said:
Di4m0nD said:

In PWO, Poison-type moves are super effective against Bug-types -- as it was in generation 1, although the damage property did not carry on to more recent generations.

As long as this damage property applies to the poison-type, all damage-dealing poison-type moves will have a super effective modifier against bug-types.
I just remembered after making the post, it was the same when I was first playing this game. My caterpie got hit by poison sting and it was super effective, but I just want to get a confirmation :p Thanks :)

Tendou

Zigzagoon is treated as dark type pokémon instead normal pokémon. Linoone was as well but it was fixed to normal as i tried out to duplicate once again.

autobots

dude does it mean that if we kill any 1000 pokes in route 45 pond one poke will drop it

Naero

autobots said:
dude does it mean that if we kill any 1000 pokes in route 45 pond one poke will drop it

No; it's not a counter, but rather a probability. 1/1000 is used to represent the percentage (equivalently: 0.001%) of the odds in successfully looting a Dratini Skin, from defeating a fishing spawn on Route 45 in battle. There is no guarantee that you will obtain the skin after defeating 1000 fishing spawns on Route 45; and it could be much less or more than that, depending on your luck.