Spring Swarm at the Safaris

Sweetboi

Youngster
There was a suggestion that I think was well thought of. They suggested that it would be a nice idea to have the Easter event held at both Kanto and Johto safaris.

The idea would be to create a swarm by reducing their tier levels of each Pokemon - preferably Eevee the spring bunny, Chansey the egg sharer and Munchlax/Snorlax the one that gets full off of eggs and chocolate. In addition we can see the temporary return of some past spawns such as Togepi and Barboach.

During the spawn event only the players can have a free pass into the safari zones. As for the time limit, it can either be extended/removed or if it stays then it would be cool to a minor quest that involves the use of the timer.

I think a swarm idea like this would be good if staff are too busy for any major events.

I've mentioned what i have on my mind so far, any addition to this idea; feel free to comment below

- Sweetz out <3

gingerprimarina

Youngster
Great idea so far. :D Hope it works out ;)
Btw, this idea suggestion was given by me and the topic was made by Sweet.
Thank you for entering my idea and it would be cool if a easter swarm like this could happen. :)

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
There was a suggestion that I think was well thought of. They suggested that it would be a nice idea to have the Easter event held at both Kanto and Johto safaris.

The idea would be to create a swarm by reducing their tier levels of each Pokemon - preferably Eevee the spring bunny, Chansey the egg sharer and Munchlax/Snorlax the one that gets full off of eggs and chocolate. In addition we can see the temporary return of some past spawns such as Togepi and Barboach.

During the spawn event only the players can have a free pass into the safari zones. As for the time limit, it can either be extended/removed or if it stays then it would be cool to a minor quest that involves the use of the timer.

I think a swarm idea like this would be good if staff are too busy for any major events.

I've mentioned what i have on my mind so far, any addition to this idea; feel free to comment below

- Sweetz out <3
I would be fine with this if as suggested it was free to enter and no time limit

gingerprimarina

Youngster
Well yeah, in my personal opinion, it would be cool to have different spawns like togepi, wynaut, happiny, munchlax, etc. and such and not have those pokes repeated again, since they were featured in previous events.

shodan21

Youngster
chansey and exeggcute were in the pinkan island event, but have to go back quite a ways for any of the others. most recent other than pinkan would have been snorlax and rhyhorn in cryo/pyro from xmas 2018, iirc. eevee hasnt been in an event since ive been here, although riga did a couple eevee swarms back in the day...

Boydigo20

Hi, I'm your new player, someone explains to me what the events consist of and when the Easter event took place, I wanted to buy tickers to exchange an egg
thanks

thunderclap

Youngster
I'm not necessarily advocating a swarm, but I'll give my input in case there is going to be one. Assuming this would be just a low-key regular swarm, I think it'd be a good time to dial back the precedent we've just set of having super-generous blockbuster T1 spawns during every special occasion. The last three events were awesome and I'm satisfied if not exhausted... and player numbers are good so I don't know if we really need a swarm. Imo if there is a swarm we should act to manage expectations or there won't be any rare/valuable pokes worth hunting left.

My thoughts of things that might be good:
-All high levels (70-80). There is a big cash shortage right now...
-Lots of T2 pokes (any shinies caught will not likely be the same ones.. helping prices stay high).
-Few T1 pokes (to discourage running and promote perceived chance of T2+ shiny).
-No T5s (since swarms are short duration and most won't be able to find them).
-At least one battle-worthy pokemon for battle people
-Releasing evolved forms preserves value of unevolved forms (Ponyta, Phanpy) and gives more Pd+EXP for killing

General spawn suggestions (for any map/area). Loosely it's kinda a springtime/farmyard theme with some randomness. This might be too generous.

T1 easy: Tangela, Tangrowth (good money-makers)
T1 hard: Rapidash, Bellossom (Bellossom is cute filler..)
T2: Tauros, Miltank, Donphan (high demand pokes but few if any shinies will probably be found)
T3: Aipom, Smeargle (the barn mouse and farm dog)
T4: Budew, Togepi
T5: None

Note: Budew and Togepi both evolve with Shiny Stone. Maybe an NPC could sell them for like 999 dropped items. The NPC could maybe also sell 3-day memberships for 999 more dropped items (to promote springtime mass-killing).. and ... more Friend Balls for sale?

The Safari idea is good except between kanto/johto, land and water, it's ~12 different maps/sets of spawns. It was hard enough coming up with that one list. It'd be a lot of effort for staff for a short-time swarm, and not really enough time for players. However, it's easily solved if you close off some sections.. Zone 1 only perhaps.

Last edited:

Klay

Youngster
Hi, I'm your new player, someone explains to me what the events consist of and when the Easter event took place, I wanted to buy tickers to exchange an egg
thanks

There's no Easter Event going on nor scheduled (staff tends to tell in advance), whoever told you there'll be one is probably a huge liar and untrustworthy being (or a staff member, and you're bad at hiding secrets)
When an event are about to be live, we can see multiple announcements, on discord, forums and twitter (and sometimes on playerdex), and there's a yellow login message ingame telling people where to go