Recruiting Gym Leaders

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
As some may know, towards the end of 2018 I had a crazy idea to try and implement a different attempt at a player based Elite 4 for the beginning of 2019 (that can be read about here: https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/index.php?threads/pwo-elite-4-league.38533/page-3#post-358916). Although the current Elite 4 has had it's fair share of bumps in the road and its obvious this has been something quite experimental and certainly a learning experience, over all it has been mostly positive worked out a bit better than expected. With that said, I'm already looking toward the future of the 2020 Elite 4 but I wanna throw an extra twist on it this time. I would like to try to expand upon it and make this a two stage process.

The first stage will be the gym stage. The gym stage will follow a similar format to what this years Elite 4 follows. Gym leaders register a themed team of 12 pokemon and people battle them to try and win and they get limitless attempts to do so. The themed teams do not have to be mono-type but just share a common theme. I do ask that they try to have no more than 3 different primary types. For example if you want a Dragon theme (my Draconic Team is horrible and I should have done it this way), you should only have Dragon, Flying, and maybe fire types (dual types are fine as long as they are at least part of one of the 3 types decided upon and can be agreed they fit the team; for example Gyarados could be a part of the team because its part flying and fits being a dragon.) Challengers must then enter 12 pokemon of their own that they will use through the gym runs. Once 5 gyms have been beaten (even if we get more than 5 gym leaders, only 5 badges will be needed so challengers can be selective), the Elite 4 challenge begins.

The next stage will be the Elite 4 stage. The 2020 Elite 4 stage will be radically different from the 2019 Elite 4 format. It will be much more refined and reminiscent of the classic style from the official games. Unlike 2019 though there will not be themed teams and there will not be 12 pokemon. There will instead be mono type teams of 6. Other changes include that challengers will only register 6 pokemon, and if they lose to an Elite 4 member, they must rebattle all Elite 4 members. This is to be repeated till tehy can beat all 4 with out a loss (doesnt have to be consecutive, can be over time). Now the question may be why am I asking about this now? Well the reason for that is I would like to get kind of an idea of who may be interested in being gym leaders as I would like to start the Gym Leader's stage in September so people are not in such a rush next year to get things done. thanks for those who took time to read this and I hope this ends up being fun for all.

IamMisty

I will be the very best. Like no trainer ever was. To train them is my real test. Especially the water ones. I will be the Cerulean gym leader. Be the toughest one. Wont give you win for free. You'll have to earn the prize. Cascade badge is one of the tickets to fight the E4.

My name is Misty, I am the Cerulean City gym leader. I'll gladly meet every challenger.

Attachments

• trainercard-Misty.png
    trainercard-Misty.png
    19 KB · Views: 22
  • trainercard-Water_Fairy.png
    trainercard-Water_Fairy.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 22

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
W
I will be the very best. Like no trainer ever was. To train them is my real test. Especially the water ones. I will be the Cerulean gym leader. Be the toughest one. Wont give you win for free. You'll have to earn the prize. Cascade badge is one of the tickets to fight the E4.

My name is Misty, I am the Cerulean City gym leader. I'll gladly meet every challenger.
Welcome to the league of gym leaders! :D I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Klay

Youngster
Idk about Clefairy, but Misty had a Togetic in the anime, so it's not out-of-theme

edit: no Clefairy in her team, but she does have a well-known Psyduck (in case you don't know what you replace Clef with)

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Idk about Clefairy, but Misty had a Togetic in the anime, so it's not out-of-theme

edit: no Clefairy in her team, but she does have a well-known Psyduck (in case you don't know what you replace Clef with)
Yeah, I did allow her team based on it not being water mono type team and more of a Misty theme team. Was meaning to look into the Clefable later. Thank you though for confirming that for me. :D Although she can replace Cleffable with any water type, doesn't just have to be the ones she has owned in the anime. A golduck as a throwback would be awesome XD (I always loved Misty's Psyduck)

GawertyXL

Ya know, I tried this same thing in 2011? This idea brings back memories, good luck!

Isguros

Youngster
Can I include Poison heal Gligar and Breloom on my team?
I believe the overarching theme of this project is that everyone has an incredible amount of leeway when it comes to building their teams. substituting Poison typing for Pokemon with Poison Heal is probably the most reasonable method thus far.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Can I include Poison heal Gligar and Breloom on my team?
Yeah gym leaders don't just have to use teams of all the same types, they just have to fit a theme. I just ask that you try to use no more than 3 different primary types if possible.