Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Nobody has abandoned PWO. The development team are still actively working on PWO behind the scenes, on various projects, which span from events to more permanent content updates. There has also been significant work to PWO services outside the game, with large updates to the Forum and the Playerdex even as recently as two weeks ago.

As regards recruitment, we have always been open to bringing people on board to help with the game, and routinely look out for active, dedicated players who have shown a willingness to assist its development and have demonstrated a skill that would be a useful addition to the team. There are in fact some trials currently ongoing, though we usually do not publicly comment on these in order not to put the people involved under additional pressure.

Finally, I'd like to close with a statement I have said from the very beginning of my time here:
"PWO can see its playerbase reduce to 5% of its size, but if that 5% is made up of the players who genuinely love and care for the game and each other and actively contribute to make up a fun and enjoyable experience for all, then I'd take that 5% over a larger community any day. An ounce of gold is worth more than a ton of mulch."

shodan21

Youngster
You need to realize you're playing this game with 4-5 other people and being hostile toward anyone who tries to encourage the staff to start trying/incentivize new players again.

Endlessly repeated arguments of "staff aren't doing enough, everyone's demotivated and leaving" are not my idea of encouragement. I've seen everything Guii had to say a thousand times already. He literally brought nothing new to the table, it's just the same tired argument that serves no purpose other than to vent frustration.
an active playerbase of ~20 people in a month
[citation needed]
If you keep wanting a divebar to go to and talk to the same 3-5 people every day and say the same set of things every day, you're going to find those settings are short-lived because the lack of activity breeds bad finance keeping. Thus, it will not keep the lights on forever. The main reason why any of us are saying anything is it is a potentially fun game (has been in the past) but as of the last two years there has not been any involvement on the behalf of the developers. If people conceded that fact and hired more active people perhaps things could change, instead, it seems like every time I end up looking back on this...I'm seeing a dumpster fire of people leaving and being disheartened as they go.

Not to mention Jobey, Shodan, and the other regulars basically flipping them off as they go oblivious to the fact the place is turning in to one where no-one wants to go, no-one wants to donate and thus, no money will be had to pay for the safezone being had. Hope you can wake to smell the coffee that even if you like it the way it is, if you want to keep having a game to play dissent from your contention is the only route. Seeing as everyone has already left doing what you suggest is the right path. Or you can go the route of insanity and hope that doing the same thing over and over again will yield different results.
Pretty much everyone is aware of this. I don't disagree (and haven't once in this thread) that, regardless of what staff have been doing behind the scenes, the results aren't there. They haven't really been for a while; outside of events, the changes made have certainly been useful, but nothing significant enough to entice players to return. However, I also understand that yet another player spouting off about this is both annoying and counterproductive. As I noted above, nothing he said hasn't been said before regarding the lack of content. I do disagree with his points about the contest in particular, though, and find his use of this victory as a soapbox highly inflammatory and in poor taste, especially since he couldn't be bothered to understand the subject or even request clarification about it. His entire speech was a slap in the face to the other entrants, to the staff, and to me in particular for insinuating that my initiative to help out of my own free will was actually the result of staff being lazy. Think about it - why would anyone want to spend any time at all on ideas for this game if that's the kind of response they receive? It is incredibly demeaning and offensive, hence why I've taken serious issue with that in this train wreck of a thread.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
@Kaminari Hi, who are you again? Never mind, I guess it doesn't matter. I can already tell from your post that you either didn't read over the posts as much as you claimed, you're overly dense, or you lack the proper proper comprehension capabilities to fully understand the posts or the points trying to be made, what ever the case that's your problem not mine. But to simplify it for you, my issue is mostly to do with how he went about airing his grievances. You know, participating in a contest he claimed was a bad thing, winning the contest he said was a bad thing, accepting prizes from the contest he claimed was a bad thing, and then complaining about the staff hosting an event that was a bad thing after being announced the winner. Anyway, I'll leave it there, I don't want to confuse you further on something you obviously don't fully grasp.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
If we are going to descend into referring to specific people as "dense" and other derogatory terms, then I'm shutting this topic down right now. Being quite honest, the last page worth of posts have been pretty much entirely off-topic; and has only really been allowed to continue up to now because criticism is valuable in any project. However, I am very disappointed in the behaviour of particular players in this thread. The fact that personal attacks have been made against particular users - whatever the context and regardless of terms used - is a behaviour that has always been against the PWO Rules and is against the spirit of community and inclusivity PWO strives to foster.

Edited to better clarify the reasoning behind the lock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.