Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saric

Youngster
Merse said:
There are already many steel (Steelix, Scizor, Foretress), dark (Tyranitar) and ghost (Gengar, Misdreavus, Froslass, Dusclops) types in the game...
I don't think that's what they meant. Pretty sure they meant different types/variations of pokes (instead of just having shinies, could have metallic versions, ghost/dead versions, or darker versions/variations of pokes).

rohan94117

i think the shiny rate for ms remain same i.e 1/2048 but i think u should change the shiny rate change of non ms to 1/3rd that of ms i.e 1/6144 it would help both ms and non ms...
i think finding shiny in non ms is like finding needle in haystack !!!

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Shiny Pokémon aren't meant to be easy to find. They're supposed to be something that makes you feel special simply to have found one.

Puar

Youngster
The problem with raising the shiny rate is similar to the problem in the us with gun control. There are too many Shinies in the economy as is and whenever people quit they just end up giving their pokemon away so there is an over saturation of shiny pokemon. The only ones that would be hurt is newer players. The oldplayers are all sitting on plenty of shiny pokemon and im sure wouldnt mind seeing the prices go up. I think the best way for the shiny rate to be changed and effect everyone equally would be to change the rate when a new region/mass amount of catchable pokemon happens. This way EVERYONE has an equal stab at catching the new pokemon for the entirety of their existence in pwo and those from the latest generation would be held in much higher regard than the over saturated 1st and 2nd gen counterparts

rohan94117

Jinji said:
Shiny Pokémon aren't meant to be easy to find. They're supposed to be something that makes you feel special simply to have found one.
i agree with u but one will almost faint for finding one with non-ms,i think i have almost killed 8000 pokes but i didn't got any shiny and just giving a few dollars i ll king and can find shines easily ..... and u cannot find one single shiny if u sit 24hrs on pwo and u can easily find one in 2-4hrs with ms think abt it

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
rohan94117 said:
Jinji said:
i agree with u but one will almost faint for finding one with non-ms,i think i have almost killed 8000 pokes but i didn't got any shiny and just giving a few dollars i ll king and can find shines easily ..... and u cannot find one single shiny if u sit 24hrs on pwo and u can easily find one in 2-4hrs with ms think abt it

The issue is talking about making the chance directly harder for members. Not non-members. :]

Merse

Youngster
Since I got known with the fact that shinys were elite Pokemon in the first generation only, I was thinking a lot about the reduction of the shiny chance. Now I see a possible solution. Why don't we make shinys to work like in later generations, so they are not necessarily super strong? In this case the SC should be left as it is now, because shinys would be only collector Pokemon and not must haves for PvP.

PokMaster-Jiyosei

Hmm i strongly agree to changing the shiny rate to 1/4096 for membership owners and 1/80xx for non MS players because membership players find it easy to hunt for shinies but us (non MS players) it's an event to be celebrated like someone above me said and that should for everyone not an easy task for membership owners .
Plus , the membership bonuses are already good so nerf the shiny rate a bit to be fair for others who can't offord donating.
However thanks for even considering it :D

MaddHappy

Merse said:
Since I got known with the fact that shinys were elite Pokemon in the first generation only, I was thinking a lot about the reduction of the shiny chance. Now I see a possible solution. Why don't we make shinys to work like in later generations, so they are not necessarily super strong? In this case the SC should be left as it is now, because shinys would be only collector Pokemon and not must haves for PvP.

I agree, with Merse. But since its so hard to find shinys, why not make them have a random stat at 28-32. Just a thought since they are shiny and are special.

Also why not have a type of shop which Staff members will take the Shiny pokemon from players and in return they will be allowed to pick an UC pokemon from the store depending on the number of Shinys they turn in. This will reduce the number of Shiny in game and will start a slow change to the way the Shiny in the game appear.

Joxen

I really don't want to get attacked by people here but the 300% increase in shiny chance is a pretty big perk that comes with membership. I'd safely assume it stands out the most and if that's halved then it might hinder the rate of donations. But I do agree that there are too many shiny pokemon in-game right now. It's much too easy to get a shiny that you want as opposed to a non-member hunting forever and not finding anything, If the rate of encounter were to be decreased, other bonuses that come with it should be upped in order to appease the paying members. I would think that it has to be something that stands out, but yeah, I digress.

BeLLyFiZzLe

DUDE!!! No way!!! I really think it shouldn't change as its such an incentive to becoming a member!

RayzeR

hellraiser said:
is hard to find a Shiny poke even with membership why to decreese the chance on getting one? i even play some times 4 days without finding any S poke, and i play at least 6-8 h per day, maybe non-members will agree on this because the shiny rate change wouldn't affect them at all.

me 3days after MS and still not found any shinies :))

-my suggestion, make event for 3days every month for membership = 300% shiny rate increase, for non membership 75% increase O:)

Wambleeska

It's not about farming.I've found a shiny in my first day then i couldn't find any ??? It's also about luck.In brief they're already hard to find there is no need to drop the rate.

rohan94117

have u guys changed the encounter rate for ms????? bcoz i feel like it is changed and m nt getting any shinies past 5-6 days with 10-12 hrs of huntiing

Naero

rohan94117 said:
have u guys changed the encounter rate for ms????? bcoz i feel like it is changed and m nt getting any shinies past 5-6 days with 10-12 hrs of huntiing

No decision has been put into motion yet. The change is still under contemplation, and there is no positive consensus for it yet to my knowledge. Shall any changes be made, it will be announced somewhere, such as the forums, to inform the masses.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
I know nothing has been done to the rates but I can tell why people thinking it has. Even I am beginning to think this way with how scarce I've been finding shinies these past few weeks.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Not to be mean or harsh, but every time shinies or membership discussions come up, people keep thinking there have been changes. :p Sometimes they come up randomly, too. >_< It's all blind luck, and a few people having low shinies doesn't mean anything is different.

