PWO staff updates

Sabo

Banned
I would like to hear input in name of all players about updates PWO is considering to make and the way how you will deal with them.

1.Abilities (is that even planned for now to put remaining abiltites in game and who might do that?)

2.Move fixes we only saw super fang fixed in past several months. What are current plans for move fixes?

3.Natures and EVs: Do you have anything planned?

4.New regions: Are they coming this month? I read how staff is saying that they need new client and others for hoenn but have you ever thought about alternative? I clearly saw that bridging system can be done in like 15/17 seconds. I saw a guy doing it before my eyes.

5. New pokes-Do you have any plan on putting generation 6 ingame? If no the why? What would you do with generation 5 if its ingame? WOuld it be tokens store sided or used for events?

-Please if we can get staff input about this it would be appreciated. Sabo

The-Predator

Youngster
I would like to know their plans, I keep seeing in some suggestions or things to fix the sam reply, "this will be discussed, but they may not be fixed anytime soon, since that is not in our priorities". which makes me wonder, what are their priorities or what are they working on?, I mean game has barely 160 players online lately, you can find Forums inactive for days, Maybe game is dying, not sure but a bit of hope could bring the game back to life??

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
I've said it many times... The current staff doesn't know how to deal with a community, this may be offensive, but I won't lie, a change has to come, I'm really tired of hearing lies or excuses, you seem to forget that some of us are not kids, stop threating us like that.

Merse

Youngster
Haven't you all realized that there WON'T be any change? Blue doesn't care even the slightest bit about the community, or the game, or any part of this project really. Only he knows what keeps him on board (although I have very strong suspicions). And if the leader of the project doesn't have his hearth in it, how could any other staff member be dedicated?
Did you see any update about the new client? Nope, although Shane's statement was made almost a month ago. And we do'Nt wven know who is working on the new client if anyone works on it t all. My guess is that they are just talking about a non-existing new client to keep Shane's mouth shut, but I doubt there would be anyone dedicated enough to be able to actually make a new client.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Sabo it was my plan to post a list of PWO priorities, at least in general, before the client was denied us. The priorities then changed as you can imagine, particularly that our top priority is to get the new client playable. We are still working towards our other goals though and when Rigaudon the Project Manager is happy with the plan and which parts to pass on to you guys we will post it.

We are also interested in knowing how much you would like to know. Some players want to know it all, others nothing- they just want to be surprised. Others are in between. So please post here with your thoughts on the matter.

Abilities, natures and EVs have been discussed many times but so far no firm plans are there. I have little doubt they will be implemented eventually but without a current server DEV there are no immediate plans. I will say that a plan is on the board for abilities and natures to be added which addresses concerns regarding them brought up in many discussions over the years.

Move fixes are posted on Trello where they will be seen to when staff has time. Currently only Bluerise can do this and the new playerdex (not to mention the client and privacy policy issues) has taken up all his spare time recently. Hopefully his load will lighten enough to start tackling the Trello move fixes soon.

Hoenn will not be added this month, but the plan for it is no longer on the far horizon and yes we will use mapping alternatives if necessary. If you have good workarounds for the more difficult maps please post them in the Mapping forum. We'd be interested in seeing other solutions to the layering issues.

Generation 6 is a bit far away in my thoughts, though it has been discussed.

Merse and matileo your topics are off-topic and way off in many ways. We do not lie, so I'll no longer sit here and ignore posts that say we do. And there is no need for excuses with this game- the truth works just fine. I accepted it as a player and no less so now I'm staff. We are all volunteers and do as much as we can, but no matter how much we love the game our passion for it doesn't pay the bills or take care of other real life issues for us. Everything takes time.

Merse you aren't even keeping up to date on anything, Hardcoreh is making the new client with help from other staff as needed and as I said at the top that is still our priority right now.

As for personal attacks on Bluerise, they are just pure hate and nowhere have I seen any good reason for them.

mad30

Youngster
I thought the answer to all these questions have been painfully obvious.

