Swarm ( poll ends on Friday 13th at 5PM UTC ) Swarm will start UTC Friday 8pm - Monday12pm

Pick what you would like to see in the next swarm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Feathers.McGraw

Youngster
Community Guide
hard choice but pick 1 :)

swarm starts UTC Friday 8pm - Monday12pm.

Skorupi won the vote! you can find the swarm at cinnabar volcano path.

Swarm has be increased by 24 hours and catch rate for skorupi was updated

The swarm will end at 12pm UTC, 7am PT Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lobonatico

tumblr_ns1pxauOAl1scncwdo1_540.gifv

My babies only weakness is ground-moves. ✔
Learns Pursuit (STAB) from Gen1 and Whirlwind from token pkm. ✔
Learns Crunch (STAB), Knock Off (STAB) and Toxic Spikes by level up. ✔
Great Taunt / Sword Dance user. ✔

And, on my opinion, it's not so high-dependant from Aqua Tail (move tutor) since purely ground-types are not common to pull out on the meta. Nidoking/queen Sheer Force is not working properly, Rhyperiors are rarely seen and Dugtrio is a meme. The appearance of this pokemon however can bring back Dolphan, Gligar and other ground-types to usage which is positively good. Also evaluates TM78
ground.gif
Bulldoze not only by utility for speed control.

Vote for the Scorpions! Vote for Skorupi!

cb51bd83d5505d4a719518c5911d142f1dd74d53_00.jpg

Last edited:

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Before anything to be said, I just wanna thank you for doing such vote. Such activities and mini-events are always needed to keep the community together so it's really appreciated.

On a side note: Great choices too.

whisMEAT

Youngster
is the only purpose of this new CG to give away old fossilween rares?
negative nancy level: complaining to the first thing that is sighted. chill men, it is first thing s/he does as a CG. what you expect as a first act, complete re-working of the guild structure in a half dead game?

shodan21

Youngster
negative nancy level: complaining to the first thing that is sighted. chill men, it is first thing s/he does as a CG.
uh, yes, exactly - first thing this new CG does is give away a fossil that was a one-time event reward and you actually had to choose between it and the skull fossil. second thing is this swarm idea, where the choices are a) an incredibly rare egg from that same event, b) a t5 from cryo/pyro valley, or c) a frequent halloween event t4. color me shocked that the voting results so far are highly reflective of that.

what you expect as a first act, complete re-working of the guild structure in a half dead game?
complete non-sequitur since that's not a CG role. tossing out event uniques as gimmes, though? yeah, that's a great plan.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Well Shods, I guess its a matter of different perspectives in such case. Looking at rarities as catch rates or hunting (its obtaining history) would be different than looking at the pokes as battling material or just a matter of liking a pokemon more than another. But I guess It's most likely that none of the active players actually have good/enough versions of such pokemon that are being suggested on such swarm. Also such pokes actually came in game before so it's not a big deal putting them again. It would just be much a bigger deal if a completely new pokemon was introduced for the first time in an event. But a swarm should be something repeated but still valuable.

Anyhow, it's always great to see an activity being held. An event, a swarm or whatever really. Just give them a reason to play/stay.

Cleveland

Youngster
No pokemon or item should be unique to any single event. It's about damn time these things became more regularly available to everyone. Restricting content just to maintain rarity for old, inactive players has long been harmful to this game and its community.

Having swarms like this on a monthly (?) basis where rare pokes/items become available for a limited time is a good thing and will help keep this game alive.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
tumblr_ns1pxauOAl1scncwdo1_540.gifv

My babies only weakness is ground-moves. ✔
Learns Pursuit (STAB) and Whirlwind from catchable Gen 1 pokemons. ✔
Learns Crunch (STAB), Knock Off (STAB) and Toxic Spikes by level up. ✔
Great Taunt / Sword Dance user. ✔

And, on my opinion, it's not so high-dependant from Aqua Tail (move tutor) since purely ground-types are not common to pull out on the meta. Nidoking/queen Sheer Force is not working properly, Rhyperiors are rarely seen and Dugtrio is a meme. The appearance of this pokemon however can bring back Dolphan, Gligar and other ground-types to usage which is positively good. Also evaluates TM78
ground.gif
Bulldoze not only by utility for speed control.

