Some important moves.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
It has been a great success for the battle system so far , I was just wondering if some more moves would be fixed in fact that would make battles more fair especially since most of the battlers battle with no switch and lots of buffing (stats boosting) moves are used so i think these moves would be great to have their effects in battles in fact it will help in countering and it will add new techniques to some battling pokemon :
Knockoff , dragontail , haze , sandtomb , firespin , protect , detect , rollout , iceball , Fly , dive , dig , lightscreen , reflect , magiccoat , bugbite , wish , defog

P.S : If I found out some more important moves to be fixed i'll edit the post.

Thanks.

Fadoka~

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Fadoka said:
It has been a great success for the battle system so far , I was just wondering if some more moves would be fixed in fact that would make battles more fair especially since most of the battlers battle with no switch and lots of buffing (stats boosting) moves are used so i think these moves would be great to have their effects in battles in fact it will help in countering and it will add new techniques to some battling pokemon :
Knockoff , dragontail (and the fighting type counterpart which name I forgot) , haze, protect , detect , lightscreen , reflect , bugbite , wish,

Quote slightly edited (removed moves I don't think to be as important, justification below). Also about knock off, the thing that made it viable was the power buff it got on gen 6. Before that happened, it was a move that saw little use because the utility factor wasn't enough to consider it a valid option on most cases

sandtomb, firespin, whirlpool, clamp and so on - not really worth a slot for the most part... out of all trapping damage moves the only one that is worth considering on sets is infestation because of the 100 accuracy it has and that move has only been available since gen 6 (with shuckle being the only poke i can think of which could consider said move for a slot)... perish song and block (spider web, but nothing remotely viable learns it) may lack the damage but do a far better job as trapping utility

rollout/ice ball - starting damage output too low to be considered viable (only starts to hit hard starting from the 3rd turn, which ends up giving 2 'free' turns for the opponent to adapt and counter

fly/dive/dig - only works against people who don't know much about battling (the 'invulnerability turn is pretty much a free turn against anyone with some battling knowledge), far better suited for game progression than for pvp

Now to mention a few moves i see missing from the list and that I don't know if they have already been correctly implemented or not (something I'm too lazy/too busy to check), might edit this later if I come across any other moves worth using

Trick/switcheroo - Used by some choiced pokes as a way to disrupt the opponent or in situations where they'd benefit from not being locked in a specific move

Mr.Paleo

Heal Bell, aroma, counetr and m.coat are working from ages now xD

Edit:
I want to kick up at that list :
- Pursuit,
- Lock On,

Donar

Pursuit should already be working, if it doesn't please report it on the bug catcher with details on how it is broken and I'll see to fixing it.

After the server restart at 10 AM UTC today the following moves should be working:
All partially trapping moves, Haze, Detect, Protect, Quick Guard, Reflect & Light Screen

As for Knock Off and other moves involving replacing / switching held items will have to wait for a bit longer until some needed changes to the battle system are finished.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Donar said:
Pursuit should already be working, if it doesn't please report it on the bug catcher with details on how it is broken and I'll see to fixing it.

After the server restart at 10 AM UTC today the following moves should be working:
All trapping moves, Haze, Detect, Protect, Quick Guard, Reflect & Light Screen

As for Knock Off and other moves involving replacing / switching held items will have to wait for a bit longer until some needed changes to the battle system are finished.

Thank you Donar :)