The answer to all 5 of sabos question is the following:

There is no one on the current staff that has the knowledge to add those changes and as such those changes can not be promised for any set time line. However once a capable and willing developer is available/hired the staff have every intention to get those suggestions in place.

Mati, there's a vast majority of the community that act like kids (staff members included). A simple logical deduction would be able to tell you there is no server developer active to add those changes which is the reason they are not being added. Not because of the staff members are lying to you, not because lee is w/e you accuse him of being, but simply there is no one with the ability to promise those changes.

Merse, Lee does care about the community, he still gives up a ton of time for now gain just to try to progress the game in the ways he believes are best, be that they are or not. Others on the other hand do not care about the community, I for example stop caring about the community because it came to the point where it wasn't worth it. Lee on the other hands continue to take abuse from you for what?

Also, is it really a shock to you there's been no mention of a new client? How long was hardcoreh working on a client before shane came along? At least a year. If you expected him to suddenly get one released in a few weeks then you must be an idiot. This isn't even lees fault, even thought people believe it is. He does not have the full authority to hire developers. How about you take a step back and actually think before blaming people. Next you are going to start blaming the GE's for scam cases not being solved.

Merse

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Merse you aren't even keeping up to date on anything, Hardcoreh is making the new client with help from other staff as needed and as I said at the top that is still our priority right now.
Really? The whole problem emerged almost a month ago. You're telling me that not one but severl staff members re working on the client. And in one month you have nothing to show to us? This is
a) either horrible communication (which wouldn't be unlike PWO staff but if there are events which threaten the very existence of the game, I think you would consider giving us some insight)
b) or there is nothing to report which would say exactly how well the development of the new client is going.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Merse said:
HitmonFonty said:
Really? The whole problem emerged almost a month ago. You're telling me that not one but severl staff members re working on the client. And in one month you have nothing to show to us? This is
a) either horrible communication (which wouldn't be unlike PWO staff but if there are events which threaten the very existence of the game, I think you would consider giving us some insight)
b) or there is nothing to report which would say exactly how well the development of the new client is going.

Hardcoreh has been working on the client and made progress since then but nothing visual- his words- so nothing to show us as yet. Staff have given him and are working on artwork for the client, some of which was not needed before but with Shane withdrawing permission to use his stuff we have to replace more than would have been needed previously. The client as you know is something that can't be completed in a short time and still be expected to support the game we have. Nor as you also know are staff paid to spend 40 hours a week creating it, so I find criticism like this misplaced to say the least.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
HitmonFonty said:
Sabo it was my plan to post a list of PWO priorities, at least in general, before the client was denied us. The priorities then changed as you can imagine, particularly that our top priority is to get the new client playable. We are still working towards our other goals though and when Rigaudon the Project Manager is happy with the plan and which parts to pass on to you guys we will post it.

We are also interested in knowing how much you would like to know. Some players want to know it all, others nothing- they just want to be surprised. Others are in between. So please post here with your thoughts on the matter.

Abilities, natures and EVs have been discussed many times but so far no firm plans are there. I have little doubt they will be implemented eventually but without a current server DEV there are no immediate plans. I will say that a plan is on the board for abilities and natures to be added which addresses concerns regarding them brought up in many discussions over the years.

Move fixes are posted on Trello where they will be seen to when staff has time. Currently only Bluerise can do this and the new playerdex (not to mention the client and privacy policy issues) has taken up all his spare time recently. Hopefully his load will lighten enough to start tackling the Trello move fixes soon.

Hoenn will not be added this month, but the plan for it is no longer on the far horizon and yes we will use mapping alternatives if necessary. If you have good workarounds for the more difficult maps please post them in the Mapping forum. We'd be interested in seeing other solutions to the layering issues.

Generation 6 is a bit far away in my thoughts, though it has been discussed.

