Shortcuts

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Earning badges to open up alternate routes from one place to another, but a more direct route without grass or NPCs for those of us that want to avoid those things.

This causes no harm to those who want to battle, and enhances the experience of those who don't. And before anyone suggests these routes could be made convoluted to waste our travel time, no. Just straight paths to where we want to go.

A cable car to Mt. Silver is nice, but one that takes me to the entrance of the 5th floor is more practical. A bike path would be nice too. It's just so tedious having to walk the predictable route around the edges circling closer to the destination. The path across Nugget Bridge to get into Cerulean Cave is absurd. By now, if it were more realistic, people would have opened a more direct path.

Having more direct paths feels like a nice reward for completing the story.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Not sure if I support the idea of shortcut routes per se, but I do agree that the game could do with more transportation options, and I like the idea of the badges unlocking them.

Isguros

Youngster
There's already an NPC that brings you to the 5th floor of Mt. Silver (technically there are 2 NPCs, 1 that brings you to Professor Adena's lab, and 1 over there that gets you to 5F)
I'll give you this, though: it's a hassle to get to the Cerulean Cave. Not sure if that's a cause for a shortcut, since it's not that much of a hike, but just the 6 NPCs you'll have to battle to get there. Having to have to re-battle them all the time is the real culprit in this situation; if there finally was a way to make them not run up to you, that would be ideal. I don't really see any reason to slightly decrease some of the frustration with those mechanics just to to not have to deal with the issue.