PWO Happy Hour

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
During a random discussion, a player named Azmo (who was too shy to post the suggestion) came up with a good idea of PWO Happy Hour. Similar to a mini swarm, the idea is that for a random hour every day, pokemon tiers are cut in half in some areas. T5 would become T3 (since there is no T2.5), T4 and T3(there is no T 1.5) would become T2, and T2 would become T1. Not sure how easy or possible this is but I did think it was an idea worth mentioning.

happy hour.pnghappy hour2.png

Last edited:

gingerprimarina

Youngster
Yeah, That's a good suggestion. Hope the staff considers it. It will bring some more players to the game and make the hunting easier, and bring more money to the game.

Araevin

since finding pokemon which you want is only half way to go, and the other is just like a throw of a dice - as for a newcomer it might be very good idea, even if just find some pokemon. Some people might be more conviced if for example there would be no reason to run 4h to find one pikachu ;p

On the other side - it might destroy the rarity of some pokemons and will create large number of the same teams...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
There is no mechanic currently in PWO that would allow random spawns to change rarity temporarily like this; and I can only imagine the difficulty in developing one (though I am not the right person to ask about this, what with not being a DEV...)

In the event we could implement something like this, I wouldn't be against the idea, but we would need to discuss as a Staff team what would be acceptable drops in rarity and where; and ensure strict controls in the system to ensure that a) the same Pokémon do not drop rarity too frequently; and b) The drops are not too severe or for too long - both problems which would likely increase potential damage to the economy further.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
There is no mechanic currently in PWO that would allow random spawns to change rarity temporarily like this
I see, so pretty much would have to be done manually then right? Yeah that could be troublesome, understood.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Have everything drop 1 tier. And T1 becomes more like T2+
It must be noted that PWO's tier system is not strictly linear; in fact, the gaps between tiers are more of a modular scale. So it's not like doubling the chances, or anything - a move from Tier 3 to Tier 2 may have a larger effect on a Pokémon's rarity than you might think. That's why I, for one, would not wish to simply jump on a supposedly "simple" solution such as that.

whisMEAT

Youngster
What if ...(deeply thinking face) chances are like 1/x and it is to be something like 1/(x.0,9) ? It is both easy and happy spawn \o/ (eureka face)