PWO Client Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Youngster
I want to hear people thoughts about something. What would you do if you are given latest PWO client source code with several extras (more up to date then 1.94A)? Are you skilled enough to read and understand VB code? Would you attempt to create or mod said client for general use or private use? What features would you add / remove? How would your work on that client benefit to PWO community? Discuss.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I think someone enough can make awesome clients out of that on in a very short time. First step would be adding new pokemon , new moves , abilities and hazards ofc (without removing abilities that makes the pokemon ''Overpowered'' cuz everything can be freaking countered if people worked their brains a bit) and the main thing is that good authority needs to check the player's thoughts wether an update that is already in game should be removed or not before removing it. A battle scene with all working moves and with all pokemon and types (including fairy and if possible mega evolutions) but lol O god , Don't ever ask me if it will happen here (D)

Sabo

Banned
That would be awesome to be honest.i can see some skilled people creating awesome client.Do you have source code btw? or is this just what would happen if we have it.Current staff tend to overhintk on some things so take a lot of time to move things somwhere. But i'm really looking forward to see if we get it .

Nikola

Youngster
Sabo said:
That would be awesome to be honest.i can see some skilled people creating awesome client.Do you have source code btw? or is this just what would happen if we have it.Current staff tend to overhintk on some things so take a lot of time to move things somwhere. But i'm really looking forward to see if we get it .
Correct, I do have it. Based on your input, opinions and answers the client might be released for everyone to use. However, can you tell me how client source code would benefit to PWO if you are able to manipulate with the code bit more in details? Thanks

Xanatus

Lets Face it, there is more negative than positive that can and will be done with the Code, otherwise we would have done that long ago. If you care a little, you wont release it.

Also in Shanes interest: the Source can be used to attack his game as well, as he does indeed use the almost same server backend as pwo.

Sabo

Banned
Xanatus said:
If you care a little, you wont release it.
You are the last person who should say anything about caring for PWO.

Xanatus

At least i don't harm pwo on purpose. And if you don't care for pwo, Maybe you do for Shanes game which uses my Server backend and can be damaged in the same way as pwo with the Client Source released.

The-Predator

Youngster
Xanatus said:
At least i don't harm pwo on purpose. And if you don't care for pwo, Maybe you do for Shanes game which uses my Server backend and can be damaged in the same way as pwo with the Client Source released.

Is that a threat? no one is harming here, just discussing about benefits for PWO if client source code was Shared (smirk),

Edit: btw Shane has a game?? what game btw??

Xanatus

Nikola said:
Correct, I do have it. Based on your input, opinions and answers the client might be released for everyone to use.
This could be understood as a Thread.

But I see, you just seem to be trolling. So congrats, you almost got me ;-)

The-Predator

Youngster
Wait What?? I´m not trolling, Shane has a game? is it using same server backend as PWO?? how so? if you choose working with blue instead of him?

Nikola

Youngster
Xanatus said:
Not quite sure why you think I want to harm PWO. I would be doing favor to both staff and players. Most of the PWO staff probably understands the reasoning. As for the PRO, again...not quite sure what is the code you are talking about. If you are talking about PWO code after Shane left then that code is due to become non existant in our game. New code will be taking place. There are 3 server for PRO, one of them being under Russian SPETSNAZ authority becuase they have awesome connection as you can see from the server IP, one with Shane and other one with me...and codes are being exchanged as we code. I personally went several time through it. PRO code core is a lot different then PWO one is. Hence the features and performance. To make things clear, I won't be sharing server code PWO is using now. This is just the client code I was talking about.

Again I am not quite sure why would that mean bad thing for PWO. And above all do you see any threat here made by me? Because I don't. Saying I don't care is exaggeration. Staff should know I care, especially the players. There have been like 20 devs thrown away due to applying issue. PWO staff wanted and needed a dev badly but not being able to provide the rank due to dev applying system going through you. As a staff I was rather sick of seeing my fellow staff members losing nerves and being treated as if they were social case. Some of them may be brainwashed however. I know very well how system is working. All the hate you see directed to PWO staff could be avoided if the policy was different. Most of the hate are coming due to lack of updates and development and we all know who is to blame there. I came here to post in peace wanting to help to everyone and not a single threat has been made yet it was said I am treating to PWO. Nonsense and insult.

