Pokemon Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Certain Hoenn maps that do not require any special layering are in-game. So yes, some work with Hoenn is complete, but still a significant number do not...

ash.catchem

Youngster
Just wanted to notify, dont know if you knew that or not...
that some moves which are generally physical moves are kept in special moves, like Zen headbutt, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch an lots more, and same thing for reverse too like Hyper Beam which is a special move has been kept in physical moves..

Source: PWO Wiki Special Moves List and Physical Move list.
Also dont know if that source shows wrong or old info...

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Hyper Beam Physical, Fire Punch Special and etc. That is, because game use 3rd gen system. In 3rd and older gen systems all Normal type moves is Physical, all Fire type moves is Special and etc. Wait until game by changed to new gen system.

Attachments

• screenshot.8.png
    screenshot.8.png
    23 KB · Views: 3

ash.catchem

Youngster
Hey just have a look at that screenshot, Bullet Seed which is a grass type move is normal eff on Pidgey, and not only this it was also not super eff on rock type pkemon.
So can you check whther there is a problem in type of this move, its certain grass type move in all gen.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,868

nayhr

i don't if this is said already.., but i would like to suggest that
kingdra can learn dragonPulse.,
granbull can learn outrage.., ^_^

G

This is what Crenel said at the end of last year.

I appreciate that some of you are eager to make suggestions but please don't. We're going to get to all of them eventually.

So please stop begging them to fix the pokemon that you want. It's getting spammy and annoying.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Bullet see is actually a psychic type move here. I've reported it as such in the playerdex Bug Catcher.

maadoo

heyy crenel sorry for bothering you but i was wondering if you r planning on fixing any moves

crenel

Youngster
We're working on an alternative solution to speed things up rather than relying on mostly me to handle this, since my schedule is a bit tight. Don't expect any/many for a little while -- I'll update you guys when there's news available.

G

Everyone seem to be busy, Shane and Xan is working on Heromon. You and Jinji are busy with other stuff.
I barely see any CG on. There are probably more I forget to mention here.

It's also funny to read Zammbi's post about ensuring that nothing falls apart after he left last year.

Maybe it's time to hire some new active staff? :)

G

Jinji is in charge of recruitment for PWO, jabbing at Crenel in this thread isn't going to help anything.

On that note. Could we get this topic locked 'cept to the OP (not sure if phpbb offers this service)?

G

Im not jabbing at Crenel, I think Crenel and Jinji are doing a fantastic job when they are online!
I just pointed out that a lot of people seem busy with other things so maybe it would be better to find someone who can be more active.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
thewakka said:
Im not jabbing at Crenel, I think Crenel and Jinji are doing a fantastic job when they are online!
I just pointed out that a lot of people seem busy with other things so maybe it would be better to find someone who can be more active.
Now that would depend, what exactly are you expecting said 'someone' to be or do?

G

If that wasn't sarcasm, which I hope it wasn't, then my suggestion was that you hire "someone" for example developers. Now, this is probably up to Shane and Xan since they own it and do most of the programming by themself. But if they wanted to push the development they could hire some developers that could fix some stuff that Xan and Shane are too busy with Heromon to fix at the moment, for example the Battle System update.

Now, the risk of hiring new developers is always that you risk of someone stealing your game/code. There are some ways to work around that, for example it's possible to only let people work with parts of the code and be denied access to the rest of it.

By now you may say something like "When Shane and Xan gets back they will adopt the Heromon system into PWO". The thing is that a lot of stuff goes very slow with the development even when they are back here.

And also, some developers do it for free. Like myself (though im working on another game right now).
I know that you recently got ThuGie (which is awesome!) but I don't think you should stop there.

Now, im not trying to say that you, the staff, are bad in any way cause I know that you have a lot of work to do and I think you are great. Im just wishing the wheels was spinning a bit faster ;D

I probably make myself look like an *** right now, but I only want you and the game well.... so I should stop typing now.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
It wasn't intended to be sarcasm, it was to be clear on things. Unfortunately Xan is charge of DEV recruitment and all decisions have to go through him, it would be nice to have another active DEV. ~

crenel

Youngster
The updates I've been doing aren't coded. It's managed via databasing. The game engine and its code is a limiting factor, yes, but it isn't what's slowing these types of minor adjustments down. I'm the reason it's being slowed down, and so we're working on a way to correct that.

psychosamm

Youngster
Any updates as of late? And if I may suggest:

Growlithe:
Bite- knows auto
Roar- Knows auto
Ember- 6
Leer- 9
Odor Sleuth- 14
Helping Hand- 17
Flame Wheel- 20
Reversal- 25
Fire Fang- 28
Flame Burst- 31
Flamethrower- 39
Agility- 42
Crunch- 45
Retaliate- 48
Heat Wave- 51
Flare Blitz- 56

Arcanine:
Thunder fang, bite, roar, fire fang, odor sleuth= knows auto
Extremespeed- 39

I know a lot of people have been begging for arca to be updated. Not sure if you have those later gen moves in the game though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.