Shiny Colors

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Custom shinies I am not a fan, but custom normal pokes and unique anime pokes yea. I always wanted to see some seasonal themed pokes, shadow pokemon and even one offs like a surfing pikachu(that cant be evo'd) and crystal onix etc.
Just adding different coloured shinies of current pokes will finish kill off my reason and drive to hunt.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Ramensnoodle said:
Custom shinies I am not a fan, but custom normal pokes and unique anime pokes yea. I always wanted to see some seasonal themed pokes, shadow pokemon and even one offs like a surfing pikachu(that cant be evo'd) and crystal onix etc.
Just adding different coloured shinies of current pokes will finish kill off my reason and drive to hunt.

Different coloured shinies wouldn't necessarily mean that you lose the original ones in the mix. As I suggested we could just make certain locations have those colours so you could hunt what you wanted when you wanted to. Just local variations. That way you would just get a random colour when you're looking for the traditional one. We could also pick maps that aren't used for other hunts, making useless maps useful for some collectors and again not randomly appearing when you're wanting your luck to be used on something else in that map. :)

thunderclap

Youngster
What if all novelty shinies were albinos (white)? That'd make it easy to keep track of them. They could have 0+ or 10+ ivs but easier rarity. Event/swarm time limited only. Only 1 or 2 new shinies per event. Imagine having an all-albino shiny team with dusclops, rhyhorn, gengar, kangashkan, etc. They'd make good collector's items.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Ramensnoodle said:

Different coloured shinies wouldn't necessarily mean that you lose the original ones in the mix. As I suggested we could just make certain locations have those colours so you could hunt what you wanted when you wanted to. Just local variations. That way you would just get a random colour when you're looking for the traditional one. We could also pick maps that aren't used for other hunts, making useless maps useful for some collectors and again not randomly appearing when you're wanting your luck to be used on something else in that map. :)

This is sort of how I'd expect a it to be done and still not a fan of recolored shinies. Unless this comes with an option to completely op out from encountering any custom colored shiny. That way players that want it can have it and those like me if any won't encounter them.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I don't really love the idea of this. It's been done before in other games, and the results were...odd? Sometimes alienating?
At a surface level, it is harmless. But on a deeper level, it's a design crutch and doesn't really help the game in a meaningful way. Don't have ideas for new content or don't feel like adding new content?
More alternate cosmetics! More events! The game will stop feeling stagnant for a week!

Eeehhh no thanks. It turns into a design crutch, and even if staff don't fall into that pit, it will always be there waiting like a bear trap.
I'd be for something that idk, adds a new gameplay element. Something like heavily tweaked, balanced and polished shadow pokemon mechanics. That generally adds something.

Boora

Youngster
Honestly it'll sound bad but with the current player base it'll be a waste of time to do something like that, i think priority should be to get more people playing

LunaticJames

Content maker
The forums are back /o/
wheee

So this the sort of alternate colours I was exploring way back then, there were only a handful made also so not the whole Pokedex. And yes Ramens, they were Shadow Pokemon. I made these back in 2012, lol.

XWVp6k8.png

whisMEAT

Youngster
The forums are back /o/
wheee

So this the sort of alternate colours I was exploring way back then, there were only a handful made also so not the whole Pokedex. And yes Ramens, they were Shadow Pokemon. I made these back in 2012, lol.

XWVp6k8.png
damn it looks cool. normal shinies are mostly lame colored. just personal opinion , people like those shinies then non-shini pokes

justme1306

Youngster
yeah that would be fun - atleast hunting shiny common would be more fun - since thats pretty much what you got lol people would try to get them and it would help the economy but hey thats my opinion - im happy luna atleast understand the idea - it would make hunting a lot more fun - doesnt ask too much work to do also

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Of course you all know this would only lead to me taking on the form myself and making endless jokes about being the "Shadow Shadow Pokémon" ;)
(Though those who know me well enough will know this is a joke I've made many times before)

whisMEAT

Youngster
an idea that im not satisfied with. but saying just may be spark some other ideas. in one rpg,baldur's gate, some spells were named after their inventeors. what about pwo artist having certain pokemons(shinies) designed and alike. well it may not be " james's poliwag" , i can see, but we can compansate it with forum and similar event-like things. it doesnt need to be huge repoirtoire, just some pokemons. though im my self not that convinced with this idea:D

civilian

It's an odd suggestion, but i can't help myself making things even more odd. Make those new colorfull shinies all IVs -9.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Look at me all logged in and stuff.

I'm not at my pc right now, but I've already made a select bunch of special shinies for use in-game a few years back from a failed event idea.

I don't like the idea of just using Nintendo's ways of special shinies (Crystal onix) and would rather original versions. However the reason the idea was rejected in the first place was because it could become too gimmicky.

But that was then. I'll post some art over the weekend to gauge feedback and then consider how to go forward.
can't see ur post even after months -_-