Stat Changing Moves

DoreanBV

You're wrong eco, during each switch the opponent gets to land a hit, and the battle would consist of choosing an attack anticipating the switch or the lack of one. Ergo, more thinking in battle again. Watch some online pokemon battles, and you'll see what i'm talking about. So with an attack landing during each switch, it would finish eventually, although it's true it would take longer than now, but not more than twice the time.

Tombradyrocks

Bis_Eastwood said:
if you guys know these pokemon are whats going to be messing up your team, bring counters. charizard/steelix for meta, mamoswine or something else for dragonite. pokemon battling is strategy based. use a strategy.

Doesn't really help. Since there's no switching in battle all it would take is one pokemon on your team that doesn't have a chance to do significant damage to it. Throw all the counters at it you want, after an agility and a few dragon dance mamoswine, lapras, or any other counter to a dragonite would likely be one shotted and useless. I haven't really had an issue with Metagross yet, Dragonite is the one that really is OP.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Of course they would take damage Dorean, but it would be very minimal, or even not effective at all like with jolt v steelix, or something like that.

And Darcia that's a great example, thanks for that. I'd like to ask permission to use that for my records. I'd also like to point out that out of the pokemon you gave as examples for Mamo Counters, three of them can help Drago boost itself at least partially. There is also the example of the new Teams in the second video (gyarados, metagross, mamoswine, dragonite+ two more pokes (in this case yet another pseudo legendary slaking). You can see here that if the other dragonite user would've been smart (since your jolt was already defeated) he would've used Dragon dance 3 times and agility only once, allowing him to OHKO your Counter cloyster, and in all probability take out your entire remaining team. These videos will be invaluable.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Then build your teams smartly.

today ive been using a team comprised of s kingdra, shiftry, s forretress, tyranitar, s mamo, and a salamence to great success. never used this team before. i beat serkan_ince and others with this team, and nearly beat mati_leo.

the only pokes i have for people to set up drago on, are fortress and shiftry.

you know what i do if someone sends a drago out vs my fort or shiftry? i explode so they cant set up. its called strategy. no whining, no giving up, i counter with my own strategy.
now they cant set up, and i bring something to take them out. you guys are spending a lot of time complaining instead of being innovative. we have to be more productive guys. instead of finding faults in everything, embrace it.

adapt or be conquered.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Darcia said:
Mamoswine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk2AZiJxtdg
-I made my team here like most of the people does. Left without counters and you can see what happened. Dozen of Pokemon would counter Mamoswine easy(Gyarados, Starmie, Kingdra, Swampert, Feraligatr and other viable water type Pokemon.) but people are deceiving themselves and usually they forget that every team requires at least one counter if you fail to have start advantage.

Dragonite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR7lKFjFXUw
-After using agility 2 times and Dragon dance also 2 times Cloyster made him to faint. Dragonites hp was low and gambling another Dragon dance would be a risk. Just to note since I am not sure by myself if Atk is increasing every time Dragon dance is being used. If it is increasing every turn that it would be something worthy to look into. For example Metagross will not get Atk boost after every Meteor mash attack.

-You also keep forgetting that there are many Pokemon that are able to boost their defensive stat such as Steelix. And countering Metagross with it shouldn't do any harm. This is a rare opportunity in PWO when you can use some tactic and think instead of doing a routine battle without any special surprises after you got starter/type advantage. Like every other update, it requires testing and feedback of a people since it wouldn't be good to rely on a opinion of a single individual. Just take a better look into your PC. Pokemon are getting more and more usable and many of them are becoming competitive.

I think the use of strategy should be implemented now, if a team dies against ''1'' dragonite ''1'' metagross, etc... its not because the update sucks or something is ''OP'', its coz your team and/or strategy sucks, be honest with yourselves or try taking some more time to look around, at least... Here I go with my battles: 10 battles, without putting dragon dance or stuff, coz I didnt had money, won 7 of 10, i've been recording the battles I did in my last activity in game, I could record more. I don't understand what's wrong for some of you with this update, look how grima won against me (he was about to lose) using agility 1 time, in other words: Usin Strategy* , wich is needed in a Pokemon Game. Be patient, more updates will come to satisfy the ones that arent now able to use their skills as battlers because the brute force is gone. I remember how boring was facing the top battlers and losing the starter, as some of you know losing the starter was like knowing who was going to be the winner, now its not like that.

PS: Uploading the video (49 mins - 45 %) i'll edit this post later. And Bis has a point, our battle is also in my video.

Nikola

Youngster
-I have a feeling that you are only expecting Mamoswine or Metagross just to counter them with a Golbat. While concentrating to much on a single thing people tend to lose ability to see other things more clear. For now you must not allow that your opponent gains advantage upon you. Bis invented a good tactic and it works very well. You can use the same counter you used before after that. It's not hard to realize once you are one on one against Metagross that Pokemon who are used to defeat him before can do that even now. You don't want to boost Metagross while opponent has for example Arcanine or Jolteon. You always have to be ready since your opponent has a trump card as well. It's up to you to judge what that Pokemon might be and if you are wrong your going to lose most likely. This is a good time for testing since I can see this thing getting updated most likely. It's time to change teams and tactic. Battlers were always adapting no matter what changes were made. If you can't adapt then you are out of the picture and chances are that you will newer be competitive enough.

