Survey: Membership.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
We're currently looking to channel more feedback in a survey, regarding your experiences and opinions on membership: http://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.net/survey.php

In addition to providing statistical feedback on the survey, you are welcome to provide verbal feedback as well—refer to the instructions on question #5. Discussions are welcome here as well, but feedback that's sent and guided through the survey is what will be paid attention to firstly by the staff that are empowered to make changes to it.

EDIT: A new survey has replaced the old one—it's been linked above.

Buggot

Incidentally, today is the last day of my membership ;(
If I ever get membership again, I would like to see move discounts :D

Merse

Youngster
Yeah, I really liked the idea of discount on TMs. That would give slightly more adaptability in PVP to members. Add something like reduced train ticket prices and I would be perfectly happy with the lowered shiny chance.

Merlino

I've found that the survey doesn't really get the point of the problem in my opinion, except for the shiny rate.
First of all, i think that a discount on 10k dollars (or few more, just for example) is risible. What about having month pass free for transportation system, just a proposal.
Second point, what about considering to change the duration of MS from 1 or 2 months of "real time" in X hours effectively played? The main reason that stopped me in this last period from buying MS is that i can't programm previously how much time i'll have to play in the near future.
I hope these points can be helpful and can start a discussion on that :)
Anyway, thanks for your support to the game, good night

Orean

Website
twitter.com
I've found that the survey doesn't really get the point of the problem in my opinion, except for the shiny rate.

This is what the email (primarily; it's more likely to be held in consideration there) referenced in the survey is for, as well as this thread (more likely to stimulate a collective discussion): using verbal feedback as a furtherance of your opinion beyond the survey. :) The survey, while it's effective for giving us a rough census on the users' membership experience, as well as consensus on our propositions, verbal feedback will give more dimensions to it.

If others feel as if the survey questions in themselves do not field all of the feedback that's desirable, I'd stress once again to refer to the email in question #5; and feel free to raise it up for a discussion here as well.

Merlino said:
Second point, what about considering to change the duration of MS from 1 or 2 months of "real time" in X hours effectively played?

Under this scheme, how many hours would you consider reasonable for the equivalent cost of a 1 or 2-month bundle (6 and 10 tokens, respectively)?

Dr.Zeus

A statistical survey is not a good idea. The data provided by the players will be completely biased. There are only few individual who actually care about the game . They will only want, what is beneficial to them. A verbal feedback / open dicussion is a better idea to know the point of view of players, but as i can see only very few players are intrested in it!
Merlino said:
Second point, what about considering to change the duration of MS from 1 or 2 months of "real time" in X hours effectively played?
IMO this is a nice idea, i have also thought about it! And to your question,
Creobis said:
how many hours would you consider reasonable for the equivalent cost of a 1 or 2-month bundle (6 and 10 tokens, respectively)?
I would like to see further discussion on it. To know first, how much time/hours an average player spend on game in a month/week/day ( ofc with stats ) , is a good way ( as it must be in favour of the player base , so it is important to know their behaviour ) . Also different varieties should be provided to players for membership packages. But that we may discuss in future..

Merlino

Creobis said:

This is what the email (primarily; it's more likely to be held in consideration there) referenced in the survey is for, as well as this thread (more likely to stimulate a collective discussion): using verbal feedback as a furtherance of your opinion beyond the survey. :) The survey, while it's effective for giving us a rough census on the users' membership experience, as well as consensus on our propositions, verbal feedback will give more dimensions to it.

If others feel as if the survey questions in themselves do not field all of the feedback that's desirable, I'd stress once again to refer to the email in question #5; and feel free to raise it up for a discussion here as well.

Merlino said:

Under this scheme, how many hours would you consider reasonable for the equivalent cost of a 1 or 2-month bundle (6 and 10 tokens, respectively)?

Thats why I've made a post! :) to discuss properly!
I haven't thought about the amount of hours. Maybe can be calculated stating x hours per day * numbers of day, like 1.5 h * 30 days = 45 hours (6 tokens), just put a number to make an example. And costumers can decide to buy the 30 days formula, convenient for hard-core players, or the hours formula, for occasional players. What about it?

SapphirePhoenix

On the subject of converting the membership time length to something more hourly related, I was thinking of a possibility of the 30 day membership being a "prepaid play-as-you-go" thing, similar to some mobile phone plans. The idea is that we could exchange tokens for the normal 30 days but the days used up would only be counted on days we actually log in. How many hours we play for that day wouldn't matter; it can be 2 minutes or 23.9 hours and the day would still be considered used. If we were away for a day or week due to exams or something, then the membership days won't be counting down during that time because we didn't log in at all.

(This is just an idea off the top of my head so I don't know if it would be possible to do something like this or if anyone would actually want a system like that)

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Love the way membership is NOW wouldnt change a thing! Infact it seems harder for me to find shinies since i came back but they say no shiny rate has changed but i still like it! Hope it dont change at least the shiny rate is my main concern the only reason i get MS is to help the game out and for the increase shiny chance.

Rigaudon

Youngster
A statistical survey is not a good idea. The data provided by the players will be completely biased. There are only few individual who actually care about the game . They will only want, what is beneficial to them. A verbal feedback / open dicussion is a better idea to know the point of view of players, but as i can see only very few players are intrested in it!

We want to know what most players want or do. Earlier we only knew what people on the forums wanted, or the people who talked in chat.

It is not meant to replace these discussions, but it does add perspective to them. Just because an idea is popular in one section doesn't mean it is for the entire game.

doitkylestyle

While I would love the idea of a membership service which goes by game time and not actual time it simply wouldn't be feesible for PWO in my opinion. Cash inflow from memberships would suffer as it wouldn't be as frequently bought, so in regards to that, for the sake of the game, I'd keep that the same.

As for the two points brought up in the survey (decrease shiny chance and decrease prices of tms etc) I would like to say that I buy membership purely for the shiny increase. (Generally) if you have membership then in reality saving yourself 2, 3k on a TM won't mean anything to you, there could be more valuable benefits than that in reality. So whether that's a new bonus or not I wouldn't really care - in all honesty, even if they took away the added poke money from wild battles I'd still buy membership.

That said, if shiny rates decreased I would reconsider renewing at the end of the month. At the end of the day I know it's luck, but it's hard enough at 1/2048, let alone 1/3000. Being (in my opinion) the main feature, I would want a drop in price to go along with the drop in chance.

My idea to improve would be 'Membership+'. Nothing too fancy or extreme, just for a few extra bucks or more you get added value. Say regular membership was reduced to 1/3000 shiny rate, 50% exp and money bonus and 10% off items. Well membership+ could make it 1/1500 and 100 Exp boost etc etc.
I've no idea if its a realistic or even a good idea, but it's my opinion nonetheless, I'd love to know what you all think.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Just to avert attention back to the OP for a moment: a Playerdex survey has been linked in the OP, branching off a new set of questions related to Membership usage, incentives, and experience.