Rig Project Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombjackninja

Heyy ADM Rigaudon : I have been searching for an Electabuzz at Power Plant in kanto . 80 hours down the line, i still have not found a single Electabuzz. And i have stayed inside power plant for minimum 78 hours including time for other activities. Could you please take a look at it ? Thank you so much .
p.s i dont feel anything is wrong with the game, might just be blatant badluck , and its starting to get to me now and it'd be reassuring :) if you could just look into it . thank you :)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Bombjackninja said:
Heyy ADM Rigaudon : I have been searching for an Electabuzz at Power Plant in kanto . 80 hours down the line, i still have not found a single Electabuzz. And i have stayed inside power plant for minimum 78 hours including time for other activities. Could you please take a look at it ? Thank you so much .
p.s i dont feel anything is wrong with the game, might just be blatant badluck , and its starting to get to me now and it'd be reassuring :) if you could just look into it . thank you :)

Sure thing. I'm not fussed to take a look, just keep in mind it might take a while to gather any solid data. I'm also a bit busy this holiday season, so sorry if there isn't word back for a bit. ;)

Bombjackninja

Rigaudon said:
Bombjackninja said:

Sure thing. I'm not fussed to take a look, just keep in mind it might take a while to gather any solid data. I'm also a bit busy this holiday season, so sorry if there isn't word back for a bit. ;)

thank you :D i literally screwed up my biological clock searching for it xD lol xP thanks alot ! and no need to apologise ! i look forward to it patiently :)

mad30

Youngster
Wow, this is almost done... Good work, I was afraid this would get half way and stop.

Rigaudon

Youngster
mad30 said:
Wow, this is almost done... Good work, I was afraid this would get half way and stop.

We are not to be underestimated! I will say this has been the most trying project I've ever attempted in PWO though, which is saying something.

Rigaudon

Youngster
1) Updated wiki
*Added Johto Block 6 rarities and notes
*VISUAL ONLY: Tier 1s and 2s more clearly defined on Kanto Spawn Testing page.
---Pika changed to Tier #4 to reflect existing rarity chances.

2)Horsea Scale rate buffed.
3) Delibird/Jynx rates changed to reflect intended rarity label.
4) Hitmon appearance zones checked and confirmed as proper.

Had a fun discussion about voucher prices with players/staff. Overall, a productive day.
I only posted this to let people know Johto Block 6 rarities are now public.

mad30

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
Had a fun discussion about voucher prices with players/staff. Overall, a productive day.
I only posted this to let people know Johto Block 6 rarities are now public.
is there any record of said discussion?

Rigaudon

Youngster
Mad: It was a spontaneous ingame chat, so no logs. Alas!

Donar went ahead and adjusted the rarity labels to be public. Hooray! We'll be working with tweaking/polishing the ranges, so you may see some Pokemon switch tiers for some time while we balance everything.

This also means the ingame /list function will be the most up-to-date way of checking rarities.

Just remember we still have 2 blocks left in the project, so Johto locations from badges 7-8 + Mt Silver and Dragon's Den still have pending changes. Take care.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Block 7 released ingame.

Locations:
Route 44, Ice Path, Blackthorn City, Route 45, and Dark Cave East have had their spawns updated.

Happy Hunting. Dragon's Den and Mt. Silver are in the next (and final) block.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Unsure where else to paste it so I'm putting it here. Transparency within PWO has been going well so far so I might as well post these things as I consider them.
This is more of me being a nerd a thought drop. Not a project update.

After doing a bit of research and a bit more schooling, I've learned that I've been unofficially acting as what is called a producer in the game industry. Producers kind of oversee a game and schedule/budget for it and its prioritized features - sort of like a project manager, but our team is on the small side (ESPECIALLY FOR AN MMO) so it works out better to merge these things when person who has the interests to do so shows up. Of course, since this is a passion project, people on the team can decide to do something else and flip the schedules/plans on their head, making that whole "scheduling" thing a bit of a pain. We also "finance" with our time and motivation instead of cash; throwing money at people for a job well done will smooth over a lot of motivation issues, but that's just not an option here.

So, some background. I currently understand dependencies as assets/production steps that are required to be made before other work can be done. For example, you can't animate a 3D character before actually modelling and rigging it. You can't script a quest before writing it. Simple in concept, yes, but it can balloon, and unexpected/unplanned dependencies can screw up everything.

I also read a bit about the management concept of dependencies within a team and how reliance (and chaos that comes from it) multiplies for every person on the team. Since PWO has about 13 active members, there are around 78 potential instances where a snag can occur at any time (in theory). But, for example, artists and GMs don't normally have much of anything to do with eachother, so some groups interactions are much less likely to be necessary than others.

But that independence is actually a rather large exception in PWO. A simple quest with a new map, for example, will probably have 21 easy opportunities for snags to occur. Somebody needs to make the map, somebody needs to make the scripts, somebody needs to put the map in the game, somebody needs to oversee the designs and approve it, somebody needs to be there for players/oversee the initial release, somebody needs to test and give feedback. The groups with the most interdependence are, I would argue, the Dev and Scripter groups.

