Not open for further replies.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Greetings all,

Thanks for your patience during the lengthy downtime; and it's a pleasure to introduce you to the newly-refreshed PWO Forum. Let me run you through some of the things that changed while we had the curtains drawn:

Upgraded Forum
First of all, let's start with the big one. We've upgraded the phpBB Forum Software used to run our Forum to the newest 3.1 releases, bringing with it tons of new features and behind-the-scenes changes. Some of them you may notice already, but there is one in particular I want to mention: A brand new Notification system. With this new system, you now have the option in the User Control Panel to set notifications for things as diverse as whether you've been quoted in someone's post, whether a topic you've posted in has been replied to, any PMs you receive etc - and be notified of them in real-time on whatever Forum page you may be looking at. Never miss a beat! You'll see that your name and a small version of your avatar now lives in the top-right of each page - clicking this gives you quick links to the User Control Panel and your Profile page on the Forum, as well as the option to log out.

phpBB 3.1 also enhances the Forum's support for mobile and tablet devices, so you should find our Forum theme adapts very cleanly to whatever device you happen to be viewing it on. Speaking of theme...

A complete, whole new, custom look!
A newly updated Forum also brings with it a newly updated theme, as we have completed and made default our own custom look, bringing our Forum more in line with the style used on our website and Playerdex. On the right of the Forum Index, you'll find our Twitter feed, quick links to various PWO services in and out of our Forum; and to the most recently-active topics. (Note: On particularly small screens, the Twitter feed may appear above the Forums themselves - sorry!)

Another change appears on your Forum Profile pages, where you'll now find your Trainer ID from in-game, which also doubles as a link to your Playerdex Profile. You'll also see subtle changes to the layout and look of many other pages on the Forum.

Thanks for the post!
A suggestion by yours truly, with the new Forum update we have also brought back a feature from our IP.Board days - a "thanks" system. Similar to "liking" posts on Facebook and Twitter, you can now "give thanks" to posts which you find particularly informative, useful, entertaining, funny or that you just liked reading. You can "thank" any post by clicking the star button on that post; the number on the button shows how many thanks the post has already received. Note that you can only thank a post once, and not a post you've made yourself.

You will also be able to see the total amount of "thanks" that you have received for all their posts on your Forum Profile. While we've taken to calling the new system "thanks", we're open to suggestions if people would prefer a different term used instead. So let us know what you think!

We hope you like the changes; and please continue to play and enjoy Pokémon World Online and be a part of our diverse community of Pokémon and Trainers worldwide :)

mad30

Youngster
Glad to see we are trying out a positive 'thanks' system. System name is strange.. but minor issues are minor. Not like the name matters much anyways.

Absolutely love twitter posts and useful links on the side. Removes some clutter from all of the forums simply being redirects.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Blue has changed it to "Like" instead of "Thanks" - is this more to everyone's tastes? I agree it doesn't really matter, but it's what people best understand.

mad30

Youngster
Jinji said:
Blue has changed it to "Like" instead of "Thanks" - is this more to everyone's tastes? I agree it doesn't really matter, but it's what people best understand.
If you really want to change a name of something, change human relations. I can't help of thinking about C-3P0 when I see that, so you may as well change the group name to 'Human-Cyborg Relations".

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Looks pretty and I like all the useful info in the sidebar, definitely an upgrade. Once I've bopped around with the new stuff I'll know if I have any problems with it, but it looks good atm.

Domani

Omg mobile version!! So much easier to scroll the forums this way, especially with my broken phone. Thanks for the update Jinji and rest of staff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.