Remove ignore button from pwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSTheLuckyOne

Guys if you don't like Gingy's idea then don't bombard her with degrading comments. Everyone has the right to free speech and while ya'll may have your own opinions you don't have to, "Hang her up and crucify," her opinions! So maybe instead of attacking someone just keep your mouths shut and stop bullying until you can find something nice and constructive to say. Thank you.

Isguros

Youngster
Disclaimer: the following is solely for the purpose of coming up with a suitable solution, it's not my intention to disrespect people with what I'm about to say, I always try to be as objective as I can be; for this is neither the time nor place to settle personal scores.

There's a whole lot of confusing stuff going on in this thread, so let me start by addressing the issue that's most confusing to me: the name change.
I'm very well liked and nobody has ever /ignored me, so I might not fully comprehend the deeper dark meaning behind that word, but to me it sounds like 'ignore' is the least harsh word out of the three of them. 'Mute', a term that's already used elsewhere (which might cause some confusion) means you're unable to speak, so muting one is to take away their ability to speak, if someone is being 'blocked' it means they're being stopped from doing something; both of names sound harsh to me, since they imply to strip the recipient of features they're accustomed to. 'ignoring', however, doesn't appear to do such a thing... well, at least to me it doesn't. But like I said, I don't understand why merely changing the name of the exact same command would lessen the emotional impact, so if you could please explain that, it would certainly help.

To briefly go over the rest:
I'm all for reintroducing a temporary ignore command.
If someone wants to appeal their ignore, the most reasonable way to do so (according to myself) is if there was a section for it on the Community Watch.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
I can agree to re-introducing a temporary ignore command, which doesn't fully take the power away from it and also keeps the negativity at bay.

Isguros

Youngster
I guess I should have copied the previously used disclaimer, but besides the name, what makes /ignore so horrifically powerful, while /block "is the best for keeping unwanted players at bay."?

gingerprimarina

Youngster
I guess I should have copied the previously used disclaimer, but besides the name, what makes /ignore so horrifically powerful, while /block "is the best for keeping unwanted players at bay."?
Isguros, that's enough.

ShinyMuskyEZ

Youngster
Excuse me, I ate all of my pop corn, can someone buy or give me some more please?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
It seems to me that this thread has created some hostility between certain PWO players, and numerous posts have strayed away from the key purpose of this discussion, which was merely to raise a point about PWO's confusing /block and /ignore system and suggest alterations. As it so happens, this is actually something we're already looking into for a future update; though this is not something I myself am involved with and I wouldn't want to annoy the relevant Staff by saying something I wasn't meant to at this time, so I'll leave it at that. However, given this fact and considering the conduct of certain players here has actually led to multiple reports to the Staff, I will take this opportunity to close this thread at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.