During the event I found 2 swinubs within a week, for example. :p

Pokemaster828

I do not agree with the people who say shinys are easy to find. I pay for a membership, which means my rate is supposed to be 1/2048. I have only ran into an S Tentacool in vermillion and a S Parasect in Cerulean Cave. And I know I've encountered way more than 7000 pokemon. That's ridiculous. And I've only ran into one HR, and that was a stinking Gyarados that I could've obtained easily by catching a magikarp and evolving him. If anything, the VR HR and Shiny rates need to come down. At least on the more popular pokemon. I know this is nothing like the gameboy games, and everyone tells me this game is supposed to be harder to keep you playing, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a normally common pokemon like Mantine. It also shouldn't be so hard to find a Pikachu. In the nintendo games I never had to search anywhere near as long inthe viridian forest or the power plant to find a pikachu. Yes they didn't show up as much, granted, but they weren't almost impossible to find. Same can be said for Staryu and other common pokemon that magically are scarce in this game. It needs to be brought down. If the shiny rate is going to go up, then fine, but bring the VR and HR rates down to a more reasonable rate. It's a fair compromise I think.

Merse

Youngster
Shiny chance doesn't mean that from 2048 encounter 1 always be shiny. SC in fact is a dice roll with a 2048 sided dice, which is rolled every time you encounter a Pokemon. 1 side says shiny the rest says non shiny. Now you can imagine how unlikely it is to find a shiny even with membership.
For the VR/HR chance I agree in that the encounter chance based on pure luck is rather unfair and annoying and something should be done with it (but not reducing their chances). But this topic is about the shiny chance and not rarity, so let's stay on topic :)

CoolKnightST

Pokemaster828 said:
I do not agree with the people who say shinys are easy to find. I pay for a membership, which means my rate is supposed to be 1/2048. I have only ran into an S Tentacool in vermillion and a S Parasect in Cerulean Cave. And I know I've encountered way more than 7000 pokemon. That's ridiculous. And I've only ran into one HR, and that was a stinking Gyarados that I could've obtained easily by catching a magikarp and evolving him. If anything, the VR HR and Shiny rates need to come down. At least on the more popular pokemon. I know this is nothing like the gameboy games, and everyone tells me this game is supposed to be harder to keep you playing, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a normally common pokemon like Mantine. It also shouldn't be so hard to find a Pikachu. In the nintendo games I never had to search anywhere near as long inthe viridian forest or the power plant to find a pikachu. Yes they didn't show up as much, granted, but they weren't almost impossible to find. Same can be said for Staryu and other common pokemon that magically are scarce in this game. It needs to be brought down. If the shiny rate is going to go up, then fine, but bring the VR and HR rates down to a more reasonable rate. It's a fair compromise I think.
ROM rates (gameboy game)
The original game was limited with there rates and only could use these values to list pokémons. Mostly the most rare pokémon was arround the 5%. Add the start of the game there where no pokémon that you could encounter below the 6% (arround the first gym).
  • 20%
  • 20%
  • 10%
  • 10%
  • 10%
  • 10%
  • 5%
  • 5%
  • 4%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 1%

Shiny rate is 1 in every 8192, or 0.0122% on the encounter rate itself. So let say for an horrible rare shinys is 1/204.800

Pwo Player based rates
  • Common: 1/2-1/10 (10% - 50%)
  • Rare: 1/10-1/100 (1% - 10%)
  • VR: 1/100-1/1000 (0,1% - 1%)
  • HR: 1/1000-1/10000 (0,01% - 0,11%)

Pwo official rates
  • Common - 0.05 or bigger (5% - ...)
  • Rare - 0.005 or bigger (0,5% - ...)
  • Very Rare - 0.0001 or bigger (0,01% - ...)
  • Horribly Rare - everything else... (...)

Shiny rate: Member: 1/2048 | Non-Member: 1/8192

So for an free player an horrible rare shiny is about 1/204.800.000 and 1/51.200.000 for member. These rares look high but in an world wide game it's not.

There's no way you can compaire this with the original game. The rare rates have got about an differents of 100000%. Means that rare pokémon are 1000 times harder to catch than in an rom game. In an room game you could encounter an horrible rare about every 20 pokémon. During this is an MMO rarethy needed to be increase else rare pokémon wouldn't be rare add all. Secondly for training some levels you easy encounter more than 100 pokémon. I would be rediculus if every training you would encounter these rares.

Shiny rate isn't even changed add all compaired with the ROM game. Member currently even have about 4 time more chance to encounter one!!!. An big fault since we came to an point that shinys aren't an big of an deal anymore. In theory shiny should also drop 1000% but that would kinda ruin it don't you think.

So even if the member chance is reduced to let's say 50%: 1/4096. That will still mean member have to encounter 25.600.000 les pokémon to encounter an rare shiny. It's not sure but that look already an serious advantage to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.