Merse and matileo your topics are off-topic and way off in many ways. We do not lie, so I'll no longer sit here and ignore posts that say we do. And there is no need for excuses with this game- the truth works just fine. I accepted it as a player and no less so now I'm staff. We are all volunteers and do as much as we can, but no matter how much we love the game our passion for it doesn't pay the bills or take care of other real life issues for us. Everything takes time.

As for personal attacks on Bluerise, they are just pure hate and nowhere have I seen any good reason for them.

I've seen you answering to every topic, giving details with maturity, thanks for that, YOU (and a few) are doing a good job, not going offtopic... just pointing what I feel.
No one will argue if the staff wants to keep us updated with the updates and plans, don't ever think about it like that, because we all are expecting news, go for it, and thanks for the detailed reply.

Merse

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Hardcoreh has been working on the client and made progress since then but nothing visual- his words- so nothing to show us as yet. Staff have given him and are working on artwork for the client, some of which was not needed before but with Shane withdrawing permission to use his stuff we have to replace more than would have been needed previously. The client as you know is something that can't be completed in a short time and still be expected to support the game we have. Nor as you also know are staff paid to spend 40 hours a week creating it, so I find criticism like this misplaced to say the least.
That is exactly what I'm expecting from the staff on a weekly basis. Why can't be there a weekly update, even if there are no screenshots to show?
I would be perfectly satisfied with a few prhases each weekend about what have been done in the past week, so we could follow the development of the game. Even if all what happened was coding the battle system or the way to interact with NPCs, it is still important to keep the fanbase updated.

Pretentious

HitmonFonty said:

Fonty,

I've never seen a single person mention that they want to be surprised by updates from this game. I might be wrong, but the people who like these surprises are probably casual players who follow this game from time to time--not the players who play the game and check the forums daily.

As Merse pointed out in his last post, I think the majority of players just want to see what the staff is working on. I understand the demands of real life, and I respect that everyone has other things to do, but one of the best ways to work on a project is by stating what you're doing. This way you remember what your plans are, satisfy the curiosities of the community, and also are less likely to forget about something you're working on.

Rig has a great outline for her changelog. Although hers hasn't been updated in quite some time, it would be nice to read a weekly/biweekly summary of what exactly the staff is up to... and who knows, maybe the staff will be inspired by ideas from the community along the way.

Sabo

Banned
Mmhm..Im really sad especially when I saw one game developed in 4 day..I saw guy making layering system in less then a minute for hoenn..coding battle engine in 2 hours...that is beyond ridicilous. One day I see start another day I see mega evolutions and Sinnoh. How the hell someone can code in mega evolutions, PPs...moves and things in a day...Why PWO is limited? why??If someone can do that in 4 days then what the hell is wrong with PWO. I love PWO and I would like it to progress but please look at staffs structure and what staffs are doingg. Can we move PWO to be good game agaiN?

What the hell...is this new PWO? Please tell us more!

The-Predator

Youngster
Sabo maybe you are judging the staff on a bad way, maybe thats the new client they were going to release and were going to surprise us all.

It looks so cool and has many more features looks like PWO its going to be back with huge power :D, its sad to see 100 players online nowadays but with this new client, that wont be happening :D .

Hmm Well, Im having a bit of hopes, but im not sure, could any one tell me if thats the new client coming?? Is that the new PWO?? or that is not even PWO related?? :S

Naero

One can't help but theorize what PWO would have evolved to if Shane resumed his development seamlessly; those videos seem to illustrate it accurately. :eek: Very, very interesting... ???

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Sabo said:
Mmhm..Im really sad especially when I saw one game developed in 4 day..I saw guy making layering system in less then a minute for hoenn..coding battle engine in 2 hours...that is beyond ridicilous. One day I see start another day I see mega evolutions and Sinnoh. How the hell someone can code in mega evolutions, PPs...moves and things in a day...Why PWO is limited? why??If someone can do that in 4 days then what the hell is wrong with PWO. I love PWO and I would like it to progress but please look at staffs structure and what staffs are doingg. Can we move PWO to be good game agaiN?

What the hell...is this new PWO? Please tell us more!

Where is this game to download?