Spectate Tournaments / Battles

Degesinho

Youngster
Website
www.twitch.tv
Hi everyone

Yesterday just talking to the guys on a discord server, I came up with the idea:
If this would be possible
In tournaments or events about pokemon battles
Being able to have a chance to see the fight within the game. (Maybe it's not even in the plans of the staff but I wanted to let you know the idea)

Pro's:
It could be seen in real time and shorten the time to record, edit and upload the video to the networks
This would obviously help to know the outcome of the battle.

Incentivize players to hunt the best pokemons for battle

Prizes in Tokens if possible / Shiny Rare. Depending on whether or not the event is official or who organizes it

Have a good week!

whisMEAT

Youngster
I like the idea but there is a huge con's: revealing nearly or all moves and evs to every possible opponent. could be better on random battle

Degesinho

Youngster
Website
www.twitch.tv
Solo los espectadores podian ver, porque los que pelean solo pueden pelear y no ver el juego desde otro lado ya que se veria dentro del juego (Como en league of legends)
Además, también podría limitarse a un árbitro que se asigne para dicho combate. y para batallas aleatorias sería buena idea que todos las vieran.

whisMEAT

Youngster
i forget about that but still anyone can spy as a spectator. not for that battle being held but for the next one. like, i can see someone's pokemons and moves, and at the next fight i can arrange my team directly to counter it.but if it is final or rb then it may be ok.

Lobonatico

I do think staff already have a spectate command to see your screen exactly like you see. At least, that's how it was before. Therefore, perhaps the responsibility of recording ends up with them. Like from time to time they could spectate both players during the battle or even each one at the same time for the finals and upload the results.

Idk the decision should be made by the participants and staff, if willing. But the CON could be that takes much time to build a pokemon in a competitive way, some finds are unique, takes even more effort to change it with Move-tutor/TMs disposal, for some players that could means that is very likely they use this same pkm at other battles/tournments which can turns into an overall disadvantage for them.

lWtRl

Youngster
I do think staff already have a spectate command to see your screen exactly like you see. At least, that's how it was before. Therefore, perhaps the responsibility of recording ends up with them. Like from time to time they could spectate both players during the battle or even each one at the same time for the finals and upload the results.

Idk the decision should be made by the participants and staff, if willing. But the CON could be that takes much time to build a pokemon in a competitive way, some finds are unique, takes even more effort to change it with Move-tutor/TMs disposal, for some players that could means that is very likely they use this same pkm at other battles/tournments which can turns into an overall disadvantage for them.
What about spectating battles from a third-party perspective? Would be cool if we could spectate battles without knowing the EVs/ IVs of the Pokemons involved in the battles. Maybe the battlers can have a list of players who allowed to spectate from a third-party perspective that are selected by them. So, as for any Tournament games, the battlers can let someone stream or record the battle (of course from a third-party perspective, just like spectating games in Showdown). That way other players can also watch the replays without knowing the details of the teams.

Well, Idk if that is possible or how difficult it is to make that possible. Just a suggestion.

whisMEAT

Youngster
What about spectating battles from a third-party perspective? Would be cool if we could spectate battles without knowing the EVs/ IVs of the Pokemons involved in the battles. Maybe the battlers can have a list of players who allowed to spectate from a third-party perspective that are selected by them. So, as for any Tournament games, the battlers can let someone stream or record the battle (of course from a third-party perspective, just like spectating games in Showdown). That way other players can also watch the replays without knowing the details of the teams.

Well, Idk if that is possible or how difficult it is to make that possible. Just a suggestion.
evs maybe hidden, mostly, but moves cant.pre registtered works better for this imo. some moves are given but some moves,especially tutor ones, have a suprise element.

justme1306

Youngster
evs maybe hidden, mostly, but moves cant.pre registtered works better for this imo. some moves are given but some moves,especially tutor ones, have a suprise element.
there could be an option on playerdex/in game just like trade/friend/battle request to disable it so people cant watch your battles