Server in Ruins?

Marcos-san

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all;

As you know, the server today has only given one miserable fall...

JUST A FALL???

So far there are 6 hours of waiting (remembering that I have been counting since 7 o'clock in the morning in my country) and we don't see the server so far repaired; and to top it all, we do not see any staff positioning on this issue! Without further ado, I demand to know the cause of this awkward sudden moment before I begin to think about how much worse the days can be for this game. :-/

justme1306

Youngster
lol dude just take a deep breath ... server has trouble for few hours and i am sure staff working hard to bring it back. they work and have real life too so we just can wait they bring it back hopefully today. it wont change number of players cause most of them are regular so it wont increase for sure but wont decrease.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hello

Sorry about the delay in restarting the server. Unfortunately it appears every member of staff which had server access was inactive.

It has since been restarted.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just for future reference, server downtimes are fully explained here on the server status page:

https://pokemon-world-online.net/serverwatch.php

The server stability has improved beyond expectation thanks to Donar's efforts since he became DEV here but the server itself is still far from perfect. It needs constant monitoring including checking all crash logs to make sure any issues there that need to be attended to are at the earliest opportunity. (To note, having the auto rebooter that is described in the above link on means having no crash logs to check.)

This all happens fairly regularly without it being fanfared. As well as server staff monitoring the game as often as they can and making themselves available in case it does go down. Please just bear this in mind before making future demands on their free time to help keep your free game running and updating as best they can- which is very well indeed.