Should we standardize pokemon prices?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I hate never knowing the value of a pokemon, so lets just put a value on all pokemon and let that be that.

10 PD should be enough. I already have 4 votes in favor or it.

nistaa

It's a lot of work, but still can be done in 10 mins with good programming. But I only want to state that, for the 1st time there will be deterministic and structured econimic system for trading. Alongside, with the fact that there will always be somebody trying to scam, but with these system it's chances would really be small, and converging to 0. That's why I think it would be better for all of us, it's beacause we'll finally have clean and safe trade system.

furchia

i already asked that in chat. i will do it here. what would be with that big amounts of pd some people have with them?
what would make someone sell you something for 10 pd? i will left anything valuable with me then.
anddd... i guess you are from wealthy country since you make such offers. since you don't know about black market then. i heard from the times when ruble officially costed 0,62$ but i don't think you could buy it for such amount unless you are diplomat or smth... in black market it was 1$:100 at least.
anyway market in PWO looks like stock market where item costs exactly the price the seller wants to sell it and the buyer wants to buy it.
P.S. answer of cause is gingerprimarina ;)

gingerprimarina

Youngster
I suggest only standardizing the prices of t2+ shiny pokemon...since they're still hard to catch and come by. So it will still hold value it is meant to be.
Btw, furchia is right. The answer is still me. ;)

nistaa

I suggest only standardizing the prices of t2+ shiny pokemon...since they're still hard to catch and come by. So it will still hold value it is meant to be.
Btw, furchia is right. The answer is still me. ;)
I think it's a good idea. But ofc we have to think on hard T1 shinies, i mean non common t1 shinies like vulpix,abra etc...
And poke prices should have "fences" like 300k-500k for some shiny but depends on iv. Ofc we can't make the exact price, but this would be really helpful to all those players, and message price check would have gone from pwo chat :p

whisMEAT

Youngster
nu nu. unless u equalize all,u cant make it work. it will be "oh but i get this in event" "oh i get this in old times" "oh this hits harder" simple,10pd is fine

nistaa

The idea is to equalize all. The event pokes, or old times pokes, it will all be explained once the price list will be out. I didn't quite understand what you want to tell by those two quotes for event and old times, but ofc there can be some percentage added to price cuz poke is catched in some special event and ofc we have to take into consideration if poke has some tutor move etc...
So for example
Tyranitar bad iv's 100k
Tyranitar 20+iv's 500k (and now +5% if has superpower, or ice,fire punch etc...)
S Tyranitar 1M ( also same for moves)
NOTE that the prices are just for example and not real value of those pokes.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
*sigh* Has it really come to this point? Knowing the market and being a good business man is just a trait that's needs to be worked on and learned. I'll be the first to admit I suck at the market, so anything to help is always nice, but this simply won't work, there will be conflict and arguments on what stuff should be worth and why it should have this value or that value and in the end people will still price gouge to get every penny or sell cheaper to undercut others or some won't even bother selling stuff at all because they will fill it's price isn't worth selling for. That being said, and even though I'm against this, I wont tell you not to try. Good luck with it and have fun! :)

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
this is why i said it needs to be either all eqaul or it wont work nistaa :d

nistaa

*sigh* Has it really come to this point? Knowing the market and being a good business man is just a trait that's needs to be worked on and learned. I'll be the first to admit I suck at the market, so anything to help is always nice, but this simply won't work, there will be conflict and arguments on what stuff should be worth and why it should have this value or that value and in the end people will still price gouge to get every penny or sell cheaper to undercut others or some won't even bother selling stuff at all because they will fill it's price isn't worth selling for. That being said, and even though I'm against this, I wont tell you not to try. Good luck with it and have fun! :)
Well Jobey, I quite understand you. But we can make some price list that is like reference, i mean it's not possible to determine the exact price. But this will help new players a lot, as well as players like you for example ;) that sucks at market, including me too. So idk why is everyone against it, maybe scamming new players or "newer" players is in interest for old players. Corruption is big problem, and you all have to admit it and face it. It happens every day in pwo, for example this Xmas event one new player got S Sneasel and the offer of 5m while it worth around 20m(depends on the IV's). So please do tell me, who could help this guy, or will just another old player give him 5m, cuz it's really hard to pay 5m when you have 10000000M right?
A list with price ranges would be really good thing, i don't get it why is everyone so against it.

