Pokemon Hunter NPC

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
We give him PDs, he hunts pokemon. The more we specify, the more it costs in terms of PDs and time.

I could say "Go find me a Larvitar", and he'd charge me like 500K, and says this will take 30 hours.

Or I could specify "Find me a 20+ Larvitar" and then he charges me 10M and says this will take 200 hours.

Or, "I want a Max Speed, Max Special Attack Staryu" and he charges 5M and says that will take 20 hours.

This can create a money sink and give players chances to get better pokemon.

thunderclap

Youngster
Interesting idea. I wouldn't want it to be a guaranteed catch though. He should calculate how much time it would take to find the requested pokemon on average, given standard encounter rates and stuff. For example 13 hours to find a shiny with membership. If there were 2 pokes in a given area and you specifically wanted a certain one, shiny, that'd be 26 hours. I guess the NPC would have a MS or not depending if you had one at the time.

But I don't agree with the notion that PWO needs a money (Pd) sink. There is a great money shortage. Money has never been worth more or been harder to get. That's why I'd also like a NPC that would buy your unwanted pokes.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
This is a incredible idea. But a guaranteed catch will mean you only need pd to do certain things you wish for and not actually try and put effort in yourself. I suggest this npc only hunts once per month or something like that.
On the other hand, if its not a guarantee, then its a gamble. Its like trying your luck to win a lottery.
An npc who would buy unwanted pokes for a bit of pd is a great idea. That would eliminate the space problem.