PWO battle clauses

ABDisback

Youngster
Hello fellow players of PoKemon World Online !

PWO has always had its set of rules separate from other games, lit it be no switch from a couple of years ago or slaking ban before that, there are many examples to it. At the current date we are following the basic battle clauses that are OH-KO clause,[font=proxima_nova, Helvetica, Arial,]Species Clause and [/font] Evasion clause(refer to the complete list of pokemon battle clauses below), and some that are followed if stated before hand like Sleep Clause but generally don't follow the Freeze Clause

Also given the beta nature of the game things are next to impossible to be balanced, so some pokemons are always too feeble or too OP(overpowered). So i suggest to let the battling  community decide on whats the best to follow and what should really be banned from regular PvP and tournaments.

Awaiting suggestions!

Regular Battle Clauses
[*][font=proxima_nova, Helvetica, Arial,]Evasion clause: Bans moves like Double Team and Minimize.[/font]
[*]Freeze clause: [size=medium][font=proxima_nova, Helvetica, Arial,]You can’t freeze two Pokémon on your opponent’s team at the same time.[/font][/size]
[*]Sleep clause: Same, but for sleep.
[*]OHKO clause: One-hit-kill moves like Guillotine are banned.
[*]Species clause: No duplicate Pokémon on a team.
[*]Self KO clause: You can’t use moves like Self-Destruct or Destiny Bond, which kill your own Pokémon, if you and your opponent each have just one Pokémon left.
[*]Item clause: No duplicate items.

filipy

Hmm really since natures and abilities work properly, we'll need this.

So, about the clauses suggestion:

• Evasion : Necessary to keep a healthy match, especially in singles battles.
  • Freezee : I don't think so freeze clause is necessary,because don't have instant freeze moves like have for sleep, only secondary and the greatest chance is 30% from secret power  move, other ones only have 10% or less.
  • Sleep : This one is necessary because we have instant moves to fall asleep or have very high chance.
  • OHKO : Really necessary to keep a healthy match too.
  • Species : Same like OHKO and Evasion.
  • Self KO : I don't like that, because if your opponent only have one poke and you are able to use self, means your strategy about this battle wins against opponent , and self damage can be blocked by moves like protect for example.
  • Item: This can be flexible, doesn't affect the health of the match but can make it more fun.
ADD:

• [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Moody Clause[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] : A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moddy(A random stat is lowered by 1 stage and another is boosted by 2 stages every turn),Moody is known as the most op and unhealthy skill since it is almost impossible to counter it.[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=small][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Baton Pass Clause[font=Verdana, sans-serif] : A team cannot have more than one Pokemon with the move Baton Pass[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. A Pokemon with the move Baton Pass cannot have both a method of boosting its Speed and a method of boosting any other stats.(Single battle = boost and boost xD) [/font][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Well this is my point of view, but we have to consider another important factor, which would be the Battle Tiers that even better balance this system.
[/font]

Towel

Youngster
To me the most important clauses are evasion and sleep clause. Item clauses would force us to use items such as wise glasses and muscle band, which in my opinion are not competitive at all hehe. OHKO is needed as well of course, for obvious reasons. The baton pass clause might need to come in soon with the new abilities.

If we could come up with something and call it PWO clauses, that would be great. That way we won't have to specify every clause we want every time we wanna battle! :)

whisMEAT

Youngster
hey , a question. can we boost both speed and crit ratio with baton pass? i think answer is no but not sure...

whisMEAT

Youngster
oohh there is another issue. if we follow 1 BP per team and 1 meas of stat boost for BP having pokemon result is this: we can have only one stat booster in a team with BP in a match. sword danc booster for this match. agility booster for another and so. eventhoguh it is suggested this way i want to ask more experienced people that is it possible to have but not to use different stat booster in a pokemon and have a healthy match?. so that pokemon may boost and BP ,lets say, atk in this turn. and after a couple of turns when it got back,it may boost crit ratio or speed for this time.

Klay

Youngster
pokewhisperrer said:
hey , a question.  can we boost both speed and crit ratio  with baton pass? i think answer is no but not sure...

Answer is "it is allowed", since critical ratio isn't a statistic (bulbapedia's definition of a statistic)
source

pokewhisperrer said:
oohh there is another issue.  if we follow 1 BP per team and 1 meas of  stat boost for BP having pokemon result is this: we can have only one stat booster in a team with BP in a match.  sword danc booster for this match. agility booster for another and so.  eventhoguh it is suggested this way i want to ask more experienced people that is it possible to have but not to use different stat booster in a  pokemon and have a healthy match?. so that pokemon may boost and BP ,lets say, atk in this turn. and after a couple of turns when it got back,it may boost crit ratio or speed for this time.

A Pokemon with the move Baton Pass cannot have both a method of boosting its Speed and a method of boosting any other stats.
It's not a matter of "using both moves", but "having both moves".

You're asking if you can still have a healthy match with having both moves, but not passing both. I'd answer you "no".
A and B are battling. A has a Pokémon which knows Sword Dance, Agility, a random physical damaging move (let's say Struggle) and Baton Pass. A's Pokémon uses both SD and Agility, and then "missclick" and chose BP. Oh no, it was a missclick, I'm sorry, I'll not do that again. How to know if it was intended or a real missclick? How player B will prove it was intended if it really was? And how GMs will deal with this new kind of reports? Don't tell they'll deal with it fast (less than 24 hours), because they will not.
I'm talking about GMs because an automation of this clause enforcement will be way less fair for missclicks than the automation system of the current clause. Seriously? Getting an auto-lose because of a missclick? How the hell is it supposed to be fair?
With current BP clause, the system just has to check if a pokémon has "a way to boost Speed + a way to boost any other stat + Baton Pass".
With what you're suggesting, you're removing the auto-check aspect and giving the trial to GMs, making the clause enforcement way more complex and longer than it is.

But you're only seeing the bad side of this change!!!
Because humans are known to be abusive and dishonest, among other things.

What I'd add is
A Pokemon with the move Baton Pass cannot have both a method of boosting its Speed and a method of boosting any other stats
That means you can have:
-both a way to boost critical ratio and a way to boost a stat (even Speed);
-both a way to boost SpAtk and Atk;
-ways to boost SpAtk, Atk, Def and Baton Pass on a same pokémon (be careful with Taunt tho).

whisMEAT

Youngster
your offensiveness saddens me mr klay. i ...was tryiing to improve maybe. maybe i was good in heart and....*hugs his cat

himmm thats logical about controling issue. and i agree. but a last question... no nope,it is done.