Vote for the Scorpions! Vote for Skorupi!

cb51bd83d5505d4a719518c5911d142f1dd74d53_00.jpg

Not gonna lie, Nice marketing skills Lobs lol. I liked it.

whisMEAT

Youngster
uh, yes, exactly - first thing this new CG does is give away a fossil that was a one-time event reward and you actually had to choose between it and the skull fossil. second thing is this swarm idea, where the choices are a) an incredibly rare egg from that same event, b) a t5 from cryo/pyro valley, or c) a frequent halloween event t4. color me shocked that the voting results so far are highly reflective of that.

complete non-sequitur since that's not a CG role. tossing out event uniques as gimmes, though? yeah, that's a great plan.
you are aware that those events were years ago? a lot of players that are actively playing most likely do not even know that pwo existed when those events were held. What fadoka said is accurate and eventually, repetitive or not, pokemons will be avalible again.

This seems a warm up event of a CG and server doesnt see 10 people during a lot of hours in a day. For bunch of hoursr it is barely 5. What kind of warm up there could be for this to motivate withouth adding new content? Honestly, if you have a better idea suggest it, but count the number of players and staff before suggesting. It should be exiciting enough and not too-exciting to avoid it too rewarding for a small swarm. This can easily done with old event stuff.

shodan21

Youngster
you are aware that those events were years ago?
no, i attended them and am totally unaware of when they were.

This seems a warm up event of a CG and server doesnt see 10 people during a lot of hours in a day. For bunch of hoursr it is barely 5. What kind of warm up there could be for this to motivate withouth adding new content? Honestly, if you have a better idea suggest it, but count the number of players and staff before suggesting. It should be exiciting enough and not too-exciting to avoid it too rewarding for a small swarm. This can easily done with old event stuff.
no, this seems like a hastily-made decision to try and pacify people for a while longer after some complaining, particularly from mahmutekici, in discord. while it isnt a bad thing to keep some pressure on staff to actually deliver some content, this cycle of whining and pacifying isnt really fruitful in the long run - not that staff have a great track record of delivering in the first place, but distractions to appease the griping is bad enough when they lose track of things within 24 hours (with scrollback available to read, no less).

i also dont particularly disagree with re-releasing old event rares, but these things (and the events at the end of last year) seem to be full-on player wishlist giveaways, as if the entire purpose is to provide everything anyone ever wanted all at once. keep going like that and there will be nothing to provide in future events/etc because everyone will already have them and everything will be worthless.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Shoddy is incorrect in this matter.

This is actually just the first visible part from the internal review conducted recently that I've talked about.
One of those parts being clear staff guidelines and expectations to the roles for our own productivity and direction, with the availability to expand easier. e.g. it took <1 week for Feathers to come onto staff and is already up and running with their first swarm. So right now this topic is the culmination of part of the structures that began in March, not something hastily made up.

There will be future swarms released that can reflect on feedback from this one. From all players of course. As this has been received mixed due to the spawns, it will be taken into consideration, we do have a deep pool of Pokemon to choose from. So we can do better to try and make voting feel better going forwards from the options shown.

At the end of the day, we still hope people enjoy this :p
And be nice to our new CG, it's not easy getting a claymation penguin to do work for us.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
The best option would be to pick from something that is most requested for the token store from the previous events. If new pokemon can be introduced later, I don't think including some previous event pokemon for the spawn choices is a problem. Other option would be including some egg pokemon from the prize corner. I do think its a wishlist giveaway but in the end, if there's new pokemon going to be added in the future, the question of pokemon losing their value because of appearing once or twice in a swarm is negligible.

