Slaking can't learn rock slide ( for some people yes, no)

Yasuozix

Hey, today i lent my slaking to Siauwlong so he can learn him rock slide, then he sent me an SS saying that slaking can't learn this TM. (ROCK SLIDE).
SS : http://prntscr.com/4ikvx7

And as I said, for some people yes. Darcia tried to teach it Rock slide and it worked.

SS: http://prntscr.com/4il231

Hope this doesn't get IGNORED and that it gets solved asap when available.

ty.

Darren.

Youngster
Re: Slaking can't learn rock slide ( for some people yes, no

my slaking can only learn flamethrower

mad30

Youngster

Ignore what? Can't see anything with that tiny screen shot. How the &*$( is anyone suppose to troubleshoot the problem with that little bit of information?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

I suspect someone is trolling here with certain screenshots.

Why do you think slaking should learn rock slide? It has been the policy in the past to restrict slaking's moveset due to it being overpowered in PvP, so just because the handhelds say it should learn a TM move, it doesn't mean that PWO allows it.

If you think that slaking should have access to TMs it doesn't currently, provide reason for that and they will be considered.

Also now that abilities have begun to be implemented we could look at introducing slack off ability which would allow us to de-nerf slaking completely.

The-Predator

Youngster

HitmonFonty said:

Why do you think slaking should learn rock slide? It has been the policy in the past to restrict slaking's moveset due to it being overpowered in PvP, so just because the handhelds say it should learn a TM move, it doesn't mean that PWO allows it.

If you think that slaking should have access to TMs it doesn't currently, provide reason for that and they will be considered.

Also now that abilities have begun to be implemented we could look at introducing slack off ability which would allow us to de-nerf slaking completely.

I have faced some slakings with rock slide, flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, etc, I can tell theres a problem since I have seen em in battle from many players, not sure if they taught those moves before they were restricted from slaking though

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

KPyppo said:
HitmonFonty said:
I have faced some slakings with rock slide, flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, etc, I can tell theres a problem since I have seen em in battle from many players, not sure if they taught those moves before they were restricted from slaking though

I'll see if I can find out.

Yasuozix

HitmonFonty said:

Excuse me? Sorry but I don't loose my time on trolling because its useless and waste of time. I was just reporting it because i thought it was one.
Don't just come to me and say that im trolling because thats like disrespecting someon, I came to play this game and to report bugs to help it grow and
this is what I get from a staff "I suspect someone is trolling here with certain screenshots". Thats not the way to express.

Anyways, do as you please.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

5aloodio said:
Excuse me? Sorry but I don't loose my time on trolling because its useless and waste of time. I was just reporting it because i thought it was one.
Don't just come to me and say that im trolling because thats like disrespecting someon, I came to play this game and to report bugs to help it grow and
this is what I get from a staff "I suspect someone is trolling here with certain screenshots". Thats not the way to express.

Anyways, do as you please.

I didn't accuse you of trolling at all, but the person who made those screenshots. So unless you are Darcia there's no need to take offense. :)

Aingaran47

HitmonFonty said:
KPyppo said:
HitmonFonty said:

I'll see if I can find out.

To make it easy for you... I know a player named Reivie has a S slake with Solarbeam and T-bolt tm on it..!

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster

Some people are immune to rules in PWO now, didn't you know? Rules are just silly little suggestions anyway apparently.

Nikola

Youngster

I have both flamethrower and thunderbolt on slaking. I remember teaching those few months ago. I am not able to teach thunderbolt anymore. I see people having rock slide on slaking, I believe they learned those at the same time I learned thunderbolt. Someone has been messing with the move mapping, only logical explanation. Chances are, when we had that small rollback that some of the updates were gone with it. You know that a lot of moves got broken that time. As for trolling, this is how I did it..simply switch Pokemon leaving TM pop up: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndARbh4ozw

Yasuozix

Darcia said:
I have both flamethrower and thunderbolt on slaking. I remember teaching those few months ago. I am not able to teach thunderbolt anymore. I see people having rock slide on slaking, I believe they learned those at the same time I learned thunderbolt. Someone has been messing with the move mapping, only logical explanation. Chances are, when we had that small rollback that some of the updates were gone with it. You know that a lot of moves got broken that time. As for trolling, this is how I did it..simply switch Pokemon leaving TM pop up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndARbh4ozw

I troll nah but srs how does that slak have rock slide ( reive ones )

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

So to add the serious question again, since I'm sure more than a few slaking owners are watching this topic...

We now have many slakings ingame with moves not intended for them. What would you suggest we do about that?

We could remove all those moves to make it fair.

We could allow it so that slaking can learn the TMs it should without any nerfing. Again this would be fair to slaking owners but at least one of the consequences of this could be more 'no slaking' battles demanded ingame.

We could look into adding slaking's ability and remove all nerfs.

We could do something I haven't thought of, or nothing at all.

Discuss. :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster

Add slaking's ability and it won't be a problem. Especially since there's no switching usually. I don't know what the flaw is in doing this.

The-Predator

Youngster

What Eco said, just give the ability to Slaking then complaints will be over

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Do you guys own and battle with slaking? It would be good to know if the players who are fine with the ability being added are slaking owners or not.

The-Predator

Youngster

HitmonFonty said:
Do you guys own and battle with slaking? It would be good to know if the players who are fine with the ability being added are slaking owners or not.
I have faced slakings it usually takes 2 of my pokes down before i kill it, anyway Why u ask? Do u mean if slackers dont want the ability then it wont be added?? Thats the way slaking is suppose to be with truant ability, making a move every 2 turns, it has legendary stats imo, so best thing so far is to give the ability and take off the restrictions

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

WishMaster said:
HitmonFonty said:
I have faced slakings it usually takes 2 of my pokes down before i kill it, anyway Why u ask? Do u mean if slackers dont want the ability then it wont be added?? Thats the way slaking is suppose to be with truant ability, making a move every 2 turns, it has legendary stats imo, so best thing so far is to give the ability and take off the restrictions

I ask so we get opinions from everyone, not just players without slakings and not just players with slakings.