Repurposing NPCs

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
It would be nice if NPCs were worth something. Make their pokemon levels based on the team the player is carrying like you do for Mewtwo and Sudowoodo. If I have level 100 pokemon, then at least make theirs level 80 to put up a fight. Though, I don't really want to see level 80 Metapods, especially since I don't even want to see these level 15+ metapods/ Kakunas. No reason they cannot be evolved.

Also, this would come with a boost to the amount of money they would give. Then players would at least maybe want to log on every 2 weeks just so they can farm the NPCs, like a "Daily Log On Rewards" thing but with a bit more work involved.

I don't think this would prove to be too big of a problem since it is extremely limited farming. It is like a quest where players go find NPCs to faint. Hopefully this could provide enough boost in money to get players to stay a little longer. An extra 2 mil per month from this would provide enough boost to keep my interest.

Make a nice large map that is like a maze and have tons of NPCs in there hiding for us to hunt down and kill. That'd be interesting.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Would be nice, although I think their first encounter levels should stay the same and only 2nd encounters on get the scaled leveling. I like this, nothing more annoying than having to rebattle useless NPCs every 2 weeks. I have been saying since I started the auto rebattle should be removed as it has driven me to the point of exiting the game before because it's such a waste of time (idk what's so difficult about making it where you simply push spacebar to rebattle but w/e). Atleast with this idea the annoyances of auto rebattles will atleast be worth your time (although would like a combo of this and triggered rebattles lol)

LaxiusGames

"Make a nice large map that is like a maze and have tons of NPCs in there hiding for us to hunt down and kill. That'd be interesting."

Interesting indeed (^0^). I would like to see that. *laughs very hard*

Klay

Youngster
For once, I'm not against one of your suggestions

The cash thing can also be pretty interesting AND help new players getting more cash when they start: when you battle for the first time a NPC, you get 5000pds, when you rebattle it once, you get 2000pds, and after that first rebattle, you always get 500pds
Ofc it'd be set at 500pds if you already battled it twice before the update

BUT if it goes live, because NPCs poks would give more exp, I'd half all exp from NPCs once a player get all badges from their starting region

For the map, doit.

orange = example

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I think their first encounter levels should stay the same

I agree with this. I am not sure how it all gets programmed to know what the difference is between that and just letting it scale for the 1st encounter, but if it isn't too hard to add a bit of code to Lock the initial battle to a certain level enemies then this is what I would expect to be implemented.

GuiiHenrique

I agree it would be interesting to tackle npcs with lvl similar to mine, but I think increasing the prize pool in pds would be a simplistic way to try to improve the economy. I do not believe that lack of money is responsible for causing many players to move away from the game, nor do I believe that facilitating the way to get pds is responsible for getting those players back into the game.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Though, I don't really want to see level 80 Metapods, especially since I don't even want to see these level 15+ metapods/ Kakunas. No reason they cannot be evolved.
I like your whole suggestion, but this part is what I agree with the most. I'm very curious as to what Lua makes possible for having teams change and adapt on the fly, as I also believe team changes between encounters should be more of a thing.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
With Lua, it would be possible to code it so alternative pokemon could be given depending on the level. It would just require a bit more thought to add the support for it from the staff member who codes the NPC.

As for what to base levels from, this is also something a staff member could possibly add support for.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster

whisMEAT

Youngster
well, a cheesy style may be just increasing level. a level 80metapod axtually beneficial if u are training a ghost poke or pretty much any poke from very low levels. though level80-100metapod and caterpie is lame and absurd......but realistic as people trains and keeps them and fight to npcs with baby pokes (totally not klay). not a fan of the easy exp,but ill exploit it if i get to chance \o/