Kingstone

Great pokemon options for swarm, except spiritomb, it's been years since skorupi and hippo appeared, I love the idea of having new skorupis/Hippo. Thanks for the swarm and good luck to the new team member.

DH94

Youngster
I dont find the idea of Armor fossil being the reward for Hide n Seek a problem as only a couple will be given to winners that way and finding Shieldon these days is next to impossible.
As for swarm spawns I see why some people might be annoyed with spawns as it took a lot of time to get those pokes years ago but I doubt they will be T2 in swarm and I expect them to be at least as rare as Starly was in swarm a couple years ago so not too big a discrepancy in spawn rarity will be made between events + not that big a deal since all of us will get a chance to finally get a good iv one.
Kudos to staff for putting in the effort to organize such mini events, while working on Sevii, to get us back in PWO once again and enjoying the game that we all love.

Feathers.McGraw

Youngster
Community Guide
I dont find the idea of Armor fossil being the reward for Hide n Seek a problem as only a couple will be given to winners that way and finding Shieldon these days is next to impossible.
As for swarm spawns I see why some people might be annoyed with spawns as it took a lot of time to get those pokes years ago but I doubt they will be T2 in swarm and I expect them to be at least as rare as Starly was in swarm a couple years ago so not too big a discrepancy in spawn rarity will be made between events + not that big a deal since all of us will get a chance to finally get a good iv one.
Kudos to staff for putting in the effort to organize such mini events, while working on Sevii, to get us back in PWO once again and enjoying the game that we all love.
I don't think i could give out stuff as good as that all the time or when it comes to swarms or big events they won't feel as good to join if just getting the same items as a normal hide n seek.

whisMEAT

Youngster
no, i attended them and am totally unaware of when they were.

no, this seems like a hastily-made decision to try and pacify people for a while longer after some complaining, particularly from mahmutekici, in discord. while it isnt a bad thing to keep some pressure on staff to actually deliver some content, this cycle of whining and pacifying isnt really fruitful in the long run - not that staff have a great track record of delivering in the first place, but distractions to appease the griping is bad enough when they lose track of things within 24 hours (with scrollback available to read, no less).

i also dont particularly disagree with re-releasing old event rares, but these things (and the events at the end of last year) seem to be full-on player wishlist giveaways, as if the entire purpose is to provide everything anyone ever wanted all at once. keep going like that and there will be nothing to provide in future events/etc because everyone will already have them and everything will be worthless.
"no, this seems like a hastily-made decision to try and pacify people ..." that may be, wasnt following discord. that doesnt cange the "not so unique but usefull" idea of swarm though.

"eem to be full-on player wishlist giveaways, as if the entire purpose is to provide everything anyone ever wanted all at once." this is exagration, not even the tiers are known now and pwo does this only in long events with t1-2 spawms (e.g clef, cloys, scyhther etc), not in a swarm. brigning old event pokemons also servs exactly the opposite of what you say, cos while there isnt any perma content introduced , at least so far, this keeps a lot of pokemons in reservoir . attractiveness of clef, a catchabe t4, is seemingly just drained and it took 2-3(or more?) events/ swarms. itconsumes the attractiveness but seemingly waay too slow then what you picture.

Valid concerns but one is exagration and the other barely change the usefullness of a swarm in an *empty* server

Boora

Youngster
STOP IT, GET SOME HELP - meme :)

With the current state of the game, i'm dumbfunded that there's still arguments about spawns/rarity

You've just been gifted 4 hours of fun and somewhat active server and ontop of that it looks like staff is finally taking zebby's example.
i'l personally be down for all of my rare pokemon to be featured as a spawn if it'll help the server
who cares if it'll devalue as long as pwo becomes active again.

And if we're being picky about it.
Even if it'll be T2 within 4 hours and the current volume of players, at most, 1-2 will be caught ?
Is that worth fussing over ?

i'l be blunt but i honestly do not mean to offend anyone,
-Shut up and enjoy the event-

Thank you and have a nice day.