IT WON'T BE FIXED PRICE! UNDERSTAND THAT FIRST PLEASE, AND JUST THINK ABOUT IT.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I'm against it because I feel it's a waste of time, though I do understand it's being done with the best of intentions which is why I'm not telling you to not try. People scamming newer players is a huge problem, one I do try (as do others) to prevent when online (even though I'm not great with the market, I'm good with minor values and know when people are being ripped off.) This list, although a good attempt, can't account nearly enough for all the variables involved which is why I feel few will follow it.

Last edited:

furchia

S Sneasel and the offer of 5m while it worth around 20m
who tell you that? sneasel is t1 now, will you pay 20m for s bat? i have some. it may cost like this when some time will pass, and wide mass of players will leave as always. but for now i guess almost everybody will have 1 s sneasel even without ms (except shodan of cause) :p

Kingstone

I like this idea, I've been thinking about the idea of '' prefixed '' values for some time, obviously we have no way to determine the exact value of each pokemon, but a base of most values of each pokemon could help a lot of people.
Examples: Growlith Shiny would be within the range of 1m to 10m, Caterpie Shiny from 100k to 500k.
Something along these lines, I think would be useful for some players, new or old.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I think it would need to have a vast range of price for each one. However many players already give price checks, the main issue is just greedy players/ scammers who work together to rip off others. IDK, maybe go by tiers/location totals, give wide price ranges, give lists of exceptions, account for shiny values, account for rare moves, account for fluctuation of economy. To go through with these variables on pokemon on an individual basis would be damn near impossible to do both in trying to reach common agreement and the simple act of the time that it would take going through and labeling all of them. Idk, maybe this could work (especially if receiving info from somebody such as kingstone who knows these markets well and is very fair with pricing) but it's not going to be the simplistic task that its believed to be. It's going to take tons and tons of time and effort. If its just something thrown together it wont work. ;) You gotta give 1,000% plus ultra! :D

Last edited:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Recently, I proposed to Staff an idea for an NPC-generated "random" auction which would see players bid for a Pokémon or Item reward that would not be revealed until the auction was completed. As part of this proposal, I have been contemplating a mechanic that would allow prices in a trade to be standardised, but still allow a modicum of variance. I don't wish to discuss my full proposal publicly at this time, but to give an idea on the latter point - if any of you have played Runescape, think something along the lines of the Grand Exchange. I do emphasise, however, that this is merely a proposal.

shodan21

Youngster
I don't wish to discuss my full proposal publicly at this time, but to give an idea on the latter point - if any of you have played Runescape, think something along the lines of the Grand Exchange. I do emphasise, however, that this is merely a proposal.

unfortunately, the GE is very prone to price manipulation, usually by bot farms. also, street prices of very valuable items often dont match the GE mid price, since most trades of such items are not done on the GE and thus are not tracked.

i think a general guide price like what the GE provides would be useful, so players can know if someone is trying to rip them off or something, but even that would be difficult to handle when things like the current event happen and a previously very rare shiny becomes much more common.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
For the sake of simplicity, you could check how many of a certain pokemon are on the server, and set the price for it. If the number of them climbs to double what it was at the time the price was set you can halve the value.

Nshims

Hi, hi, i think is possible to get a pretty consistent algorithm that predict pokes price based on ivs and some other variables such as is S or not, needed ivs are optimal or not, is 20+, 25+, 28+ and probably others.

Is been like 3 years now that i'm trying to find good algorithm that can do this task but the main problem is lake of data, if is possible to create a database that contain some real pokes well labeled i think i can manage to adapt a perceptron algorithm in to some thing that can predict a pretty close price for a given pokemon ivs and national id.

But a major problem is the time evolution variat that will be hard to estimate essentially caused it will need to track all sales and predict how things are evolving, without a time track evolution is like being trapped in a specific moment in time, so prices will always be related to this specific moment.

But is possible to deal with this problem just by constantly adding new pokes into the data base and removing the old ones, or just update them all.

It can be a challenging project but still possible if done progressively.