Storage Wars! Pokemon Edition.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I want the staff to treat the banned accounts storage boxes like the storage sheds on Storage Wars, and let players buy a bin not knowing what is in it. Might be nothing, but be old IV shiny ttar. \o/

Klay

Youngster
Yeah sure...and when they get unbanned they can't have access to their poks anymore

Iirc staff already said it has been discuted and they've been against the idea of taking poks from banned accounts
Also, since some of these people got their poks in a unethical way (trade for real cash, injected by ex malicious staff members, etc), re-using them whatever the reason would be as unethical
(and no, old ivs weren't a good thing, dead ones should remain dead)

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I want the staff to treat the banned accounts storage boxes like the storage sheds on Storage Wars, and let players buy a bin not knowing what is in it. Might be nothing, but be old IV shiny ttar. \o/
So another way for easier pokemon? LOL Its a funny idea but come on man XD

GuiiHenrique

In the past I've seen people accusing staff of transferring pokes from banned accounts to active accounts in exchange for real money. I think this is just one more way to generate problems...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Being honest here, I actually think there's a germ of an idea in this humourous suggestion; but taking Pokémon from accounts - even banned ones - is not it.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Yeah, you can leave off the part about plundering old banned accounts. The rest though, is not a bad idea in itself.

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
So now you don't want most old IV/"uber" pokes out of the system eventually? Honestly I feel like it's very sad that so many players are feeling the need for such weird measures in a effort to "fix" the economy.
There is a huge disparity that's been created, yes. That's mostly because there aren't enough players playing anymore and not much money generated in the game. So the actively circulated money is quite low and thus prices are low as well.
Outside of this circuit exist old players and accounts with tons of wealth and Pokemon as assets, which in a way is its own economy among those richer players.
To reduce this disparity you can't just take away Money or Pokemon from the wealthy or keep giving free Pokemon to the newbies through constant swarms (which further decreases the value of the Pokemon that keeps getting abused every swarm/event). That's literally the laziest way out - which doesn't even solve anything.
Adding natures (randomised that apply to existing Pokemon) would add variety to the levels of competitive viability of each Pokemon, adding additional methods for farming money could help increase cash with the newbies while decreasing the value of the wealth amassed by old players (basically creating inflation). Hell, you can even "tax" people over a certain amount of pokemoney if you want, but we've gotta be reasonable.

The most effective way is to actually have updates and new content that brings new people into the game, which starts with the staff making some sort of an updated statement of what their goals are, if any. Given how the competition with other MMOs has evolved - them having extremely superior technical base and graphics and servers and active content creators - it is understandable if the staff thinks that the time for pwo to evolve and compete has gone. It's just how it is. The game can exist as it is rn with people logging in and out till the game dies - like all games do. It would be sad however, if during the last stages, as a misguided attempt to "save" the economy we randomly start redistributing wealth.
Of course, what all of us would prefer is that the admin team has a solid plan and desire to continue working and creating a game that new players would like to join instead of other ones out there.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
The most effective way is to actually have updates and new content that brings new people into the game, which starts with the staff making some sort of an updated statement of what their goals are, if any.

what all of us would prefer is that the admin team has a solid plan and desire to continue working and creating a game that new players would like to join

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
As for Natures, it is another way to screw up perfectly battle ready pokemon. If all current natures get re-randomized and my ttar becomes Modest it will be worthless to me and I'll have to hunt all new pokemon, praying that I get a good nature AND IVs. The IVs alone are impossible.

The easy fix there is to have it so we can change the nature to the one we need, since without that, this game would become pointless to play the instant natures are released and I would quit for sure.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
As for Natures, it is another way to screw up perfectly battle ready pokemon. If all current natures get re-randomized and my ttar becomes Modest it will be worthless to me and I'll have to hunt all new pokemon, praying that I get a good nature AND IVs. The IVs alone are impossible.

The easy fix there is to have it so we can change the nature to the one we need, since without that, this game would become pointless to play the instant natures are released and I would quit for sure.
I honestly think random natures are better as to me they would encourage more buying and selling, but considering pwo already has it where you can set your own ability, and some people don't like putting extra effort into hunting, I figure selected natures will be the route they will eventually go.