Hardcoreh

Why would Shane even give you this source, and why would something which is not your property be released by you?
The client source is property of Zammbi, Shane AND Xan, not you. It would be very disrespectful to release this, and besides that, since PWO is still operating on this it can be seen as a possible threat as Xan already pointed out.

The-Predator

Youngster
It could be looked like a threat, but it could not, someone skilled enough could do something awesome for PWO, and not keep waiting on volunteers that (with all the respect) doesnt have time to work on the project

Sabo

Banned
Just share the code and save us from the misery. I will make new client for free if you give me GUI and gfx. I will give it to people to play on for free.

Pretentious

Let's be honest here. The client isn't anyone's except Shane's-- this was admitted by everyone when PWO decided not to use it anymore.

If Shane wants to release it, then he should probably be the one to do that :/

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Hardcoreh said:
Why would Shane even give you this source, and why would something which is not your property be released by you?
The client source is property of Zammbi, Shane AND Xan, not you. It would be very disrespectful to release this, and besides that, since PWO is still operating on this it can be seen as a possible threat as Xan already pointed out.
if shane wasnt paid for the client, its his property. run along now.

EDIT: let me clarify this for you, since honestly speaking you seem like a down syndrome child.

the client is shanes intellectual property since he made it. no one else can lay claim to it since pwo is illegal.

so if you want to act all bad why not do something, like finish your 2 year old client

Also its funny how you mention disrespect, considering you guys had no problem disrespecting shane and i. last thing i wanna hear out of you is disrespect, because the way you acted when shane came back was disrespectful

Hardcoreh

BRGodEastwood said:
if shane wasnt paid for the client, its his property. run along now.

EDIT: let me clarify this for you, since honestly speaking you seem like a down syndrome child.

the client is shanes intellectual property since he made it. no one else can lay claim to it since pwo is illegal.

so if you want to act all bad why not do something, like finish your 2 year old client

Also its funny how you mention disrespect, considering you guys had no problem disrespecting shane and i. last thing i wanna hear out of you is disrespect, because the way you acted when shane came back was disrespectful
It really is funny how you assume I disrespected you both while I never had any sort of contact with or about you in the first place, up until now.
As for Shane, I had no problem working with him until HE decided to disrespect the work I contributed towards PWO and started to impersonate me in-game.

Also me acting all bad? Take a look at yourself first before pointing a finger to someone else please, your seemingly over-sized god complex already makes this apparent.

Yukiro~

Youngster
If anyone should have the right to release it or even make a topic like this, it should be Shane. I agree, pwo should hire more capable volunteers rather than anyone who has the same old excuse of "I'm volunteering my time."

As far as it harming pwo, why would they care? They're a competing game, however it only means they'll be making more competition for themselves, competition for players, and I can guarantee a capable developer would get their hands on the code and turn it around. But this is the point I was proving earlier... the "PRO" team spends more time taunting pwo than worrying about their own product, if you ask me it just displays a total lack of unprofessional-ism on your part it also just shows the amount of immaturity from both teams, you have devs from this forums bickering back and forth with people from a competing game, and let's face it there's not much they can say because they're probably scared of the code getting release, and it's out of their control.

This could have all been avoided if PWO's staff had listened prior and started ground up when they couldn't do much with the source instead of having mediocre devs(no offense) add little snippets to an already existing one. But don't forget while it's Shane's work, he wasn't the only one who worked on this client many other devs have put time and work into PWO, so the argument that it's his code only...I think, would be invalid.

Also, while you guys are pretending PRO is some whole other source code that's so advanced, it was handed down to you by shane which was planned to be another version of PWO, most of you are getting supercilious elitist attitudes because you caught a lucky break on Shane's leaving and got a first chance to join him on his little journey to create "anti-pwo"

When the only actual main ones I give credit would be Shane and BIS and maybe a select couple others. Others shouldn't even be making comments like they actually made any real contributions. Don't get me wrong though, I don't have a problem with either game. I just think this whole bash thing both games is immature and makes both parties look like vengeful angry or mad children who have an envious attitude or hold a grudge for some past reason. If you don't like pwo, I don't get why people still linger around, bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.