Tombradyrocks

Bis_Eastwood said:
Then build your teams smartly.

today ive been using a team comprised of s kingdra, shiftry, s forretress, tyranitar, s mamo, and a salamence to great success. never used this team before. i beat serkan_ince and others with this team, and nearly beat mati_leo.

the only pokes i have for people to set up drago on, are fortress and shiftry.

you know what i do if someone sends a drago out vs my fort or shiftry? i explode so they cant set up. its called strategy. no whining, no giving up, i counter with my own strategy.
now they cant set up, and i bring something to take them out. you guys are spending a lot of time complaining instead of being innovative. we have to be more productive guys. instead of finding faults in everything, embrace it.

adapt or be conquered.

Been trying to change it up as well, Arcanine has been my only one that would be vulnerable, and every battle drago seems to come out when arca does. Frusterating because I just bought the darn S Arca and almost nobody ever sells the pokemon I want to replace it.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
i feel for you man, i cant use whiscash or porygon2 anymore. what youd want to do is not send out arcanine, till you know dragonite is gone. find a different counter to what u usually use arcanine to counter.

Tombradyrocks

Bis_Eastwood said:
i feel for you man, i cant use whiscash or porygon2 anymore. what youd want to do is not send out arcanine, till you know dragonite is gone. find a different counter to what u usually use arcanine to counter.

I'm keeping my eye on the trade channel and forum, I've got something in mind that should work pretty well in place of arcanine. I guess I'll go back to the classics now and try charizard, at least he's got dragon claw

HOF69

To everyone complaining about the matchups with Metagross and Dragonite, realize that like all past instances of certain Pokemon being classified by the players as "overpowered," this scenario will be temporary as well. It's only a matter of time before something new is added that will change the face of the battle system once again. For example, when Arcanine eventually gets Outrage with its BW2 moveset, Dragonite won't stand a chance against it. Likewise, when TMs are eventually released, Swampert will dominate dragons with Ice Beam. These changes could be weeks or months down the road, but in the meantime, adapt to the changes as they come.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
HOF69 said:
Likewise, when TMs are eventually released, Swampert will dominate dragons with Ice Beam. These changes could be weeks or months down the road, but in the meantime, adapt to the changes as they come.

Thats just what I was about to say, what will happen with the tms around? You'll complain because dragonite learns Eartquake, flametrower ,etc... or you'll use something to counter OP pokes ? Such as Starmie with ice beam (throwing an example)..

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLufNsrZ ... e=youtu.be

Tombradyrocks

TM's, if and when they do implement them, will be a welcome change for me. Should increase the variety in pvp which is always good in my book.

pokearcanine

i see everybody talking that you just need to create a new strategy,yes that would work.but the problem is that:the variability is gone.
a lot of pokes cant be used in battles due to overpowering of drago,steelix and some other pokes.an ideai had that could work while TMs arent implemented(everybody's talking that this would be the solution)is that you could raise a stat in a maximum of 2 times,i dont know if you'll gonna this idea,but thats not going to destroy the strategy and at the same would bring the variability back

andrewle

another solution to this is to fix the moves that ignores the pokemon's speed examples are Quick Attack, Vacuum Wave, ExtremeSpeed, Ice Shard, Mach Punch and so on and so forth. Usually Metagross and Dragonite or other Pokemon that recently became overpowered are just barely have HP left (20HP or less) whenever they use overpowered combo, so a mere Quick Attack can bring down those Pokemon.

psychosamm

Youngster
My personal complains now aren't AS MUCH about the update (now that teck fixed the attack move stat increase) it's more that PVP is so stale now because of the update as a whole... I've been battling, trying different things, trying to mix it up, but everyone uses the same pokemon, there's no variety anymore. People just want to win so they use the same things now over and over, even more so than what was happening before, its just BORING. To me battling isn't even worth it anymore, and i dont plan on battling until TMs come out, at least then there will be battle variety again. This update really killed PVP for me.

darkdane

pokearcanine said:
are reflect and light screen fixed also?any plans to these 2 moves and self-healing moves?
Those moves like that would be greatly helpful! I was wondering also if transform, sketch, or other moves that are broken atm like that can be fixed as well now?

Dr.brock

I would like to report some error which i think is there.
Since Rock Polish two stages. i.e. 200%.
i.e. if golem uses with speed 120, then it should be 240, then in one rock polish it should be faster than chari, but in this game it requires two Rock Polishes to achieve it.

And 2nd case
Stat Decreasing moves why do they decrease less when they have decreased once? while increasing stat moves increase by constant rate. As if Chari uses Scary Face on Drago(190) then its should be be now 95 then when agility used by Dragonite (if we consider the wrong 50%,), should be incremented by 47.5. But instead it increased by some other factor.
Since If i use scary face twice on drago, and drago uses agility twice, draog becomes magically faster than chari.
So there is fault in using percentages!!!
I hope you understood what I tried to explain from my battle experiences.
Plz tell the reason of both questions if I'm wrong. Or otherwise solve it :)