Pokemon Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaSnowman

Love all the new updates you guys have been doing Greatwork! has makin tauros HR been considered since hes considerable price raise and power boost?

Crocs2001

just a few suggestion :

outrage on kangaskhan

and some gen IV moves for these pokes :
iron head + x scissor on scizzor
hammer arm on ursaring
leaf storm on sceptile

and how about making ghost moves a special atk type?

King

Crocs2001 said:
just a few suggestion :

outrage on kangaskhan

and some gen IV moves for these pokes :
iron head + x scissor on scizzor
hammer arm on ursaring
leaf storm on sceptile

and how about making ghost moves a special atk type?
crenel said:
I appreciate that some of you are eager to make suggestions but please don't. We're going to get to all of them eventually.

I want to focus on finishing the Kanto region Pokemon that I didn't finish earlier in the year (roughly 90 of those left) before looking at others, so I have it planned out already. I believe Jinji has his own batch lined up as well. Thanks for understanding. The support is not unappreciated, but isn't necessary right now.

naliorf333

Youngster
crenel said:
I appreciate that some of you are eager to make suggestions but please don't. We're going to get to all of them eventually.

I want to focus on finishing the Kanto region Pokemon that I didn't finish earlier in the year (roughly 90 of those left) before looking at others, so I have it planned out already. I believe Jinji has his own batch lined up as well. Thanks for understanding. The support is not unappreciated, but isn't necessary right now.

cool,.thanks for that and more power in this game ! :D
hope your program will be more flexible and awesome in the future  ;)

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Please update this moves:
Tackle  Power from 35 to 50, Accuracy from 95 to 100
Petal Dance  Power from 70 to 120
Giga Drain  Power from 60 to 75
Leaf Blade  Power from 70 to 90
Jump Kick  Power from 70 to 100
Hi Jump Kick  Power from 85 to 130
Hyper Beam  Power from 120 to 150
Eruption  Power from 75 to 150
Air Slash  Accuracy from 100 to 95, It may also make the target flinch.

Gifford

narutofoxLT said:
Please update this moves:
Tackle  Power from 35 to 50, Accuracy from 95 to 100
Petal Dance  Power from 70 to 120
Giga Drain  Power from 60 to 75
Leaf Blade  Power from 70 to 90
Jump Kick  Power from 70 to 100
Hi Jump Kick  Power from 85 to 130
Hyper Beam  Power from 120 to 150
Eruption  Power from 75 to 150

Obviously you don't read as it already has been said multiple times don't make suggestions.

risefromruins

Youngster
narutofoxLT said:
I don't multiple, I rewrite less. Read dude read

crenel said:

1. You need a better translator.
2. Let crenel do his thing.  Be happy that he is actually taking time to deal with this issue.

crenel

Youngster
A moderately sized update this time. Particular of note is updates to the Slaking family.

Focus Punch is now dead. Only two Pokemon learn it via level up, those being Vigoroth and Hitmonchan. Breaking the move does not remove Hitmonchan's potential (when I get to updating him), so there's nothing to miss other than headaches. Focus Punch will only return to the game once its mechanic works correctly.

Slaking now learns an attack called Hammer Arm. This is an attack that several more Pokemon will be learning as I progress down the roster. Hammer Arm has 80 base power, 90% accuracy, and reduces the user's speed by 10 every time it is used. Slaking also learns a move called Chip Away now. Chip Away has 70 base power, 100% accuracy. In PWO, Chip Away is a clone of Slash as both are just 70 base power, 100% accuracy Normal-Type attacks.

Please test these changes and let me know if this helps make Slaking a more fun and balanced Pokemon to battle both with and against. If in 3-7 days it is obvious that this is a negative change that makes Slaking too powerful, then I'll readjust things again. The goal is to retain Slaking as a powerful choice for your team without having it be the central focus of a battle. I want it to fall in line with other "powerful" battlers.

I was going to say "This will be available next server reboot/crash" like I normally do but it seems to have crashed while I was making this post, so it will be available momentarily.

crenel

Youngster
I'm not taking suggestions. I posted that and people have quoted my post to you 3-4 times now. If you ask again I'm going to ban you from the forums for a week. It's annoying checking for feedback and instead finding you arguing with people.

DizzyNguyen

I hope pokemon following back normal size and everyone also think that better now

Seth

Testing out Hammer Arm against a couple other people is still a bit powerful with its accuracy as high as it is. But, I like where this is going.

Crocs2001

i have tested this few times, IMO, hammer arm will make slaking more powerful.. since before its focus punch (100 pwr 50 acc), and now hammer arm (80 pwr 90 acc). >> CMIIW but this is how those two moves work in PWO right? (from PWO wiki), before focus punch is being nerfed
even without f punch being nerfed i'd still choose hammer arm over f punch
but the idea for making focus punch useless is still a good idea since its suppose to be a fail move after all.

and if hammer arm suppose to make slakings a little less powerful, wouldnt lower its power will also make other pokes that (will) have hammer arm a little less powerful too? coz TBH, i do use other pokes that (will) have hammer arm on their movesets.

i.e sometimes i use rhydon to counter slaking.. and some times it worked coz focus punch misses a LOT!!! but now with both pokes have hammer arm (assuming rhydon will also get it in the future), rhydon wont be able to kill slakings anymore coz i think 2 hammer arm is enough to kill rhydon and one hammer arm is not enough to kill slaking.. probably.. :D hence, one less pokemon to counter slakings

just my two cent

its an opinion/feedback, NOT a suggestion lol

PS : is the move list (power and acc) in pwo wiki is updated? or is there another source to see this kind of stuffs?

crenel

Youngster
Remember that Hammer Arm will also be lowering the user's speed every time it is used. I know on paper it looks as though it's going to be more powerful, but what I essentially did was normalize random damage and add a slowing effect. As an 80 power attack Hammer Arm still has some meat to it, so I'm not overly worried about how it's going to alter the other 5 that learn it. Please continue to find ways to test these changes over the next few days, and once we have a pool of first hand experience to draw off of then we'll determine if we need to reevaluate Slaking again.

I'm trying to avoid directly altering the Pokemon's stats without breaking any moves if possible, but we'll have to find out what works best. Just let me know how it feels overall.

Edit:

Basically Slaking can no longer reliably spam the attack, which should make it good for a couple of uses before the user needs to consider something new. This is why I think Slaking's going to feel a bit more manageable. It'll hit hard for a round or two before it risks slowing itself down too much.

HeavyPetter

crenel said:
Please test these changes and let me know if this helps make Slaking a more fun and balanced Pokemon

Isn't Slaking completely broken anyway since it can act every turn? If I remember correctly Slaking is only supposed to be able to act every other turn to compensate for its extreme stats. In my opinion it will not be very balanced until it works in a similar way as it does in the original games. It's great that you take the time to do what's currently possible within PWO though. Keep up the good work :D.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.