Remove ignore button from pwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
Really now, so people that disagree with your suggestion should not comment? Then whats the point in making it a suggestion, just post on your guild forum so you can make everybody agree with you.
Sure, I'll leave "Queen". ;)
I won't further comment.

That's cheap.

whisMEAT

Youngster
You should just get off from my comment section.
Ill do so cos im bored and will do it as long as you dont accuse me anymore. would be nice to have an ignore option right now amirite? ;)I thought you were talking on behalf of the "entire" community and i was about to learn manners, i missed the opportunity it seems.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
Ill do so cos im bored and will do it as long as you dont accuse me anymore. would be nice to have an ignore option right now amirite? ;)I thought you were talking on behalf of the "entire" community and i was about to learn manners, i missed the opportunity it seems.
I'm talking on behalf of the entire community, that excludes you and Jobey.

DH94

Youngster
I will restrain from commenting on peoples views on this but will rather say what I think on the subject.
My two cents on this feature is that it is flawed in some ways like in the case of Musky and me, I used this feature multiple times but all it did was make the chat impossible to understand since you're missing half the conversations and the person you ignored could be making comments about you, that you would not even see (not that Musky would) plus its usually just a thing you do in anger and when you cool down it makes you realize you might have overreacted :p
There are cases where people chose to ignore common decency and start chatting in their native language in global or all for a long period of time (different problem of itself) that requires you to use ignore them, but in cases like that a time limited block for like a day would be more appropriate for such situations.
There are "people" (scammers and such) tho that I wish to never talk to again, active or no.
So to summarize I think there is no one feature/button that will solve all those issues all at once so it comes down to staff to make a decision on how to change this in the future.
Thanks you Gingy for stepping forward and pointing out a problem so people might share their thoughts and experiences on the matter.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I'm talking on behalf of the entire community, that excludes you and Jobey.
But this is what interests me though? How are you speaking on behalf of the entire community when more of the community is seeming against your idea? Have you truly become this out of touch? This isn't me trolling, this is a serious question. And even if more of the community was for your suggestion than against it, how can you possibly be talking n behalf of the entire community? Did every single player come up to you and ask you to make this suggestion for them? This is the problem, you go on a rampage the moment people disagree with you because you feel that only your idea, only what thoughts you are thinking should be the only thoughts that matter.

Genos-!

The thing that hurts the most is the name "ignore" . If the admins can change the name that will be great cause Ignore hurts more than bieng bullied . it also damages relationships because you no longer trust the person who has hurt you. Without trust, there is a loss of social connection. You start to feel isolated, and that makes you feel bad and sad. Your brain is a social organ.

Klay

Youngster
For the temp block feature, you guys do realize nobody forces you to read what people say, right?
Either go in another channel (or another map if Global channel is the new portuguese channel and it bothers you for some reason) or grow up and learn to ignore the chat

gingerprimarina

Youngster
But this is what interests me though? How are you speaking on behalf of the entire community when more of the community is seeming against your idea? Have you truly become this out of touch? This isn't me trolling, this is a serious question. And even if more of the community was for your suggestion than against it, how can you possibly be talking n behalf of the entire community? Did every single player come up to you and ask you to make this suggestion for them? This is the problem, you go on a rampage the moment people disagree with you because you feel that only your idea, only what thoughts you are thinking should be the only thoughts that matter.
I refrain from commenting. As far as I've seen, people went out of line in this thread.

Not stating their opinions respectfully is my problem.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I refrain from commenting. As far as I've seen, people went out of line in this thread.

Not stating their opinions respectfully is my problem.
But the issue is how can you go on about disrespectful opinions when you yourself are notorious for them (geez, if not for the edit button, I'm not sure what you would do for your "image").
I agree though, opinions should always be respectful, but the issue usually arises when somebody gets offended by a non-disrespectful opinion and they in turn relentlessly become disrespectful in their response which in turn causes others to be disrespectful back and it just snowballs into a cluster of drama and anger that just continues to escalate. Nobody wins when that happens.

Klay

Youngster
The thing that hurts the most is the name "ignore" . If the admins can change the name that will be great cause Ignore hurts more than bieng bullied . it also damages relationships because you no longer trust the person who has hurt you. Without trust, there is a loss of social connection. You start to feel isolated, and that makes you feel bad and sad. Your brain is a social organ.
If someone ignores their "friend/coworker" (because if someone ignores you and you're no friend with, why would you care?) , it's for a reason, and that "friend/coworker" better think about what they did instead of just calling "bully!" like a child

gingerprimarina

Youngster
But the issue is how can you go on about disrespectful opinions when you yourself are notorious for them (geez, if not for the edit button, I'm not sure what you would do for your "image").
I agree though, opinions should always be respectful, but the issue usually arises when somebody gets offended by a non-disrespectful opinion and they in turn relentlessly become disrespectful in their response which in turn causes others to be disrespectful back and it just snowballs into a cluster of drama and anger that just continues to escalate. Nobody wins when that happens.
You can speak for yourself.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
You can speak for yourself.
You mean I can now? Awesome, that's all wanted!
As for me, this is my thought simplified to the point...
If you want to remove block or ignore, block should be removed because that's the more simple solution as it has the greater coverage of the two.
As for the term "ignore" being offensive, I'm sorry that such a word can cut so deep and hope you do not let it control your life. Keep in mind that on PWO when you get "ignored" on such a game, that it matters very little irl and in the grand scheme of things. Does it suck being "Ignored"? Absolutely, its like a cannon ball shot directly to your pride, but it's not the end of the world, and you just have to accept that not everyone will always like everyone and simply move on.

With that said, I will now move away from this forum. I wish everyone the best! Take care!

Genos-!

there are sometimes misunderstanding between ppl and if there is no other way to contact the user who has ignored u , u cant tell the user who is ignoring u that it was a mistake . So atleast adding the gap of 10 - 30 mins between a msg or changing the name of the button will help a lot.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.