Small size PC

MaxBlade94

i really dont like the new poke pc looks im a collector and i wanna see my poke full size in pc as it was before that was one of the main reasons why i play pwo rather than other pokemon mmos out there even my friends liked how it was but other changes our cool and thanks for working hard for the game i also seen some other people complain about new pcs look. again apparicate the work and respect it but i loved the old version of it

Deep-Blue

i agree with u the update was cool cause of so many boxes but it was surprising to find them small :/

Boora

Youngster
i understand why it was made, but i gotta say, it actually hurts my eyes to look at the pc for more then a few seconds, :/ would be nice if we could make it bigger

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Yea I mentioned this in game a few days ago after I saw Donar's sneak peak and was hoping to see him before it happened to ask if it was the final product. I really hope its something that can be patched easily cuz this is gonna take so much getting used to.

Mega.S

Nice function, but really small...
I also dont like it so small.
Is good if we can have this functions in previous one... I really like the previous visualization system...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I can understand the complaints - I will admit on a personal level, I was not keen on this change either. However, there is reason for the change; and this is my understanding of the whys (Donar can correct me if I am incorrect on some of these points or there were additional considerations beyond these - I was on a break around the time this was implemented):

The move to use smaller sprites was partially down to authenticity - actual Pokémon games use the smaller sprites in the box system - but also was done for space reasons. Up until now, the PWO Client showed 18 Pokémon per page; and the size of the sprites made it near-impossible to add many more to the original layout even if the GUI had been widened accordingly. As the new box system fits 30 Pokémon per box, a compromise was needed to allow the larger number of Pokémon to completely fit on-screen.

Partar94

i agree with Blade.. the update is awesome but i liked to see my pokes full size.. i get the reason Jinji said but i think there will be a way to have the pc as it was and keep the boxes too :)

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Could you expand the background of the box to cover the box buttons? It can be a bit annoying to look at them while they're floating there, the colours and the pokecentre tiles don't go together very well :p

the-AvaTaR-ang

i agree , the update was cool except for the small size PC i really liked the old one =)

kadari

really this size of pc is so small.....i cant even see pokemons clearly in the box so please try to extend the size of pc to visual the pokes clear :)

lWtRl

Youngster
I agree with blade94 too. Although the recent update is really amazing, the size of the box is a little bit small which I find it difficult to see the pokes in it. As for this problem, I hope the size of the box could be increased in order to make the pokes clearer. Thanks for the nice update and hardwork tho!

MaxBlade94

i know this is an update but at least should be a little bigger. for example 30 Pokemon instead of 24 Pokemon per box perhaps more size can grow.

Mega.S

Any news about this?
I think number of players online already decrease since box is so small...
For example i lose many time looking for my pokemons and see his IVs.. Now i just cant looking for that box so small...

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Mega.S said:
Any news about this?
I think number of players online already decrease since box is so small...
For example i lose many time looking for my pokemons and see his IVs.. Now i just cant looking for that box so small...

It has already been explained that the sprites were made that size for a reason. We have some great DEVs with us now that can overcome a lot of the issues set in the old server and client codes and have made great progress for us in the game over the last year and more- but some things are still restricted by the base coding. This is not to say that a solution will never be found, but for now this is the best that can be done

The boxes are now able to be sorted for the very first time, more fixes or tweaks to the system may follow when possible but for now this is the solution that was found to allow that to happen.