Rig Project Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Good Evening. I am one of the Administrators for the game. I primarily focus on content management, feature organization and design processes.
Don't post ban/donation issues here or PM me about them. Go through the proper channels on the Playerdex, please! Just because I can do almost anything doesn't mean I should do almost everything.

"But what do you actually do in PWO?"
I manage the implementation of all things involving maps, NPCs, and spawns. As such I do more inner-staff organization than actual major content or coding implementation. This means I do a bunch of work, but not all of it is easy to put down on a change log. Just know that I am responsible for priorities, quality of design, remembering who is doing what and why, making sure GE, CG and GM staff get the tools they need, making sure the updates come out at a realistic and reasonable pace, etc. This is the meat of my responsibility.

That being said I sometimes focus on or help with side projects like temporary events or quests. That, too, is logged within titled spoilers for the convenience of the curious. I am also one of two staff working on the "Spawn Project" (more on that below).

(Also I'm very chatty, so you might see me ingame asking random things in order to know the community and what they like.)

NOTE: Sometimes I am a planner and implementer of updates, while at other times I do not implement but do design and/or manage them. It can be hard to define what I do on a changelog, so keep that in mind when sorting through this list.

•[December 2016] Year tie-up, suggestions, organization of next year's focus, winter event.
•[August -> November 2016] Concept management and organization for Fossilween event
•[Feb -> August] Inner management, lots of beta testing frankly
•[Jan 2016] Block 7 of Johto added ingame.
•[Jan 2016] Battle section of forums now open. Prize Corner voucher prices reorganized + a couple of items make their appearance there. Hello rarity label polish.
•[Jan 2016] Updated wiki to Johto Block 6. Buffed Horsea Scale rates. Lots of other minor things that aren't exciting but like to eat up time. Hoorah.
•[Dec 2015] Worked with this month's event + fixed/updated/polished several pieces of the forums.
•[Nov 2015] Block 6 of Johto added ingame. This includes the addition of Unown to the Ruins of Alph.
•[Oct 2015] Block 5b of Johto added ingame. The entire Johto Safari Zone has been redone - drastic changes to the maps, spawns, etc.
•[Oct 2015] Block 5a of Johto added ingame. This includes the addition of Shuckle.
•[August 2015] Block 4 of Johto added ingame. This includes a pending relocation of Shuppet.
•[August 2015] Block 3 of Johto added ingame. The biggest change is Sudowoodo's pending relocation. For now, you can't find him ingame.
•[July 2015] Block 2 of Johto added ingame. Includes King's Rock available from Politoed.
•[June 2015] Block 8 of kanto and Block 1 of Johto added ingame.
•[May 2015] Fixed the Hitmon issue in Splitting River Reserve. They should *only* appear in their designated areas, so please let me know if weird things are still happening.
•[April-May 2015] Oh geez so much testing. And prodding at people to do things.
•[February 2015] Added Block 7
•[February 2015] Made a more long term, if still not ultimately temporary, change to the broken Hitmons. They now appear in any SRR section but to compensate for that, they're now harder to find than before as well.
•[February 2015] Added NPCs that make the new cooldown gym leader system pretty clear to whoever talks to the "Gym Tips" NPCs.
•[February 2015] Removed the Diglett Cave fee. It's now free to transverse B1F.
•[January 2015] Temporarily adjusted gym leader cooldown times to be less punishing for new players. While it's nice to have had the honors to do this, I was just the person who was around and could do it at the time. :T We'll polish the gyms up even more later if everything goes according to plan, with dynamic rebattle times instead of static but less-evil cooldowns. So, keep an eye out for that.
•[January 2015] Fixed/Adjusted a bunch of spawns, making them more reasonable. [See: Spoiler for "Block 1 - Block 6 Polish"]
•[January 2015] Removed catchable Pokemon from the Pokemon Store
•[December 2014] A bunch of maps for Christmas Event, helped apps to adjust to being full staff, and the typical management and communications work.
•[December 2014] Block 6 released.
•[November 2014] Halloween Event Misc. Help
•[October 2014 ]Weekend Event - Holodeck 1 w/ Leaf Fang Forest and Spider Woods
•[September 2014]Additional TMs added to the game
•[August-September? 2014]Worked with staff to make some temporary changes to vouchers, and to add Dragon Pulse tutor to Dragon Club.
•[August 2014]Deleted Big Dawg in Saffron Station Entrance - it was redundant to have 2 NPCs that do the exact same thing in the same city.
•[August 2014]Made Route 40's Meredith (Dragon Scale Quest) have Fog Badge requirement instead of Storm Badge.
•[August 2014]Fixed small issue regarding Ruins of Alph spawns.
•[August 2014]Trick Tower Weekend Event
•[July 2014]Buffed Route 45's levels. They should give actually alright exp now, including that tiny dratini skin pond.
•[July 2014]Created an NPC in Kanto Safari Zone 1's doorway that asks if users want to leave the area. (No more accidentally walking out the door!)
•[June 2014]Began Spawn Project. This is an ongoing project with approximately one block being released every month or two.