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
Agreed to jobey. Personnaly ,i think even option of ability choosing should be removed after announcing it previously 1-3 month . İt make sense we could choose it for again 1-3 month but thats at most. İf everything can be choosed,why are we not playing showdown but pwo? Also it is less "authentic" a pokemon game to play and hunt whit this much "optimizables" .
THOUGH, in given player activity randomizing every previous pokemon seems a risky action to me. Both hunters and battlers will feel super lame. And there is issue of rare tutors and tm s in already exosting pokemons. Ruining some pokemon while also having few active players is....meh.
All in all , i would suggest that if natures are to be implemented, they should be optimizable but only for a limited time. Like 3 or 6month so people who are coming from event to event will have time to do so

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
İf everything can be choosed,why are we not playing showdown but pwo?

This is the problem game developers have to face. The original games solved all the problems by not being MMO. They have BREEDING which allows those of us who are knowledgeable enough and who work hard enough to get 31+ on 4+ stats while getting the natures and abilities we want.

The official games have mechanics that allow players to customize their pokemon any way we want. But this is a MMO, so if breeding was introduced then everyone would have complete sets of all the T5s since everyone would breed them until they were the most common pokemon on the servers.

Customizing pokemon who we want is a part of the official games, and thus should be implemented in some way here. The question is how to do so in MMO form? If we are not allowed to breed then 99% of what we can do to customize our pokemon is gone.

Right now we can only pass 10% of the breedable moves between already existing pokemon. We cannot pass IVs like normal breeding, we cannot pass natures like normal breeding, we cannot pass abilities, or gender. Only those 10% of breedable moves, which necessitates catching new pokemon all the time, which is an extremely unreliable method of procuring new IVs, let alone natures and abilities too.

So it goes back to the question of how do you bring customizing pokemon to a MMO based game without ruining it?

Which eventually leads us to asking questions about how to get high quality pokemon onto the market, which is a demand that should not be surprising in the least.

justme1306

Youngster
ive played many pokemon mmos and let me tell you something - breeding ivs and pokemon is really bad on the economy - why buying a pokemon if u can have for free by just keep breeding? so people wouldnt buy pokemon on mart .
for me the breeding/ivs isnt a problem - they need to find a way to release some pvp tms - get some events(last one was in february and was superbowl event..) - also updates sometimes would help
you cant expect a game to have a lot of players in games when there is no official events running for almost a year - what happen is people log in - see 10-15 players on - most of them they never heard about - so they play 10-15 minutes then get bored.- just need to find a way to keep them logged in game and enjoy the game - which breeding or storage wars wouldnt do
again thats my opinion - and i like to see people trying to bring ideas to keep this game alive

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Justy is pretty much dead on, something as simple as more moves and a reason to log on could do wonders for the game. Anyway, I think focus on some upgrades to battle tower could prove a safe attempt. It's already like PWO's version of "Daily Rewards" so why not add to those awards by implementing more tutors, tms, and items and make them plus the current prizes more costly. This gives more reasons to log on daily but also can improve the economy as some do not like spending the time needed to get things they want and therefore would prefer to buy them. (Again, this isn't a miracle cure, just a small starting step) or special weekly tutors where you need a certain amount of something you must collect to purchase the prize could prove semi interesting. Again these are just rough ideas but hopefully they atleast help others come up with ideas that are more creative (yet still pratical.)

thunderclap

Youngster
How about releasing unfinished region maps onto Holodeck for testing/feedback, with new pokemons as spawns? That way you don't have to create all the NPCs, gyms, stories and quests, but we get some exciting new content.

Klay

Youngster
How about releasing unfinished region maps onto Holodeck for testing/feedback, with new pokemons as spawns? That way you don't have to create all the NPCs, gyms, stories and quests, but we get some exciting new content.

From someone who knows +/- how maps are done:
If there's no NPC (and so no gym, no quest, no lore), I bet staff could throw a bunch of new perfectly working maps: from what i saw on luna's twitch, the staff map editor takes care of pointing where are effects, like collisions and spawns, so once a map is done, you can be sure there would be 0 collision issue.

But what you propose is called a swarm and has no reason to take place in a new map (since no new lore around that place).