Should we be able to just neglect the Farfetch'd to its fate?

I say let it live leekless! How about you?

• Total voters

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
The Farfetch'd leek quest is tedious and iirc serves no real purpose other than a timely road block. But ofc, that could just be me. What are y'alls thoughts?

whisMEAT

Youngster
As someone who hunts with a Farfetch'd we seek your wisdom @DeZoLa . I know some of that wisdom, you may skip the scary parts...

thunderclap

Youngster
Can't really remember this quest well but I know people complain about it occasionally. IIRC the main issue is that the hidden item can appear on bushes you've already checked. That isn't very obvious.

So if that's the issue, and people think it needs change, maybe the NPC could say "make sure to RE-check ALL the bushes"... or just modify it so you only have to check them once.

Not sure if removing the quest altogether is good, since content is content, and most quests are annoying to some degree.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
At one point, it was possible to search one of the bushes *outside* of the main area, something that was even missed by some members of the testing Staff. I don't know if this was ever changed; but I do believe the quest was redeveloped at some point to allow the Leek to appear in spots you've already checked because people continually miss particular spots; and it was felt this would reduce some of the annoyance. That said, it's been so long ago I don't remember what the actual original design was for the quest, so I could be totally wrong about this.

Isguros

Youngster
At one point, it was possible to search one of the bushes *outside* of the main area, something that was even missed by some members of the testing Staff. I don't know if this was ever changed; but I do believe the quest was redeveloped at some point to allow the Leek to appear in spots you've already checked because people continually miss particular spots; and it was felt this would reduce some of the annoyance. That said, it's been so long ago I don't remember what the actual original design was for the quest, so I could be totally wrong about this.
What if you wouldn't be able to find another leek after you've previously checked that bush?

Isguros

Youngster
What if, after you've unsuccessfully found the Farfetch'd's leek in a bush, you wouldn't be able to look in that specific bush any longer; eliminating one of the possibilities and therefore increasing the odds.
It would put a halt to much of the RNG and possibly tell players that they're on the right track.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
What if, after you've unsuccessfully found the Farfetch'd's leek in a bush, you wouldn't be able to look in that specific bush any longer; eliminating one of the possibilities and therefore increasing the odds.
It would put a halt to much of the RNG and possibly tell players that they're on the right track.
I'd support this tweak.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Nice idea. :)