SPAWN PROJECT

I'll only be listing changes I find important/think should be publicly stated; we'd be here all day otherwise. Please not that specific Pokemon will be easier to find in some places than others, and I want to let people discover those secrets themselves.

For those of you who have not heard of the Spawn Project:
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32160

For those of you who want to give feedback on the Spawn Project:
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32376

•Give value to more maps through various methods, such as adjusting spawns or levels to give them different purposes. This includes balancing one region with the other in mind.
•Make Fishing both more useful and more bearable ( hopefully less "not even a nibble!" messages and fishing-only spawns/advantages.)
•Make sure the Pokemon fit the maps they are appearing in.
•Analyze NPC dialogue, placement, and exp gain.
•Distribute spawns in a way that gives us more resources for events or future content.

Kanto has been redesigned in full, and we're currently working on Johto. The goal is to finish a block once every week or two.

Tha-Kram

Re: Spawn Project Changelog

*route 22 - Poliwhirl added as surf spawn
*route 10 - Electabuzz added

I stumbled upon those things earlier, so maybe it's better to add those too ;)

Diablo1134

Awesomeness. You should think about kings rock drop ;D nice updates, although on route 8 i encounter Meowth almost every time, you guys should look into that. ??? overall, awesome updates! Thanks.

DeZoLa

Youngster

nice update ! keep the great work :) .......( only houndour,gloom,murkrow are affected by day/night??)

Rigaudon

Youngster

Thought it would be good to bump so that people can know that a quest was fixed. (I won't bump this for smaller updates or progress logs.)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Good Evening, PWO.

I was not the only one to work on this, but this is the most fitting place I could think to announce this change.
Gym Leaders now gift an expanded selection of TMs. Once you beat a gym leader, it will unlock as a purchasable item in a Department Store once you have 9+ badges. 6-7 new TMs were introduced.

List:

Unlocked with Johto Badges:
Low Sweep
Swagger
Dragon Claw has moved to blackthorn; Dragon Pulse replaced its purpose earlier
Flash Cannon
Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
Shadowball

Unlocked with Kanto Badges:
Rock Tomb
Psychic
Stone Edge

A few other released TMs, such as Psyshock and Icebeam, have also been tied to the gyms. The other released TMs were either already distributed by Gym (ex: Toxic) or are still available via quest (Ex: Thunderbolt).

The TMs differ by mart to prevent users from getting fairly powerful TMs too early. If you started in Johto, your native TMs are in Kanto. If you started in Kanto, your native TMs are in Johto. Nothing aside from having gym badges is required to unlock these TMs.

Thank you for your time.

Dragon16

Youngster
the locations of the TM's are switched,
Johto:
Rock Tomb
Psychic
Stone Edge

Kanto:
Low Sweep
Swagger
Dragon Claw has moved to blackthorn; Dragon Pulse replaced its purpose earlier
Flash Cannon
Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
Shadowball

Rigaudon

Youngster
Sorry for the confusion. It is listed by the region you unlock them in. Have edited the post to make that clearer.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Well since strangely no one else has mentioned it, I'd like to thank you for this update :-\

ImmaPotato

awesome work dude. just a little suggestion could u allow us to buy multiple TMs at the same time. gonna need quite a few to edit moves

Edit: also it seems when i'm buying the TMs it no longer mentions the TM number so if u could add that it'd be helpful for people like me who have horrid memory xD

Sylpharionz

What happened to the TMs from vouchers? For example, since Aerial Ace is sold in department store now

Aingaran47

Great guys..! but Its really Annoying :mad: That We Have To Buy Each Tm one by one.. And Not In Bulk Or 30 At A Time..! If Possible Kindly Do Something So It Will Be Easier To Buy In Bulk..!

BorneoBoys

Aingaran_47 said:
Great guys..! but Its really Annoying :mad: That We Have To Buy Each Tm one by one.. And Not In Bulk Or 30 At A Time..! If Possible Kindly Do Something So It Will Be Easier To Buy In Bulk..!
Yeah I agree, take so long time to buy several TMs that we want... So Rig, make we could choose how much number we will bought.

Teesel

Sylpharionz said:
bivu said:
Sylpharionz said:
What happened to the TMs from vouchers? For example, since Aerial Ace is sold in department store now

there are new TMs there

Oh what are they? There's no log for it

Acrobatics for 1 voucher, Focus Blast and Gyro Ball for 3 vouchers. I don't know about TMs in Tier 3 for 7 vouchers

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
bivu said:
awesome work dude. just a little suggestion could u allow us to buy multiple TMs at the same time. gonna need quite a few to edit moves

Edit: also it seems when i'm buying the TMs it no longer mentions the TM number so if u could add that it'd be helpful for people like me who have horrid memory xD
Granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.