"Shiny Sparkle Off" Option

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
The Sparkles can be Obnoxious, and some of us think there should be an off button for them.

Personally, I think there are 2 that are more obnoxious than the rest and want to edit the pictures, but that's beyond my software.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
The Sparkles can be Obnoxious, and some of us think there should be an off button for them.

Personally, I think there are 2 that are more obnoxious than the rest and want to edit the pictures, but that's beyond my software.
I agree with this 100%! LOL as crazy as it may sound I really dislike the constant sparkles. I'm okay with it sparkling once like in official games but to be on constantly just bothers me for reasons I cant even explain x_x

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
In PWO Program Files
Skins > Default > Delete or Rename the 'Sparkle' folder
That should disable the sparkles.
No point of having this an as in-game option since you won't regularly be toggling it on and off.
Actually, its not as simple as that. As you can see below, if you remove or rename the "sparkle" folder it puts a big white box over shiny pokemon, you basically get white squares in battle, in boxes, and in your team line up. Those are actually worse than the over the top and ridiculous sparkles LOL
Screenshot_1.png

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Screenshot_2.png

Thanks @Nshims! Your fix worked! (Apparently you must replace all 70 "sparkle files" with invisible pictures)

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Haha I was afraid this would happen, the client puts a white box if it doesn't find a picture in the program files. So you just gotta replace all sparkles with a blank image.

Glad you worked it out though, if possible attach the new Sparkle folder here so others who want to do it in the future can avoid the hassle.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Haha I was afraid this would happen, the client puts a white box if it doesn't find a picture in the program files. So you just gotta replace all sparkles with a blank image.

Glad you worked it out though, if possible attach the new Sparkle folder here so others who want to do it in the future can avoid the hassle.
Yeah, that's a great idea, I'll do that soon!

German-Cano

It's a great idea to have this in the game, I did it manually leaving the invisible images in place of the originals
Ninetales.png

Jobey

Jr. Trainer

Here is a link to the blank sparkles document for any interested.

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Glad that works.

But I still have the problem of 2 of the sparkles being obnoxious. I tried to delete them once, but I lack proper editing tools, so when the file comes up it blocks out my pokemon with a white square. I basically need every image slightly modified.

shodan21

Youngster
Glad that works.

But I still have the problem of 2 of the sparkles being obnoxious. I tried to delete them once, but I lack proper editing tools, so when the file comes up it blocks out my pokemon with a white square. I basically need every image slightly modified.

paint.net - thank me later.

TrainerGaruga18

Tenho uma dúvida. Olho na dex do game e não mostra o nível que o pokémon evolui para a última forma. Tenho um Graveler, um Nidorina, um Nidorino e um Bellsprout e nenhuma mostra o nível de evolução para a última forma. Porque? É necessário algum item? O jogo tem que a desejar nas auto-explicações e na grande falta de HM's! Derrotei três ginásios e não vi nem a sombra de nenhuma HM! Como obtê-las?

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Tenho uma dúvida. Olho na dex do game e não mostra o nível que o pokémon evolui para a última forma. Tenho um Graveler, um Nidorina, um Nidorino e um Bellsprout e nenhuma mostra o nível de evolução para a última forma. Porque? É necessário algum item? O jogo tem que a desejar nas auto-explicações e na grande falta de HM's! Derrotei três ginásios e não vi nem a sombra de nenhuma HM! Como obtê-las?
The game has no HMs, they aren't needed, the levels for those pokemon to evolve doesn't show because they don't evolve by level. Both Nidorina and Nidorino evolve with a moonstone, weepenbell evolves by leaf stone, and graveler evolves by trade.

shodan21

Youngster
... why do so many people just pick random threads (either on here or, worse, on the playerdex suggestions) to ask totally unrelated questions that are easily answered by the wiki...