Here are some consistent inter-dependencies between groups that I have noticed:
Admins & GMs
GMs & GMs
Art & Devs
Scripters & Devs
Scripters & Admins
Scripters & Mappers (and Admins here also, half of the time)
Devs & Admins
Mappers & Devs/Admins

I noticed that CG is sometimes part of this, but rarely. It is a very independent group, and I wonder if that is partially why I'm struggling with keeping them inclusive despite there being a lot that we need CGs for/would really benefit from. Hmmm. Most people don't really care for this stuff, so I'll have to look at this on my own time.

It's easy to lose yourself in your own self assurance or your lack of confidence.
The other groups made fun of our ugly art, but their own team artists, despite being skilled, never pulled through despite the sneering. We were the only people with a game by the end of it.

Sweetboi

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
Unsure where else to paste it so I'm putting it here. Transparency within PWO has been going well so far so I might as well post these things as I consider them.
This is more of me being a nerd a thought drop. Not a project update.

After doing a bit of research and a bit more schooling, I've learned that I've been unofficially acting as what is called a producer in the game industry. Producers kind of oversee a game and schedule/budget for it and its prioritized features - sort of like a project manager, but our team is on the small side (ESPECIALLY FOR AN MMO) so it works out better to merge these things when person who has the interests to do so shows up. Of course, since this is a passion project, people on the team can decide to do something else and flip the schedules/plans on their head, making that whole "scheduling" thing a bit of a pain. We also "finance" with our time and motivation instead of cash; throwing money at people for a job well done will smooth over a lot of motivation issues, but that's just not an option here.

So, some background. I currently understand dependencies as assets/production steps that are required to be made before other work can be done. For example, you can't animate a 3D character before actually modelling and rigging it. You can't script a quest before writing it. Simple in concept, yes, but it can balloon, and unexpected/unplanned dependencies can screw up everything.

I also read a bit about the management concept of dependencies within a team and how reliance (and chaos that comes from it) multiplies for every person on the team. Since PWO has about 13 active members, there are around 78 potential instances where a snag can occur at any time (in theory). But, for example, artists and GMs don't normally have much of anything to do with eachother, so some groups interactions are much less likely to be necessary than others.

But that independence is actually a rather large exception in PWO. A simple quest with a new map, for example, will probably have 21 easy opportunities for snags to occur. Somebody needs to make the map, somebody needs to make the scripts, somebody needs to put the map in the game, somebody needs to oversee the designs and approve it, somebody needs to be there for players/oversee the initial release, somebody needs to test and give feedback. The groups with the most interdependence are, I would argue, the Dev and Scripter groups.

Here are some consistent inter-dependencies between groups that I have noticed:
Admins & GMs
GMs & GMs
Art & Devs
Scripters & Devs
Scripters & Admins
Scripters & Mappers (and Admins here also, half of the time)
Devs & Admins
Mappers & Devs/Admins

I noticed that CG is sometimes part of this, but rarely. It is a very independent group, and I wonder if that is partially why I'm struggling with keeping them inclusive despite there being a lot that we need CGs for/would really benefit from. Hmmm. Most people don't really care for this stuff, so I'll have to look at this on my own time.

It's easy to lose yourself in your own self assurance or your lack of confidence.
The other groups made fun of our ugly art, but their own team artists, despite being skilled, never pulled through despite the sneering. We were the only people with a game by the end of it.

I noticed you saying you didn't have a place to paste information like this Rig. So in future I attempted making a new thread in the "General Talk" section that you and other staff members can use if it's helpful to you. I made a thread similar to it, but unfortunately it got closed down a while back. Now you and other staff can have a place to discuss their information.

Rigaudon

Youngster
I noticed you saying you didn't have a place to paste information like this Rig. So in future I attempted making a new thread in the "General Talk" section that you and other staff members can use if it's helpful to you. I made a thread similar to it, but unfortunately it got closed down a while back. Now you and other staff can have a place to discuss their information.

Thanks! I'm treating this as sort of an occasional Dev Diary, if that makes sense. I didn't really discuss this with other staff and it was a harmless internal thought I could share with players if they cared, so I put it here.

Sweetboi

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
I noticed you saying you didn't have a place to paste information like this Rig. So in future I attempted making a new thread in the "General Talk" section that you and other staff members can use if it's helpful to you. I made a thread similar to it, but unfortunately it got closed down a while back. Now you and other staff can have a place to discuss their information.

Thanks! I'm treating this as sort of an occasional Dev Diary, if that makes sense. I didn't really discuss this with other staff and it was a harmless internal thought I could share with players if they cared, so I put it here.

You're welcome, anything to make life easier for our staff members, you guys look after us players. So the least I can do is look after our staff members and try to entertain PWO players when I can (I wanted to think of a mini easter even i could come up with but nothing's hatched in my mind yet).  It's great to hear that you succeeded over a team that had a few skilled members and that's gotta be something to be proud of.

The-Joker

that's tiers was fail.

ENOUGH of the BUREAUCRAUCY in the game, i think 12 hrs is the maximum for a tier 5, 7 vouchers for a iten is to expensive and Takes a long time to achieve.

the game is very hard for news players !

This is two of the reasons that the game is dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.